Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Recommended Servo for GWS 4FU & P51 Planes

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Recommended Servo for GWS 4FU & P51 Planes

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 09:52 AM
Allan Aguilar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommended Servo for GWS 4FU & P51 Planes

I am considering buying a GWS Warbird namely the Corsair, Messershmit or the Mustang, however, I am stumped [] as to what type of servo that I will use. I've checked from other websites and there are various brands and type of servos that will adapt to this plane. There are Naro Std, Naro Pro, Pico servos and etc. Budget wise, am considering getting the GWS brand but I am in a corner right now and can't decide what type to get.

Maybe, anyone there who can give me some light where to turn too or suggest which one can best fit my requirement. I will appreciate your help.

Oops, I almost forgot, I have a speed 480 motor from my downed Parkzone P51, I am wondering if this motor will fit the GWS 400 series gearbox. [sm=confused.gif]
Old 06-15-2005, 10:19 AM
RickAvery

Default RE: Recommended Servo for GWS 4FU & P51 Planes

I'm building the mustang and my bro-in-law has just built up a corsair. We both used HiTech HS-55s & HiTech electron 6 Rxs. His is flying and works great. Mine is still under construction. I've never had a problem with the 55s in planes this size. Good luck.
Rick
Old 06-15-2005, 10:28 AM
guitarrarl

hi all:

Can you help me figure the size of an electric motor needed for a 24 oz biplane stagger wing model please? The plane flyes with a 400 direct drive motor but I feel I would need twice that power.. I would like the motor to be direct drive. Thank you!

PS it is a CCLEE stager wing plane but only the fuselage is foam, the rest I made of balsa.
Old 06-15-2005, 12:51 PM
marksmu

I second the HS-55 servos from Hitech...I have 7 of them 3 on my "old" mustang which has been destroyed thanks to cow birds, see earlier post, and 4 on my CP helicopter, although one is a HS-50, but all 7 have worked flawlessly for me, and I have put them through the test of crashes...about 8 or 9 mild crashes, and one obliteration crash....and I cant even count the number of crashes on the Helicopter. I would suggest these to anyone though, they work great, and are less than $15 a pop.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:35 PM
Allan Aguilar

Thank you for the inputs, now, I am considering getting a speed 480 brushed motor for these GWS planes. Is there anybody there who tried installing this type of motor ? How did it performed using a 10 x 8 prop. Another one, anybody tried a 3 or 4 bladed prop for these plane, again, what was the performance ?

Thanks in advance for the inputs.
Old 06-26-2005, 03:10 PM
czechyour6

The JR 241 servos are great too, about as light as the HS-55, also a good choice. You have to bargain shop the 241s since Full retail is around 27.00 ea [X(]