Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

i need opinion on how stupid this is!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 01:12 AM
awayjunk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i need opinion on how stupid this is!!

i have a 10 year old brother who wanted to drag race me. i have a traxxas rustler and my bro has the stampede both bone stock!! so we are racing down the street i beat him. next thing you know my battery goes dead and i ask my bro if i can do just 1 quick speed run with his battery. He lets me use it.so he give it to me i put it in my car and i carry it up the street.And my car has an issue with the servo it wont hold its adjustment so i going down the street full speed my car all of the sudden start to go slowly off to one side.so i adjusted it so it goes straight.[AND as soon as the car was going perfect BOOM!! RIGHTINTOHISCAR! HISCARWASPREETYMuch in the middle of the street. his controller goes flyingand the batteries come out and he just starts cryin. he runs inside tells on me and i get grounded.and i couldnt see his car becasue it was dark out. who thinks my were wrong by grounding me because of this!!!
Old 07-06-2010, 07:08 AM
DaveG55

Default RE: i need opinion on how stupid this is!!

Your brother was dumb for leaving his stuff in the middle of the street.

BUT

If it was too dark to see things and you were doing a speed run then you were dumber, LOTS dumber!!!!

Be glad all that got hurt was an rc car, quit your whining and take whatever punishment your parents decide on.
If you were my kid you'ld not only be grounded, you'ld be off the internet and paying to fix your brothers car.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:43 AM
warheadforever

ORIGINAL: DaveG55

Your brother was dumb for leaving his stuff in the middle of the street.

BUT

If it was too dark to see things and you were doing a speed run then you were dumber, LOTS dumber!!!!

Be glad all that got hurt was an rc car, quit your whining and take whatever punishment your parents decide on.
If you were my kid you'ld not only be grounded, you'ld be off the internet and paying to fix your brothers car.
Agreed Never run your cars in the dark.

Man, if I did something like that ohh boy.............. I would more then likely not be on the computer for a long, long time and I would be paying for his broken stuff to.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:22 PM
jatoracing33

Don't run your cars in the dark. After all, you could've ended up hitting your brother instead, and that would've been much worse.

Anyways, this is about the only advantage of being the youngest. And not having a brother all together.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:11 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

last time i drove a car in the dark, i cracked the chassis in half[sm=thumbs_up.gif]. but then again, it was just a $35 bolink kit.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:33 PM
ELK

this is point less just take your punishment and get over it, it was your fault for running your truck in the dark.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:54 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, being grounded over an RC car accident does seem a bit stupid - but so is driving blind. As others have mentioned, you're lucky only cars got bashed up.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:10 AM
awayjunk

car was fine nothing broke at all!!!
Old 07-07-2010, 07:33 AM
DaveG55

ORIGINAL: awayjunk

car was fine nothing broke at all!!!
That is totally beside the point!
You were acting irresponsibly by driving the r/c at high speeds in conditions where you could not adiquatly see to properly control it. The fact that the car was undamaged only means that you got a bit lucky.
While your little brother probably over reacted by tatteling you are equally over reacting by posting a rant/tantrum about your punishment on an open forum.
IMHO, you should take this opportunity to demonstrate a measure of maturity and take your punishment with some dignity and learn a lesson or two from the whole thing.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:23 PM
suburban_hooligan

Received 63 Likes on 59 Posts

this is why kids should not have hobby grade RC's. they lack the common sense andmaturityto handle them
Old 07-07-2010, 01:58 PM
warheadforever

ORIGINAL: suburban_hooligan

this is why kids should not have hobby grade RC's. they lack the common sense and maturity to handle them
Actually I disagree, I got my fist car when I was 7, but my dad made sure I kept all the rules and tough me how to respect it.
So really while yes, He did do something stupid, his parents should have stopped him from going out in the first place and laid down the rules as said "no it is to dark out."
Old 07-07-2010, 04:19 PM
DaveG55

this is why kids should not have hobby grade RC's. they lack the common sense and maturity to handle them
Yeah, I disagree also. I got my first nitro powered airplane at 10 y/o and while I cannot say I never did anything stupid I did learn from my mistakes.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:10 PM
awayjunk

......um thats why its an off topic fourm.And it was the only nice time to race them becasue it was 115 degrees by like 2:00 in the afternoon.And i dont consider that immuture it was stupid. But i like to race my cars at least one time every day.But im just saying so you can see where im coming from.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:14 PM
awayjunk

dude....... come on im 16 years old i have a t-maxx 3.3, t-maxx 2.5r, stampede, and rustler xl-5. an immuture kid wouldnt be able to by these with his or her own money
Old 07-07-2010, 06:28 PM
warheadforever

Don't take this the wrong way, but coherent speech and proper punctuation would help your case greatly.

Dude, come on I am 16 years old and I have a T-Maxx 3.3 a T-Maxx 2.5R, a Stampede, and a Rustler XL-5. A immature kid would not be able to by all these R/C cars with their own money. [img][/img]
Old 07-07-2010, 07:15 PM
jatoracing33

dude....... come on im 16 years old i have a t-maxx 3.3, t-maxx 2.5r, stampede, and rustler xl-5. an immuture kid wouldnt be able to by these with his or her own money[img][/img]
Money doesn't make you mature. Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton are living examples of that.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:06 PM
-SomeGuy-

ORIGINAL: jatoracing33

dude....... come on im 16 years old i have a t-maxx 3.3, t-maxx 2.5r, stampede, and rustler xl-5. an immuture kid wouldnt be able to by these with his or her own money[img][/img]
Money doesn't make you mature. Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton are living examples of that.
lol, quote of the day award!
Old 07-07-2010, 10:54 PM
jd31

i might just make that my signature lol
Old 07-08-2010, 12:31 AM
awayjunk

well when it was over 115degrees outside all day. what im i supposed to do when i want to race my car.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:32 AM
awayjunk

Old 07-08-2010, 07:26 AM
warheadforever

Well when it was over 115 degrees outside all day, what am I supposed to do when I want to run my car.
Why don't you understand this, if you want to run you car and it is 115 degrees out, then go stand out the 115 degree heat, or don't run at all. Just wait for another day. The ability to wait is key in the R/C world, nothing happens really fast. (except for the speed of the cars LOL)

P.S. I also fixed all of the missed punctuation.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:27 AM
warheadforever

Hit the nail on the head man!
Old 07-08-2010, 10:38 AM
The_Shark

duuude, thats funny. immature people buy traxxas (i have proof to back that up).

the more money i make, the less i spend (who needs a pair of matching socks anyway?) thats the definition of being mature.. or a tightwad.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:37 PM
suburban_hooligan

Received 63 Likes on 59 Posts

you sound like me . Scrooge McDuck is my financial hero. damn, now i want to watch ducktales

Old 07-08-2010, 09:28 PM
The_Shark

you sound like me [img][/img]. Scrooge McDuck is my financial hero. damn, now i want to watch ducktales

i have it on laser-disk i grew up on that show.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.