Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

homeschool?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 12:40 AM
Pearl_414
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: homeschool?

ORIGINAL: Longhair

ORIGINAL: Pearl_414

Home school = hard time to communicate with civilization in the roads ahead. I wouldn't home school unless guns and drugs were outrageous at the local school, which is at many, many schools.
Sounds like more reason to be in school everyday
Look at the bright side, atleast you'll learn how to load a clip.
Old 09-20-2008, 01:10 AM
The_Lost_Otter

ORIGINAL: hands without shadows

I actually had a teacher call me out in front of the whole class and tell me that if I didn't like his subject I should go home and spend the rest of my life driving a tractor, whatever it takes to stop bringing his average down [X(]
You don't wanna know what I've told teachers in the past. I'll put a teacher in their spot, faster then you can blink an eye and laugh about it!!
thats another proplem his teacher is out to get me. class is yelling laughing i sy 2 words, wait what? i bamm i got 100 sentences to write. i swear he is out to get me i know it!!! lol ill try and get some adio for you to see lol.
i snapped at him today, which shut him up pretty well. i got respect for him, but he doesnt show me any. so you can guess what im going to do
Old 09-20-2008, 01:18 AM
andrewtexas123

Its for people thta dont have friends.. And dont like sports.. [:'(] Not for me

Andrew
Old 09-20-2008, 03:41 AM
Pearl_414
Banned

ORIGINAL: Mx314

ORIGINAL: hands without shadows

I actually had a teacher call me out in front of the whole class and tell me that if I didn't like his subject I should go home and spend the rest of my life driving a tractor, whatever it takes to stop bringing his average down [X(]
You don't wanna know what I've told teachers in the past. I'll put a teacher in their spot, faster then you can blink an eye and laugh about it!!
thats another proplem his teacher is out to get me. class is yelling laughing i sy 2 words, wait what? i bamm i got 100 sentences to write. i swear he is out to get me i know it!!! lol ill try and get some adio for you to see lol.
i snapped at him today, which shut him up pretty well. i got respect for him, but he doesnt show me any. so you can guess what im going to do
Try to catch him/her on cell phone audio/video during his/her rampage and call your lawyer and have him/her prosecuted. Never let anybody wipe their feet in your face. I don't care how old you are, all should be treated equal.

My reading teacher once told me, the bigger they are, the harder they hit, not true. The bigger they are, the harder they fall. Stand up for your right, 1 day you will look back and say, I'm so proud of myself, I didn't let anybody step on me!!!
Old 09-20-2008, 09:56 AM
J.D.T

first off I think making generalizations about any group as broad as this is dangerous, I am sure there are some homeschoolers that are above average in every single aspect, even the social HOWEVER I have seen it first hand and agree they tend to be a little more socially inept than their peirs, the types that go crazy with a little bit of freedom at college and go nutso raped robbed and on probation if not arrested, in high school you learn conflict resolution on a daily basis, fighting, drinking, smoking, smoking, skipping class ... the opposite sex, all things that a "normal" person goes through, and no matter how cool your parents are you just can't do with them(I hope). I would like to add that many clubs are forming in decent sized cities to bring home schooled kids together for social interactions, lunches, sports and even dances and such, sadly many times the reason the parents do it is they want to protect their children from learning a four letter word or being exposed to non secular beleifs, if this is the motivation rather than a better education I would suggest some therapy for the parents, more than likely an overbearing mother lol.
Old 09-20-2008, 05:27 PM
Pearl_414
Banned

ORIGINAL: J.D.T

first off I think making generalizations about any group as broad as this is dangerous, I am sure there are some homeschoolers that are above average in every single aspect, even the social HOWEVER I have seen it first hand and agree they tend to be a little more socially inept than their peirs, the types that go crazy with a little bit of freedom at college and go nutso raped robbed and on probation if not arrested, in high school you learn conflict resolution on a daily basis, fighting, drinking, smoking, smoking, skipping class ... the opposite sex, all things that a "normal" person goes through, and no matter how cool your parents are you just can't do with them(I hope). I would like to add that many clubs are forming in decent sized cities to bring home schooled kids together for social interactions, lunches, sports and even dances and such, sadly many times the reason the parents do it is they want to protect their children from learning a four letter word or being exposed to non secular beleifs, if this is the motivation rather than a better education I would suggest some therapy for the parents, more than likely an overbearing mother lol.
Agreed, the main problem is the parents. Take Casey Anthony for example, good thing she's not a mentor!
Old 09-20-2008, 10:13 PM
-Inverted-

Home schoolers have a harder time getting into College because your background just isn't looked at the same as if you had a High School diploma. The other side of my family is home schooled and I couldn't do it. Sure, every kid thinks it sounds cool to be able to stay at home; but it WILL wear off.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:24 AM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would have been bored out of my mind, might have become a hermit too.

And you can't let one or 2 bad teachers turn you off to school in general, we all had some of those and survived.
Old 09-21-2008, 02:19 AM
feo

ORIGINAL: Longhair

Home school = hard time to communicate with civilization in the roads ahead. I wouldn't home school unless guns and drugs were outrageous at the local school, which is at many, many schools.
Sounds like more reason to be in school everyday
lol, +1[sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 09-21-2008, 06:12 AM
cumquat

ORIGINAL: -Inverted-

Home schoolers have a harder time getting into College because your background just isn't looked at the same as if you had a High School diploma. The other side of my family is home schooled and I couldn't do it. Sure, every kid thinks it sounds cool to be able to stay at home; but it WILL wear off.
it hasnt worn off on me. i enjoy staying up all night and sleping all day. my mom doesent care as long as i do 2 hours of reading anying, 30 minutes of writing/typing, 5 pages of math and learn about a city i havent slept in. i can do all of that in 2 hours by reading about the city (and what ever time i need to fill i can fill by reading rc car action mag.), i type what i learn about the city ( that can take me an hour!), and i can do the math of traveling there from home by figuring out how much to fly there wit each airline that lands at our nearest airport with so many bags, by train and by car.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:03 PM
westphill24

But what about when its time to go to college or work and you cant work on mommy time anymore? Im not saying you cant adjust Im just saying it will be a hard adjustment. I went to regular school and graduated from college and Im still having a hard time getting use to waking up early for work.lol
Old 09-22-2008, 04:36 PM
Oasis TR

never thought i would agree with you..lol..but your so right on this one
Old 09-22-2008, 04:43 PM
Oasis TR

ORIGINAL: moron88

it hasnt worn off on me. i enjoy staying up all night and sleping all day. my mom doesent care as long as i do 2 hours of reading anying, 30 minutes of writing/typing, 5 pages of math and learn about a city i havent slept in. i can do all of that in 2 hours by reading about the city (and what ever time i need to fill i can fill by reading rc car action mag.), i type what i learn about the city ( that can take me an hour!), and i can do the math of traveling there from home by figuring out how much to fly there wit each airline that lands at our nearest airport with so many bags, by train and by car.
Well make sure your getting the key phrases that you will be using in your day to day adult life down..May I take your order..Would you like some fries with that order..lol..but once a slacker always a slacker..
Old 09-22-2008, 05:23 PM
-EXTRA-

ORIGINAL: Oasis TR

Well make sure your getting the key phrases that you will be using in your day to day adult life down..May I take your order..Would you like some fries with that order..lol..but once a slacker always a slacker..
Wow i couldn't disagree more..I am homeschooled and yea it suck's..i also use to slack off ALOT but guess what i got myself straight..i'm about to go ahead and get my GED(yes i know not as good as a diploma but i have no choice) i have a steady job at my local grocery store i was a bag boy first now i'v moved up to perishable stocker then when i turn 18 ill try for perishable manager then who know's after that..but as far as the job thing goes..a homeschooler can get just as good IF NOT A BETTER JOB then someone who goes to a regular school..Now for those of you who disagree with me do me and you both a favor and do some research on the fact before you come on here arguing and making a fool of yourself.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:31 PM
The Hedgehog

What about going to college to further your education?
Old 09-22-2008, 08:18 PM
[email protected]

The one thing in school you can be apart of so many things that are not sports. I'm a earth nerd and star trek dork so I did things for the school with class mates like plant trees and clean river banks and went to science things. I just think you can get so much more if you wunt to but you have to be apart of it, if that makes sense. I was not happy that my son went home school and I new it would be a problem but was like I'll give it a try and see how he does. never again. In school I was not cool or hung with the in crowd I did do sports but only to make my dad happy. school was fun and had a lot of good times did not care about what people said about me and just did my thing. Now it did help that I was 6'0 ft 190lbs and worked out a lot.

Now with college I don't think it's for every one, I went to tech school and I do fine.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:00 PM
hands without shadows

Extra curricular activites are a ton of fun. I wasnt into sports either but I was part of the catapult club for 2 years and the physics club for 3. Catapult club wasnt really a club. Around this time of year you would find a few friends and start building a catapult. The school provided wood and (hand) saws so us country kids would team up, bring our chopsaws, cordless drills, etc and go nuts. In our senior year we went really overboard, welded an arm and pivot out of 2" pipe, and used 600 lbs of tractor weight as counterweight. We more than doubled the old record. Physics club was really irregular, we just kind of built stuff sometimes during lunch. Hovercrafts, take stuff apart, speakers, etc. Kinda geeky but we had a blast and you really cant get those experiences at home.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:06 PM
Wisconsin Nitro

p.s. i probably would have ended up in alteritive if i stayed. i didnt do my homework and i have an anger managment disorder, wich could have lead me to give them a resin to install metal detectors.
my school is on that path and I am glad I'm gonna be done this year (09)

give it 2 or 3 years I bet you will see security details, cameras, metal detectors, the whole shebang

as for home school... I dont think it would do you much good and it by far better to be out in the public and to be social
Old 09-23-2008, 04:42 AM
Pearl_414
Banned

ORIGINAL: Wisconsin Nitro

p.s. i probably would have ended up in alteritive if i stayed. i didnt do my homework and i have an anger managment disorder, wich could have lead me to give them a resin to install metal detectors.
my school is on that path and I am glad I'm gonna be done this year (09)

give it 2 or 3 years I bet you will see security details, cameras, metal detectors, the whole shebang

as for home school... I dont think it would do you much good and it by far better to be out in the public and to be social

It's true that some schools have security, cameras, metal detectors and what not, but it's less then 1%. Give them a couple hundred more years, they'll learn. The gov/me/you/us/them are too busy spending our money on Wallstreet, LoL!!!!.... I love America, I meant the Soviet Union, I meant America, I meant the Soviet Union, you get the point.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:26 PM
The_Lost_Otter

http://primaveratech.org/
no i just need to talk them into it
[&o]
Old 09-27-2008, 01:44 AM
cumquat

i have no intention on going to collage. it would be a waste of money and time. i refuse to work in fast food. i am aming high, denny's!
Old 09-27-2008, 11:41 AM
calvino

here's the thing, we can be in "high school' and literally get our college AND high school classes DONE, this helps later on down the road, in our group you can take ALL the classes you want, unlike other schools which are only one or two classes max
Old 09-27-2008, 01:02 PM
madmax22

hmm.... my friend was home schooled for a year wile he was moving adn what not and hes still some what normal. He never was "normal" very skinny, dorky and what not also very weak but he still does just as good as he did in public/private, homeschool.... Poor kid still has about 5 friends.... I think i could be homeschooled, none of my friends live 45 min away+ so i pretty much never see them, classes suck, i have either gay kids of all girls in the class (fat, ugly ones PA's finest)... The teachers are OK my our schedules sucks.. 4 periods every day each one is about 1 1/2 hrs long and lets see you try to pay attention for 1 1/2 hrs of the teacher talking... I do OK in schol but i think you should push for home school/online school.... I race bicycles so i meet new people every race and most of my best friends i met from riding a bike... If you finish high school you will get a prety good life and do pretty well in life, a collage degree will mean a good job, do good in life.... What ever you do ATLEAST finish highschool or you WILL regret it... Good luck!
Old 09-27-2008, 05:25 PM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would never homeschool my daughter. Our schools are some of the best in the state and frankly, I'd like to see my tax dollars go to good use by educating my daughter. If my daughter didn't go to school, she would miss out on so much and the social interaction she gets is great for her personal devolpment. And she just flat out loves school.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:30 PM
cumquat

ORIGINAL: gravediggerracing

she would miss out on so much and the social interaction she gets is great for her personal devolpment. And she just flat out loves school.
socializing is over rated.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.