Community
Search
Notices
OMP - Ohio Model Products Support Forum Discuss products and get support from OMP. This forum is operated by the owners of OMP and your support questions or complaints will be handled as OMP deems appropriate.

CG RANGE FOR KATANA ARF???

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2004, 11:23 AM
FentonFlyer
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CG RANGE FOR KATANA ARF???

Hi All,

I was wondering how tail heavy I can go with this plane to start. I havent mounted the engine(saito 72) yet but without putting it as far forward as possible(which looks silly) I can only get about 120 mm from the l.e. I've heard of people going to 110 but nothing more. I'm using an Electron receiver and a 6v 720ma nmh pack which is all the way forward so that isnt helping much. Should I strap on a bunch of weight for the first flight and slowly remove it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

FentonFlyer
Old 09-14-2004, 11:59 AM
FentonFlyer
My Feedback: (11)

Default RE: CG RANGE FOR KATANA ARF???

btw this is the omp profile Katana I'm referring to.
Old 09-14-2004, 01:52 PM
AFSalmon
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: CG RANGE FOR KATANA ARF???

Begin by balancing according to plans. With most profiles and the large wing area, you can get away with a fairly large range of cg. Fly the model and trim wings level upright. Roll inverted and check balance. Model should fly still wings nuetral or drop slightly.