Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Go karts/dune buggies

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 11:22 AM
JB COMP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Go karts/dune buggies

Anyone have any? Anyone use a street bike engine (600cc - 13000cc) to powers their kart or dune buggy?

I found a 99 ZX6 engine and go kart frame fairly cheap I'm looking at getting. [>:]

Please post pictures of your karts or buggies.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:41 AM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Go karts/dune buggies

There's mine, haven't driven it this year though

Old 04-07-2009, 12:07 PM
JB COMP

ORIGINAL: sheograth

There's mine, haven't driven it this year though

That must be fun to drive. Does it have a V8 in it?
Old 04-07-2009, 01:21 PM
dar123

sheo, are you like a zillionaire????[&:]
Old 04-07-2009, 03:49 PM
sheograth

Yeah it's a modified LS1, does around 600HP. I haven't dyno'd it since I bought it but the previous owner and builder had paperwork that stated that - and I can believe it after driving it a few times. It's rather overpowered for it's weight.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:00 PM
JB COMP

ORIGINAL: sheograth

Yeah it's a modified LS1, does around 600HP. I haven't dyno'd it since I bought it but the previous owner and builder had paperwork that stated that - and I can believe it after driving it a few times. It's rather overpowered for it's weight.
It only weights like 3,000lbs right?

Old 04-07-2009, 04:11 PM
Krazy Chicken

my go-kart, its only got a 250cc in it, but when it is gone, we're going to get a rhino engine and put in it. right now it sucks in sand, only moves about 5 mph in the sand because of no traction
Old 04-07-2009, 04:20 PM
JB COMP

ORIGINAL: Stampede Killer

my go-kart, its only got a 250cc in it, but when it is gone, we're going to get a rhino engine and put in it. right now it sucks in sand, only moves about 5 mph in the sand because of no traction
I'm hoping to find something like what you have to drop a street bike engine in. Drop the tire pressure down when you drive in the sand and try not to cut the wheel alot.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:33 PM
hands without shadows

[link=http://london.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-ATVs-snowmobiles-dune-buggy-with-600-cc-ninja-engine-500-OBO-W0QQAdIdZ118899295]This[/link] has been tempting me since lunch.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:39 PM
So Cal

This is mine and my dads. Has a 245hp honda 3.0 v6 with a biult 6 rib bus trans.18inches of travel in the front and 20out back with king dual rate coilovers.

Old 04-07-2009, 05:42 PM
Krazy Chicken

ORIGINAL: JB COMP

I'm hoping to find something like what you have to drop a street bike engine in. Drop the tire pressure down when you drive in the sand and try not to cut the wheel alot.
yeah but then when you hit the rocky stuff you risk damaging rims, we live by a riverbed and drive down into it and then get to the desert terrain. this doesn't fit in the bed of a truck, you have to get an extra wide trailer
Old 04-07-2009, 06:12 PM
JB COMP

yeah but then when you hit the rocky stuff you risk damaging rims, we live by a riverbed and drive down into it and then get to the desert terrain. this doesn't fit in the bed of a truck, you have to get an extra wide trailer
You could get an air pump and a 12v battery to carry with you so you drop them down when you need it, and pump them back up. Also just dropping the tires from 18-15 PSI down to 11-9 PSI should help out a lot.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:15 PM
Krazy Chicken

You could get an air pump and a 12v battery to carry with you so you drop them down when you need it, and pump them back up. Also just dropping the tires from 18-15 PSI down to 11-9 PSI should help out a lot.
lol their actually at 25psi, because thats what the side of the tire says. their 25 inch tall tires, taller then stock rhino tires
Old 04-07-2009, 07:57 PM
DarkFire989

So Cal. That thing is dirty! Is that thing handbuilt or bought?
Old 04-07-2009, 08:20 PM
JB COMP

lol their actually at 25psi, because thats what the side of the tire says. their 25 inch tall tires, taller then stock rhino tires
Wow never would thought they where run at 25psi. I'm used to dirt bike tires being 8-15psi and also airing down truck tires to 20-15psi.

25" tires are a good size, I'm hoping to run 25' tires on mine (when ever I get one)
Old 04-07-2009, 08:26 PM
Krazy Chicken

Wow never would thought they where run at 25psi. I'm used to dirt bike tires being 8-15psi and also airing down truck tires to 20-15psi.

25" tires are a good size, I'm hoping to run 25' tires on mine (when ever I get one)
lol i was wrong, its 25 for setting the bead, were running about 12psi
Old 04-07-2009, 10:13 PM
So Cal

ORIGINAL: DarkFire989

So Cal. That thing is dirty! Is that thing handbuilt or bought?
We bught it from a guy that bought the frame and a-arms from Savage sandcars. Then he bought everything else and put it together. But he had no clue what he was doing and jacked a bunch of stuff up. We had to go through the WHOLE car after we went out for the first trip. And before that car we had a single seat mini rail from Drakart with a Geo Metro 993cc 3cyl engine with a snowmobile clutch, it pushed 18 inches of travel all the way around.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:20 PM
500 lb. koolaid man

Sheesh all the pictures make my go karts look pathetic!!!

I don't have a picture of this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C5M_8WsCh4 (smaller but 10X more fun)

The other

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_bbvsmahR0

I've also got a minibike
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_kYW0rrx4Y

Old 04-08-2009, 10:29 AM
JB COMP

ORIGINAL: 500 lb. koolaid man

Sheesh all the pictures make my go karts look pathetic!!!

I don't have a picture of this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C5M_8WsCh4 (smaller but 10X more fun)

The other

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_bbvsmahR0

I've also got a minibike
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_kYW0rrx4Y

What size tires are on both of those karts?
Old 04-08-2009, 10:40 AM
fatphatboy88

yall are running some serious psi in those tires! both of my 4 wheelers run at NO MORE than 8 psi. most of the time I run them around 3psi on the 4x4 and about 6psi on the sport quad.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:48 AM
JB COMP

ORIGINAL: fatphatboy88

yall are running some serious psi in those tires! both of my 4 wheelers run at NO MORE than 8 psi. most of the time I run them around 3psi on the 4x4 and about 6psi on the sport quad.

[X(] How to the tires stay on the rims? Are you sure your gauge is reading right? On the bikes (mainly 450's) tires set at 10psi or less have a big chance of the rim spinning in the tire and cutting the stem off. (unless you run 2 rim locks)
Old 04-08-2009, 12:32 PM
J.D.T

it really depends on the tire, six ply tires can be run at alot less pressure than the 2 and 4 ply
Old 04-08-2009, 03:55 PM
hands without shadows

[X(] How to the tires stay on the rims? Are you sure your gauge is reading right? On the bikes (mainly 450's) tires set at 10psi or less have a big chance of the rim spinning in the tire and cutting the stem off. (unless you run 2 rim locks)
ATV tires have a massive bead and no inner tubes. I've run rear wheels down to 3 psi on my quad with no beadlocks and no slipping and its a 450. Removing them usually takes a purpose built bead breaker or a pick up truck and 2x4.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:00 PM
JB COMP

ORIGINAL: hands without shadows

ATV tires have a massive bead and no inner tubes. I've run rear wheels down to 3 psi on my quad with no beadlocks and no slipping and its a 450.
Wow. I wouldn't of thought ATV tires and dirt bike tires would be that different. (in air pressure)
Old 04-11-2009, 08:20 PM
Xtfreak

Are you sure you're not thinking of "5 bar"? or "8 bar"? thats metric of PSI.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.