Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

What is your profession?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 01:23 PM
Snowbandit16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is your profession?

Full time student studying mechanical engineering, but when I am not at school I work on a ranch. Most recently though land scaping/minor construction.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:18 PM
rcgoodtimes
My Feedback: (5)

Prototype CNC machinist , also in the aerospace industry building gages , However work is slow right now for aerospace but the strong survive. I still am employed and I still spend everything I make , No regrets if I die tomorrow I had a blast ...
Old 09-12-2009, 06:24 PM
iexion

ORIGINAL: rcgoodtimes

Prototype CNC machinist , also in the aerospace industry building gages , However work is slow right now for aerospace but the strong survive. I still am employed and I still spend everything I make , No regrets if I die tomorrow I had a blast ...
Not too many people can live by that. But its a better outlook on life then most[sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 09-12-2009, 06:32 PM
flytheedge
My Feedback: (84)

I'm an Infantryman in the Army. Been serving for 5 years with the 101st Airborne.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:00 PM
NickC5FE
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

C-5 Galaxy Flight Engineer in the Air Force....Active for 11 years, retiring in 8.5!
Old 09-13-2009, 12:58 AM
funkymeter2003

An occupational therapist and playing in a working band (which supports the RC hobby)......
Old 09-13-2009, 09:46 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Factory rat in a big paper company currently doing material handling work which means that I get to drive all of the cool toys down there. Ever wheelstand a 27,000# forklift?
Old 09-13-2009, 11:18 AM
black talon
My Feedback: (5)

closest i've come to it is two wheels on a corner.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:05 PM
SLAYERDUDE

I watched my old boss do a stoppie and drop $100,000 worth of alum rolls.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:15 AM
Ron Olson

Now I know why he's your old boss!
When I'm hauling around expensive stuff, I drive really carefully. Probably the most expensive piece that I've moved was around $1,000,000. That's easy to do when we've got a $100,000,000 paper machine sitting there and $6,000,000 printing presses.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:38 PM
Steve.

I repaired high volume digital printers and copiers for 17 years, for the past few years I've been repairing medical instruments.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:04 AM
SLAYERDUDE

ORIGINAL: Ron Olson

Now I know why he's your old boss!
When I'm hauling around expensive stuff, I drive really carefully. Probably the most expensive piece that I've moved was around $1,000,000. That's easy to do when we've got a $100,000,000 paper machine sitting there and $6,000,000 printing presses.
LOL This happened to be at a printing factory...
He was the owners kid so he didn't get canned, I worked there about 10+ years ago.
It was foil for making the lids for juice and fruit cups you get at hotels and on airplanes.
We also did coffee dairy creamer lidding for restaurants.
He would come back from lunch all sauced up on Grand Marnier and take over the forks (which wasn't his job) and usually screw something up.[sm=lol.gif]
I saw him drive with the forks all the way up with no load and take out a heating unit and all kinds of crap...
Spoiled brat!

Hire the handicapped... They're fun to watch!
Old 09-22-2009, 12:24 AM
Ron Olson

The only foil that we have to deal with is that we make the Pringle's can material before it goes to the printer and final processes. We're the only company that seems to be able to run it and I can't blame the others as it's a real pain in the butt to laminate. The funny thing is what you see is the dull side as the mirror-like finish is on the other side.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:42 PM
IFR Pilot

Have you got the hold on with C# Express? I heard pro's have worked with C# for 10 years and only adventured 5% of the program.
ORIGINAL: samguan

I'm a computer guy...mostly, my job involves software design and development. Used to love computer programming, not anymore once I started working.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:13 PM
samguan

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Moms Mistake

Have you got the hold on with C# Express? I heard pro's have worked with C# for 10 years and only adventured 5% of the program.

I'm a computer guy...mostly, my job involves software design and development. Used to love computer programming, not anymore once I started working.
Actually, I'm working with C# and Java most of the time. C# is a very good programming language to learn because the syntax is very clean. Usually if you've worked with a programming language for 10 years, you can call yourself an expert. It is like a real language, you can not master everything. In the real world, developers use books/internet all the time to look up information. You can not remember everything. The 10 years, 5% thing, I believe you are talking about C++. It takes longer time and practice to be good at C++. But 10 years of experience in C++, you should definitely get more than 5% out of it otherwise, you should be looking for another job.

Learning computer programming is not hard at all. However, you do have to know the basics. To be good at C#, Java or C++. You MUST MUST MUST understand the concept of Object Oriented Programming. If you don't, you can master the language but not be able to design software properly. Once you understand that, you are there! You can call yourself a programmer. You can pick up any Object Oriented Programming languages in matter of days.

Old 09-22-2009, 09:42 PM
Lightfoot

I started programming in September, 1981. Started 'C' programming in 1990 and then really started to learn. I worked on a UNIX system for years then started Visual C++ in 1997. I loved programming and would still like to do a little so I don't forget it.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:21 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: Extra_230-RCU

I'm an Infantryman in the Army. Been serving for 5 years with the 101st Airborne.
11 bang bang!

I too was in the service, but I was 19K; I was absolutely stoked to be in armor. To this day I actually miss it and seeing shows on TV about the modern Army and tankers bring back memories.

The only thing I dont miss is the constant cycling out for overseas deployment.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:46 PM
DarkFire989

ORIGINAL: Lightfoot

I started programming in September, 1981. Started 'C' programming in 1990 and then really started to learn. I worked on a UNIX system for years then started Visual C++ in 1997. I loved programming and would still like to do a little so I don't forget it.
Thats what I do at school right now! Im a IT major but Im taking programming classes, right now I working with Java.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:09 PM
IFR Pilot

I started with C# recently and found it very intresting and also not my cup of coffee. I'm now trying to get into the Army Reserve. Going to Afghanistan would be a dream come true for me and hoping ithappens.

Actually, I'm working with C# and Java most of the time. C# is a very good programming language to learn because the syntax is very clean. Usually if you've worked with a programming language for 10 years, you can call yourself an expert. It is like a real language, you can not master everything. In the real world, developers use books/internet all the time to look up information. You can not remember everything. The 10 years, 5% thing, I believe you are talking about C++. It takes longer time and practice to be good at C++. But 10 years of experience in C++, you should definitely get more than 5% out of it otherwise, you should be looking for another job.

Learning computer programming is not hard at all. However, you do have to know the basics. To be good at C#, Java or C++. You MUST MUST MUST understand the concept of Object Oriented Programming. If you don't, you can master the language but not be able to design software properly. Once you understand that, you are there! You can call yourself a programmer. You can pick up any Object Oriented Programming languages in matter of days.

Old 09-25-2009, 01:42 AM
REVO_RACER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OOP is amazing..Thats mainly the one thing I love to do....

As for what I do..Im a Student and work for my City's Parks and Rec Department