Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Planes/Helis Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for airplanes and heli crowd. Car or truck fans have their own in car section.

Ebay Dispute Advice Needed

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 08:56 PM
jetpack
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ebay Dispute Advice Needed

I bought a Cox TD 15 Mk II, thats the one with the gold case - used.

The picture was fuzzy, I emailed the seller before bidding, asked if there was any damage such as wrench marks or plier marks done to the motor. His reply was a small nick near the mounting hole.

I get the motor, and the engine was chewed pretty much top to bottom with deep plier marks.

I emailed the seller asking for arrangements for a return.

Seller stated it was sold As-is. It did not state that in the "Sellers Payment and Return Policy" section of the listing. - instead it was typed as a 'last breath' note near the bottom of the page....It was not in the context format of the listing...when I clicked the ebay feature that jumps to the return policy it was not shown in that paragraph.

I went to the dispute counsel at PayPal, now they want me to get an appraisal on it from an authorized dealer, ect. proving what I had already explained.

Where would I go to do this? This motor is long out of production and is a 'one of a kind' type item?

I thought my pictures that I supplied and the discrepancy in the listing would be enough to prove it...I guess I think wrong.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 02-05-2006, 08:48 PM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Ebay Dispute Advice Needed

Cut your losses and quit using ebay and paypal.

They both suck *****.
Old 04-11-2006, 11:07 AM
Cyberwolf
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Take a pic of it so we can see for ourselves what the damage is .I'm sure your LHS would be willing to give you a letter of some sort stating what condition the engine is in.
Old 04-13-2006, 07:51 AM
icrashbipes
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you play with fire, occationally youre gonna get burned.