Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

THE LOUNGE 3...

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 04:23 PM
Casper06

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: THE LOUNGE 3...

AutoX the troll enjoys the attention let's not waste our time answering anymore of his posts. My suggestion to everyone in the Lounge is select the block option at the lower left hand side of his posts and write him off.

Now on to business as usual. Did you figure out a paint scheme for your 1/5th?
Old 02-18-2011, 04:23 PM
mobaddawg

Any Canadians here?
Old 02-18-2011, 04:33 PM
cumquat

ORIGINAL: HimmlerHimself

ORIGINAL: kaiser01

ORIGINAL: Casper06

Himmler Seriously you need to rejoin RCU with a new handle. That name is offensive and childish on your part.
+1, coming from a german.

Well then you are just simply not the same kind of German I am. Nobody is making you look at it, and since it is me, a part of who I am in a way and as much so a part of my life, I will not change it. Thank you for your opinion tho, feels good to be noticed [img][/img]

Edit: not to mention I could use the name....sayyy....... DasFuhrer and it would appear just as offensive, although the word fuhrer means the same as kaiser, which is ''leader''. It is only a name. I do not start anything with any of you nor do i say anything negative to any of you. I have seen each and every one of you say something that offends ME at one point or another but have bitten my tongue, why? Respect
i offended you? hmm...
Old 02-18-2011, 04:38 PM
FahrtAutoRC

Then ask yourself this: Who is more childish, the one using a name that means something to him or the ones attacking said person over the name, especially without knowing the history or reasoning or really ANYTHING else about it? And laughable how? Do some research, the words themselves mean the same thing. Yet if I was to use the name with Fuhrer in it everybody would jump on the bandwagon of hating on me for that as well with absolutely zero thought as to the definition or anything else pertaining to it. For all you know you could just be sitting here insulting a WWII nut who focused most of his personal studies on the German side of things.

Himmler himself was one of the few German officers who had a heart in the end (whether he had it all along or just grew one, it is debatable). He took part in the coup to assasinate Adolf Hitler, and once Hitler's regime had begun to fade and Hitler had begun to lose power Himmler stepped up and offered peace negotiations between himself and America, gave apologies and made every attempt to make what amends he could. He was an officer, NOT a leader and 99% of the time he was under direct orders from someone who, at that time, was the most dangerous man alive. Himmler's offers of peace and amnesty were rejected and he was labeled as the monster he was told to act as. I identify with that. I spent most of my adolescent and early-adult life in and out of jail, court all the time and constantly under th threat of prison sentences measuring in years. To put it simply, I was a very bad guy with a verygood lawyer. I have felonies on my record as well as a list of misdemeanors almost as long as I am tall. And those were just the ones I couldnt "get awaywith". Since then i have done a lot of soul searching and "growing up". I am enrolled in a State collegefor Robotics Engineeringand have worked the same menial job for quite some time now just to get enough of a paper work record to find something better. In fact i just had my first interview in YEARS for a full time job yesterday, I'll know the result in one week. To this day because of the man I used to be nobody will give the benifit of the doubt or believe that changes may well have been made.

I am an incredibly intelligent man with an incredibly rough past who is making my own personal amends and trying to do what I can to fix the past and make a decent future for me, my fiancee and someday whatever children we may raise. Nobody believes that. They see the monster i was and shun me. THAT is why I identify with the man who's name I have chosen on here.

In closing, I DO find it pretty humorous how many people see something so simple as a name and jump before any other thought is put into it. I do NOT appreciate that very action which I laugh at, however, because it clearly shows how unintelligible and unevolved some people can be, and that offends me as much as the sight of this name would offend you. If you have a problem with it even after reading the reasoning, then I don't know what to tell you. Don't look at it, don't pay attention to it, block it, whatever you may choose to do. And if you find you do not believe my story about the man whom my name belongs to, do your research. History can be as fun as RC if you have the right mindset!
Old 02-18-2011, 04:45 PM
FahrtAutoRC

Lol no Cumquat you are just fine my friend, you were very nice to me before my name change and have not said anything to demean me now that it is the name it is now. By the way, if you read and understand my reasoning behind this name, I think it is a fair amount more grown up than "cerealkilla" with a rearranged 420 after it IE cerealkilla024, my last name I used

ORIGINAL: cumquat

ORIGINAL: kaiser01

ORIGINAL: Casper06

Himmler Seriously you need to rejoin RCU with a new handle. That name is offensive and childish on your part.
+1, coming from a german.

Well then you are just simply not the same kind of German I am. Nobody is making you look at it, and since it is me, a part of who I am ina way and as much so a part of my life, I will not change it. Thank you for your opinion tho, feels good to be noticed [img][/img]

Edit: not to mention I could use the name....sayyy....... DasFuhrer and it would appear just as offensive, although the word fuhrer means the same as kaiser, which is ''leader''. It is only a name. I do not start anything with any of you nor do i say anything negative to any of you. I have seen each and every one of you say something that offends ME at one point or another but have bitten my tongue, why? Respect
i offended you? hmm...
Old 02-18-2011, 04:48 PM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: mobaddawg

Any Canadians here?
Right here bro.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:58 PM
cumquat

that sucks... all this talk of German heritage made me google my last name as i know it is derived from German. my last name is strasser... and you thought himmler was bad...
Old 02-18-2011, 05:01 PM
mobaddawg

Thank you red! I'm not alone then Im canadian and proud of it!
Old 02-18-2011, 05:06 PM
redfisher1974

Where are you from?
Old 02-18-2011, 05:09 PM
FahrtAutoRC

Haha my last name is in fact VERY German but due to privacy I will not give it out (tehre are very few families in America with the same last name as I). At least ONE person here is looking at the man instead of the name, thanks Cumquat

ORIGINAL: cumquat

that sucks... all this talk of German heritage made me google my last name as i know it is derived from German. my last name is strasser... and you thought himmler was bad...
Old 02-18-2011, 05:19 PM
mobaddawg

I'm actually from Missouri but my grandma,father,and aunt are from Qubec.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:21 PM
redfisher1974

Thats cool, I have been there once to go fishing.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:24 PM
redfisher1974

50 kph winds tonight...
Old 02-18-2011, 05:26 PM
mobaddawg

Cool, I have a friend thats from Wyoming and he says its plenty cold up there so i'm pretty sure it's cold up canada right now.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:36 PM
redfisher1974

strange thing this week we had a couple feet of snow and it was cold then in the last two days the temp has gone up alot and all the snow melted and its windy as all get out...
Old 02-18-2011, 05:41 PM
mobaddawg

How warm did it get? It got up around 75f here. We had about 2-3 feet of snow but its all melted now. There was about 22mph winds yesterday and 16mph the day before.Today it was calm so i got to go out and fly.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:43 PM
redfisher1974

10c here today. Whats that like 50f
Old 02-18-2011, 05:47 PM
mobaddawg

UHHHH...ya i think so i'm not very good with the metric system. But it was about 60 here.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:14 PM
FahrtAutoRC

I am not that familiar with the metric system either but here it has been a balmy 58*F, although tonight it drops back to 26 [&:]

I hate Ohio lol I cant wait till we both get out of college and make our move down South, Florida, Texas or Califrnia here we come!!!
Old 02-18-2011, 06:39 PM
Eman77

ORIGINAL: mobaddawg

Thank you red! I'm not alone then Im canadian and proud of it!
My mom is Canadian (moved to the states in middle school). I respect the maple leaf.

Father's side was.....(insert drama due to impeccable timing here)....German!

2 good beer countries. Gotta like that.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:42 PM
Eman77

I hate Ohio lol I cant wait till we both get out of college and make our move down South, Florida, Texas or Califrnia here we come!!!
Evidently I've got a bit in common with a few of you guys. Grew up in a suburb of Dayton, OH. Ohio's not that bad. Don't think I could take Florida or Texas summers. Not a big fan of the heat. [:@]
Old 02-18-2011, 07:23 PM
FahrtAutoRC

Eh the heats not too bad once you can get used to it, just like you can get used t the cold. Hell it was 55 degrees out at work this morning and i was in a t-shirt. If it gets to 55 in the fall, we break out the coats, ya know? I was born in San Antonio but when I was less than a year old mom moved us up here to Ohio. I just want to get away from the winter salt and grime, really. That and the fact that even people that lived here 20 years drive like its their first time as soon as the first snow flake goes. I hate it lol

ORIGINAL: Eman77

Evidently I've got a bit in common with a few of you guys. Grew up in a suburb of Dayton, OH. Ohio's not that bad. Don't think I could take Florida or Texas summers. Not a big fan of the heat. [:@]
Old 02-18-2011, 08:02 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

I am not that familiar with the metric system either but here it has been a balmy 58*F, although tonight it drops back to 26 [&:]

Lol! Its snowing as I type.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:39 PM
secretsg

ORIGINAL: AutoXMan

I guess I'll bring my 2wd buggy and my cheater slash racer.
Are you gonna use Egyptian Hypnosis in the SC class? [X(]
Old 02-18-2011, 08:41 PM
mobaddawg

Great...more snow...but in california?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.