Community
Search
Notices
OMP - Ohio Model Products Support Forum Discuss products and get support from OMP. This forum is operated by the owners of OMP and your support questions or complaints will be handled as OMP deems appropriate.

Blender Questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 09:54 PM
cougar347

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blender Questions

I have been unsuccessful in getting my 47" Edge 540P to perform blenders. Just can't get it into a good inverted flat spin. Can someone help me out and give me their setup for doing this? Specifically, where is your CG and how much throw are you using on your control surfaces? Am I correct in assuming that I should be doing them in high rates? My iniital thoughts are that I don't have the CG far enough aft, but it's at the point where I'm most comfortable. If I have to move it further aft to get good blenders, then I'll do it and learn to fly it that way.

Thanks

Vince
Old 08-31-2004, 02:03 AM
Spacey

Default RE: Blender Questions

Can you get it to do a flat spin well without the whole prior rolling downwards ect? Check the inputs you are giving when it is locked into the spin. And then tranfer all of that back to the blender. It could very well be that you are giving too much input when trying to do the blender and that makes it flop out.
Old 09-07-2004, 03:58 PM
PencilShavings

ive had mine in some pretty violent blenders, the worst was still at no throttle, but i let it roll about 6 times before i jammed the sticks

anyway i havent changed my cg since i built it, on both level and inverted flight (about 1/3 to 1/2 throttle..relaxed cruising) i dont put any elevator input in to keep it level

i havent measured my throws, but id guess about 35 to 40 degrees up elevator, and 40 degrees right rudder, my ailerons have crappy servo arms right now and i only get 30 tops on those, but i still dont give it full right aileron in the flat spin...my plane will spin on the inboard wing in a normal flat spin, and i havent ever seen it that tight inverted, ill try and see how tight i can get it next time i fly

spacey is right..will your plane do a normal flat spin(upright or inverted for that matter)?

maybe try to not give it full aileron during the spin if you are? i know mine will pop out if i give it too much
Old 09-08-2004, 07:04 AM
AFSalmon
My Feedback: (3)

All great advice above. The Edge will definately do awesome blenders and you can do them even at full speed for extra violence. My friend Toby invented this and it's called the pile driver for obvious reasons. Make sure your airframe is REALLY strong before trying this though. I had an aileron linkage break during one of these so you know it's pretty extreme aero pressures.

Bottomline though is yes it's high rates and first make sure you can flat spin both ways before trying the blender. CG should be set so the plane flys neutral both upright and inverted.