Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

How much is gas where you live?(unleaded)

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 08:21 AM
Anomie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How much is gas where you live?(unleaded)

ORIGINAL: ferrarimk13

Canada 1.22?!! thats crazy, in new york its $3.33 the lowest, but we use premium for the turbocharged 4 cylinder.
I think that's per liter.

$3.71/gal near my home now.
Old 03-28-2008, 05:04 PM
ferrarimk13

oh yeah, theyre metric, forgot about that.
Old 03-28-2008, 11:37 PM
ProRCRacer88

hmm.. looks like on the west side, gas will hit $4 for 87 octane long before it hits that on the east side.
Old 03-29-2008, 12:46 AM
Enzyme80

sorry guys I guess I am living good at 3.04 right now. And I do complain about it because it was 84 cents when I first got my license so yes I have a RIGHT to complain.
my solution was to move 3 miles from my job, get a new altima 2.5 (avg 30 miles to the gallon) and only drive when I have to. That nice pedal bike is great!
[link=http://gasprices.mapquest.com/?cid=google&sem=1&ncid=MPQMAP00170000000028]CHeck here [/link] for the cheapest prices (not sure how often it is updated)

Sorry make that 2.57 cheapest in the US!!!!!!! I am going to have to check this out tomorrow because I might stop complaining then!
Old 03-29-2008, 08:55 AM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the rich part of our city I noticed the gas was $3.35! Thats insane for those rich people to pay!
Old 03-29-2008, 11:17 AM
ferrarimk13

thats good right, in LA?
Old 03-29-2008, 11:48 AM
annie_himself

thats good right, in LA?
Do you mean Los Angeles? I was talking about Baton Rouge, La. Our prices are normally $3.10-$3.20 depending on what part of the city your in. It's cheaper in the hood and more expensive in the upper class parts of baton Rouge.
Old 03-29-2008, 11:50 AM
ferrarimk13

no, i meant louisiana, lol. Thats the initials for the state right? lol, i assumed that itd be cheaper where people cant afford it,
Old 03-29-2008, 12:01 PM
annie_himself

Well that's just Baton Rouge, I don't know the prices in New Orleans which is the biggest and most populous city in La. Does anyone here live in Katrina City?
Old 03-29-2008, 01:39 PM
Mr.Slave

oh yeah, theyre metric, forgot about that.
yes its getting close to 4.80 ish a gallon im sure the premium is over 5.
Old 03-29-2008, 01:48 PM
ferrarimk13

damn, europe is worse though. They said some places $8 a gallon. thats more than $80 for the smallest car out there. Everyone go out and get a longboard or bike, and youll be set
Old 03-29-2008, 01:58 PM
annie_himself

damn, europe is worse though. They said some places $8 a gallon. thats more than $80 for the smallest car out there. Everyone go out and get a longboard or bike, and youll be set
We don't live in a jam packed city where you can walk around all day long. I can barely walk to a store here. New York is like one big sidewalk.
Old 03-29-2008, 03:55 PM
Mr.Slave

the bicycle is the most efficient machine man has ever created.

again i cant say this enough driving is a privilege
Old 04-15-2008, 11:55 AM
warheadforever

$4.01 las I saw down here........WAAAAAA!
Old 04-15-2008, 07:31 PM
Mr.Slave

its now equal to 5 bucks a gallon
i hope it goes way up this summer.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:09 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: quadzilla122

Im just curious to see what city has the highest and lowest gas prices. The highest(premium) ive seen has been $3.65 and the lowest(regular)has been $3.35. Say what you saw today or what ever day you post of course. Remember the rules, no political related posts so keep it with the numbers only please.
They still sell regular gasoline? I thought all gasolines sold at the pump, by Federal law, must be unleaded (free of tetraethyl lead). Where I am from, we only have unleaded gasolines of several octane ratings: 87 octane, 89 octane, and 93 octane. Regular gasoline simply does not exsist anywhere anymore in my area, you cannot find gasoline containing lead unless you refine your own gas.

The prices of thse unleaded gasolines in my area are:
87 octane = $3.89 and 0.99cents
89 octane = $3.99 and 0.99cents
93 octane = $4.09 and 0.99cents

What really annoys me to h3ll is the 0.99cents tacked onto the prices. How do h3ll does one pay 99 parts out of whole cent? do you cut a tiny chunk out of a penny? I absolutly abhore seeing a faction of a cent on gasoline prices. They should simple say $3.90 for 87 octane and get rid of the 0.99cent. The gas companies are not fooling anyone.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:27 PM
IBrakeForNobody
My Feedback: (16)

I stopped looking for the most part. I simply pull up and fill up. It doesn't help that I have a '99 F-150 with a 5.4L V8 engine, and that I drive from here to LA twice a month, but I guess I can't complain as long as I drive my 12MPG truck. I get a kick out of speeding past the little Japanese econo-boxes on the freeway with my big American muscle, though.

That, and I could never bring myself to get a car. I'll be driving a pickup or a non-unibody SUV as long as I can help it. One reason being that I feel safer in something with a frame, and I don't like low cars because you slam into the ground every time there's a dip in the road, and the headlights of taller vehicles shine directly into the mirrors at night; especially when people lift their full-size trucks with that level or butt-end-low prerunner stance and they don't re-aim their headlights, so they have to turn on their fog lights as well to see anything, then the low cars are looking directly at the brightest part of the headlight beam, as well as the extra light of fog lights.

Okay, I admit that I did re-aim my headlights two degrees up (still within legal and OEM limits), and I can see a lot farther at night. I do also have fog lights that I use regularly at night, but I turn them off when I pull up behind a low car or if there is a lot of traffic on the road.

Just out of the blue, is it me or does the forum keep posting two apostrophes every time one is typed?
Old 04-15-2008, 09:01 PM
annie_himself

$3.50 is the highest, somewhere across the Mississippi River.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:11 PM
Nik.

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

What really annoys me to h3ll is the 0.99cents tacked onto the prices. How do h3ll does one pay 99 parts out of whole cent? do you cut a tiny chunk out of a penny? I absolutly abhore seeing a faction of a cent on gasoline prices. They should simple say $3.90 for 87 octane and get rid of the 0.99cent. The gas companies are not fooling anyone.
Its just marketing, and its rounded up, what did you think?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12063.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	930158   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zv66892.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	930159  
Old 04-15-2008, 09:44 PM
NitroVenom

^^LMAO... Rich *******.. Gas is up to $3.45 a gallon over here. Anybody notice that a lot of the gas tanks are ripping you off? If you go to the exact price for one gallon, does it really show up for one gallon..? I''ve been watching this lately and I noticed it happens at a lot of gas stations.. What would I do about this..? Seriously Inext time I see it happen, I''m gonna stop the pump on 1 gallon and see if it really is the price they say it is... If it isn''t, There''s gonna be some problems...
Old 04-16-2008, 10:10 AM
ElectricGuy007

3.27 a gallon.[:@]
Old 04-16-2008, 06:36 PM
The_Shark

here its $3.37 and $4.25 for diesle.

my volvo 850 tubo eats premium... thats $3.53, without it, it pre detonates (pings) due to the pressure and extra heat created by the turbo.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:37 PM
The_Shark

in the city add 20 cents[:'(]
Old 04-17-2008, 09:46 AM
snowbl!nd

I recently visited the Outer Hebrides (off the West Coast of Scotland) where petrol was £1.18 a litre.

That works out at $8.86 per US gallon.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:18 AM
warheadforever

ORIGINAL: IBrakeForNobody

I stopped looking for the most part. I simply pull up and fill up. It doesn't help that I have a '99 F-150 with a 5.4L V8 engine, and that I drive from here to LA twice a month, but I guess I can't complain as long as I drive my 12MPG truck. I get a kick out of speeding past the little Japanese econo-boxes on the freeway with my big American muscle, though.

That, and I could never bring myself to get a car. I'll be driving a pickup or a non-unibody SUV as long as I can help it. One reason being that I feel safer in something with a frame, and I don't like low cars because you slam into the ground every time there's a dip in the road, and the headlights of taller vehicles shine directly into the mirrors at night; especially when people lift their full-size trucks with that level or butt-end-low prerunner stance and they don't re-aim their headlights, so they have to turn on their fog lights as well to see anything, then the low cars are looking directly at the brightest part of the headlight beam, as well as the extra light of fog lights.

Okay, I admit that I did re-aim my headlights two degrees up (still within legal and OEM limits), and I can see a lot farther at night. I do also have fog lights that I use regularly at night, but I turn them off when I pull up behind a low car or if there is a lot of traffic on the road.

Just out of the blue, is it me or does the forum keep posting two apostrophes every time one is typed?
Everyone is saying that, so no your not the only one... WAAAAAA!...LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.