Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

THE LOUNGE 3...

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 12:10 PM
kaiser01

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: THE LOUNGE 3...

i have been very impressed with turnigy and hobbywing. i've never bought from hobby king, but i may pick upa cheap epo plane to mess around with.

people who bad mouth the chinese have either, not tried the product or are to proud to admit that it's just as good as their expensive name brand stuff.
Lunchboxer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When I see that, reminded me of this:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=RDRR

(for The Simpsons fans.. !)

And if you don't get it, that's okay.. it is calculus... nerdy.. LOL!

ORIGINAL: Eman77

I've found that if the soft case lipos don't fit in my battery tray, if I mold them into shape with a hammer it works well.

(har har!)
The Collector1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've found that if the soft case lipos don't fit in my battery tray, if I mold them into shape with a hammer it works well.

(har har!)

What????? [X(][&:]
Old 02-18-2011, 12:18 PM
Lunchboxer

NICE.. High Roller!!!

Sure is kind of expensive.. !!

ORIGINAL: The Collector1

Well I just ordered my 1st Avante. I dont know why Tower wont let me order more than one but its ok
Old 02-18-2011, 12:20 PM
Lunchboxer

I think American feel that way about Japanese car about 30 years ago as well.. ha!

I think Japanese ended up building pretty good and reliable cars..

ORIGINAL: kaiser01

i have been very impressed with turnigy and hobbywing. i've never bought from hobby king, but i may pick up a cheap epo plane to mess around with.

people who bad mouth the chinese have either, not tried the product or are to proud to admit that it's just as good as their expensive name brand stuff.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:28 PM
Eman77

Good one! RDRR

So....

I sold an old Atari game on ebay the other day. From the original console. Combat. Anyway, my listing said it was used, sold it for a measly $5 shipped (buy it now - been listed for a long time now). The guy who got it is complaining that the label on the end of the game is missing (which I neglected to mention, my fault).

So I apologized, but asked him to explain to me how this impacts him and his $5 purchase, and he says:
"This particular version featured a number with the name and makes it worth what you were asking for it. The end label read "01 combat". Without that it doesn't have much value so it is an important detail."

I don't get it. It functions. It was $5 shipped - not like it's a $50 collector's item. And this is a dude with 5000+ feedback, 99.7%. Yeesh.

I think I'll just have him ship it back to me and get the stinkin' game back. [&:]

ORIGINAL: Lunchboxer

When I see that, reminded me of this:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=RDRR

(for The Simpsons fans.. !)

And if you don't get it, that's okay.. it is calculus... nerdy.. LOL!

(har har!)

Old 02-18-2011, 12:37 PM
The Collector1
My Feedback: (2)

NICE.. High Roller!!!

Sure is kind of expensive.. !!

ORIGINAL: The Collector1

Well I just ordered my 1st Avante. I dont know why Tower wont let me order more than one but its ok

Not really, I was saving for that one. Normally I would debate on things that expensive but this one was simple.It was either the Avante or the 1/5 gasser at HK which I might get later on
Old 02-18-2011, 12:39 PM
Casper06

China manufactures tons of products we buy here in the US for US owned companies. For me my main concern is if a product is made in China by a Chinese owned company the QA process can fall to crap. Take HobbyWing for example I would not have been the guinea pig on that regardless of price. I'll order stuff from them now but that is after a few years proving themselves.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:40 PM
Lunchboxer

What an a-hole.. that's so retarded...

Like when I sold a F103R on eBay awhile ago.. and the guy did not buy insurance and he claimed that the box was pushed in a little bit (so a metal part protruded out of the box) Being a good guy, even though he didn't buy insurance, I said, open it up, let me know if any parts are damaged, then I will make you whole.. replace the part, etc.

He said, he doesn't want that, etc. (No reason given) So I said, so please send it back, and I will refund you the money. (It was sold at a good price..) Then he was like, he doesn't want that either, etc. And finally asked me for some $$$..

I didn't want to deal with him again, so I said, fine, and issued him $15 or something..

I'm sure the kit is fine.. and usually I pack stuff quite well.. I wonder if he just did it on purpose to try to get it for less.. I would never know..

I sold an old Atari game on ebay the other day. From the original console. Combat. Anyway, my listing said it was used, sold it for a measly $5 shipped (buy it now - been listed for a long time now). The guy who got it is complaining that the label on the end of the game is missing (which I neglected to mention, my fault).

So I apologized, but asked him to explain to me how this impacts him and his $5 purchase, and he says:
''This particular version featured a number with the name and makes it worth what you were asking for it. The end label read ''01 combat''. Without that it doesn't have much value so it is an important detail.''

I don't get it. It functions. It was $5 shipped - not like it's a $50 collector's item. And this is a dude with 5000+ feedback, 99.7%. Yeesh.

I think I'll just have him ship it back to me and get the stinkin' game back. [&:]
Old 02-18-2011, 12:41 PM
Casper06

Himmler Seriously you need to rejoin RCU with a new handle. That name is offensive and childish on your part.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:45 PM
kaiser01

I think American feel that way about Japanese car about 30 years ago as well.. ha!

I think Japanese ended up building pretty good and reliable cars..

i have been very impressed with turnigy and hobbywing. i've never bought from hobby king, but i may pick upa cheap epo plane to mess around with.

exactly.

look at the koreans, hyundai didn't start out great but look at them now, pretty nice cars.

but what ironic is these people say buy american, like novak actually manufactures thier stuff here. lol china is the only country producing the magnets all the bl motors use and they make all the stuff for the big names anyway.
i choose to buy from the source.

i collect miltary surplus rifles, want to know my personal favorite? chinese sks model d. best damn rifle i ever owned. sure i own american made rifles but thar chicom is awesome.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:54 PM
Eman77

Wow - LB, my guys sounds more legit than yours - at least it's a cheap item for me.

Oh well, I offered him a refund. I guess he's just a collector or something (even though it's like a $2.50 item). *shrug* Weird.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:54 PM
Lunchboxer

I will take them for free and test them!!

ORIGINAL: Casper06

China manufactures tons of products we buy here in the US for US owned companies. For me my main concern is if a product is made in China by a Chinese owned company the QA process can fall to crap. Take HobbyWing for example I would not have been the guinea pig on that regardless of price. I'll order stuff from them now but that is after a few years proving themselves.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:57 PM
kaiser01

Himmler Seriously you need to rejoin RCU with a new handle. That name is offensive and childish on your part.
+1, coming from a german.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:07 PM
Lunchboxer

LB (now): "Nah, I would never buy Korean cars..."

LB (in 10 years): "Ah, check out my new Hyundai Genesis 600! SWEET!"

exactly.

look at the koreans, hyundai didn't start out great but look at them now, pretty nice cars.

but what ironic is these people say buy american, like novak actually manufactures thier stuff here. lol china is the only country producing the magnets all the bl motors use and they make all the stuff for the big names anyway.
i choose to buy from the source.

i collect miltary surplus rifles, want to know my personal favorite? chinese sks model d. best damn rifle i ever owned. sure i own american made rifles but thar chicom is awesome.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:10 PM
Lunchboxer

Yeah, not sure why he would want to go through the trouble..

It is like, you buy something for $5 shipped.. you expect that you would win some, and lose some..

Wow - LB, my guys sounds more legit than yours - at least it's a cheap item for me.

Oh well, I offered him a refund. I guess he's just a collector or something (even though it's like a $2.50 item). *shrug* Weird.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:12 PM
cumquat

the elantra is a nice car for the $
Old 02-18-2011, 01:14 PM
Lunchboxer

I'm rocking my Avalon until the government said I can't!!

238.2k miles as of today...
Old 02-18-2011, 01:21 PM
Casper06

I will take them for free and test them!!

I would too!
Old 02-18-2011, 01:24 PM
Eman77

Took the Stadium Thunder out at lunch briefly with its Titan 12T motor in it. Ran nice and cool. I think I need a wheelie bar now though. [&:]
Old 02-18-2011, 01:32 PM
Lunchboxer

Sounds good, Eman..

Can't believe that I actually recommended a Traxxas product to someone.. (joke, I kid, I kid.. I run the 12T in my WW-2 myself..)
Old 02-18-2011, 02:14 PM
Eman77

The 12T 550 was a great idea, it didn't occur to me that I needed a beefier motor to handle the heavier tires and not overheat. Ruined my 19T 540 can that way. Oh well, it was pretty old.

Ran the 801xt briefly today too. I had the MMM esc dialed way down (very tame settings) to test. Handles it well. Time to turn it up a notch. I pulled a few wheelies even like that though, on 4s.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:25 PM
mobaddawg

Heh Heh i want a rc smart car.........LOL
Old 02-18-2011, 03:40 PM
FahrtAutoRC

+1, coming from a german.

Well then you are just simply not the same kind of German I am. Nobody is making you look at it, and since it is me, a part of who I am ina way and as much so a part of my life, I will not change it. Thank you for your opinion tho, feels good to be noticed

Edit: not to mention I could use the name....sayyy....... DasFuhrer and it would appear just as offensive, although the word fuhrer means the same as kaiser, which is "leader". It is only a name. I do not start anything with any of you nor do i say anything negative to any of you. I have seen each and every one of you say something that offends ME at one point or another but have bitten my tongue, why? Respect
Old 02-18-2011, 04:11 PM
The Hedgehog

Don't even think about talking about respect. It is immature and you know it (actually you probably have no freakin' clue). And your point about kaiser is damn laughable.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.