Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Earthquake in Greece

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 04:08 PM
Bluebrew
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Earthquake in Greece

Saw on the news there was a 6.5 scale quake in Greece. I see a lot of you posting from there. Hope everybody's Ok! Haven't heard anything more about it so I've no idea if it disrupted populated areas or not.
Old 02-16-2008, 04:29 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Earthquake in Greece

My parents (also British like me but living here) were about as close as could be, down in the pelopponese near the city of kalamata, and it rocked them pretty good. I felt it all the way up here in Athens. Fortunately it occurred in the sea, and construction in Greece is all built to handle earthquakes much bigger than that. I don't think there have been any major issues. Here it has been forgotten already. Thanks for your concern though.
Old 02-16-2008, 04:49 PM
Bluebrew
My Feedback: (1)

Thats good to hear.
Old 02-16-2008, 08:05 PM
Danju

foxy, why not the 42???

..and whats it like to be in greece...i think its an awesome place right...like theres lots of really old historical landmarks..like the pantheon right? (plz correct me if im wrong!)
i like looking at old stuff that is still around[&:] its cool.
Old 02-16-2008, 08:56 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

42 gone, long story, short version: Cos it wasn't my first choice when I signed up and the opportunity arose.

Greece is very cool. Lots of old stuff, indeed, but it has a few problems as a country. It also has a more free and relaxed way of life though. Come and see for yourself someday.

By the way, it's 4am here and I'm looking out of the window at sheets of snow coming down and about 3 inches settled on the ground. I hope I can get out with the FG monster truck tomorrow. Will get vid if I do.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:11 PM
Danju

4 am is early aint it for rcu? its 6:07 here in CA lol

im looking forward to some monster action hehe i forgot when, but i saw a vid of your baja cruising in the parking lot. i really like big rc cars haha
Old 02-17-2008, 01:13 AM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good to hear everyone is fine, half of RCU seems to be in Greece . We have our fair share of earthquakes here in CA too.