Community
Search
Notices
OMP - Ohio Model Products Support Forum Discuss products and get support from OMP. This forum is operated by the owners of OMP and your support questions or complaints will be handled as OMP deems appropriate.

Help Me Retrain My 52" Fusion

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 01:41 AM
KidVermin
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Me Retrain My 52" Fusion

I'm the 7th or 8th owner of a beautifully built and maintained Fusion 52 kit, but it will not track in a straight level flight at any speed. Maybe this is why it's been an ugly orphan so many times. The first flight was with a 15 to 20 mph breeze, so I put the blame on that. With 15 or more flights in dead calm (for Kansas) to a little breezy, I've tried to trim going upwind and downwind several times. Going in either wind direction, I'll try to correct a shallow climb or dive and then it goes the other direction. There is no prolonged level flight. I am NOT a fixed wing helicopter pilot, so I'd like for it to cooperate with my pattern / IMAC style of flight. Inverted, it requires a little down stick, so it's not that tail heavy. It will knife edge without too much cupping and does the best edge loop. I'm using a TT Pro 46 that happened to match 4 of the several holes in the mount with no up or down pitch. The plane is built true and square with the world, but I don't own a meter to check the incidence. It doesn't look out of alignment at all. Please help me Mr. Salmon with any fix you might have run into before.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33676.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	169.3 KB
ID:	1291215  
Old 10-09-2009, 06:22 AM
beachbrada
My Feedback: (17)

Default RE: Help Me Retrain My 52

Make sure your engine isn't pointed up or down, it should be exactly centered on the engine rails. If not you will have a up or down thrust.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:33 AM
ThumbSkull
My Feedback: (57)

Sounds like a tooth missing on the elevator servo or a loose control horn on the elevator.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:31 AM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

If it hasn't been crashed several times(like mine) and the fuse has nothing broken in it. Then it should be in one of the two areas mentioned above.

David
Old 10-09-2009, 10:58 AM
KidVermin

A couple of previous owners mentioned they had the same problem and using different flight packs each time. The elevator is tight and servo is new with metal gears. As stated earlier, the engine is mounted in line with the fuse. not being tilted up or down. Thanks for your input.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:42 AM
AFSalmon

Still sounds like some kind of control linkage or servo looseness or lack of radio accuracy. The Fusions all track way better than the standard short coupled funflys and that is what they are known for. Much better for combining pattern and 3D than the funflys are. Make sure you have good servos, linkage geometry is correct with no adverse angles, and your radio is setup properly for maximum resolution. If your plane is tail heavy then that is another cause of adverse pitch sensitivity.

Old 10-09-2009, 11:51 AM
ThumbSkull
My Feedback: (57)

Does it have loose hinges? Too much space between the elevator and horizontal stabilizer will cause that symptom with CA hinges.
Old 10-09-2009, 04:54 PM
KidVermin

Thanks, I'll switch sides with the rudder to see if it might be a defective servo in flight. Next week is supposed to be breezeless and a good time for retesting.