Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

The Australian thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 09:23 AM
Crawf_

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Australian thread

Smartest's posts are now toast [8D]

Cheers,
Crawf
Old 06-15-2007, 10:08 AM
ozrcboy

ORIGINAL: smartest
Make you surprising!!!
Speaking of batteries that make you surprising (presumably that's when your arch nemesis attachs a 3s to your genitals just before you are about to address the current graduating class of your old school) when I saw this beauty on the net I just had to grab it. It's an advert for a RC scale Predator model:

The RQ-1L Airplane is designed on the American actual pilotless plane, full emulation base on the scale, having the characteristic of perfect performance and easy assemble. The main wing are adopted the new multiple material technique, contain the carbon fire inside. Obtain the characteristic of high intensity, less weight and resistance. The kit has the quick crawl speed and wonderful function of glider. Especially the landing gear, which was made by aluminum alloy, the front wheel can go around with the elevator and was built the system of cushion. Easily to operate and glider on the ground, so RQ-1L is worthy of the world famous plane.

Can't wait for my front wheel to go around with my elevator and undercarriage made by aluminium alloy - heh I love that guy
Old 06-15-2007, 10:16 AM
tam popo

Crawf, sorry to hear about the job etc. But when one door shuts, another one opens - just don't end up sitting loking at 4 walls like some people, and I definately know you're not one of them! Treat it as a temporary holiday, and if you can't find a job you can always sell your body (or even a kidney or something else you don't use).!!! Just keep the double chins up pal!
Drunkenwotsit - hows Mr Moderator these days, busy isn't he. I think I know what went on by reading the script and if it had been me, well who knows! Can't say anymore, 1984 and all that (boy, that was a good year!!)[8D] Catch you all later when Uk asleep[X(][X(][X(]
Old 06-15-2007, 10:19 AM
tam popo

I read that twice before the penny dropped. Brilliant, you guys keep cracking me up. Its bout as funy as snow in Austrlia!![8D][8D]
Old 06-15-2007, 05:46 PM
drunkenbushman

Gotta love a bit of Chinglish.

And yes Tam 84 was a bloody good year
Old 06-15-2007, 05:58 PM
clovus

Drunken,

Be wary of the CAC boomerang.. be very wary. I saw them on sale for $49 not so long ago, the reason they are a dog, no -one wants them. Well, they can be made to fly well but it needs a heck of a lot of work/ planning. It is not a easy flier.

!'d have to say the MPXT is a good little plane, OK, not super fast but if you are after a honest, good flier that goes where you want, etc I totally recommend it. Ok, rolls are not axial, it does a weird lomcovak, knife edge needs full throttle, but everything else makes it fun, fun, fun. Read the mxpt owners thread in the sports planes section of RCU for more info.

I get sick of planes pretty quickly and have to buy a new one to keep it all interesting. This is my second MPXT and I fly it every possible chance I can.

clovus
Old 06-15-2007, 06:45 PM
maiden-crash

I know it was spam, I wrote a pretty p'd off first reply but decided to edit incase I would get reported- I included who would DB be surprising Smartest, I think it would be SMARTEST to leave your crap to yourself. Now, Ill be off to the hobby shop to see Rod, and I will be getting a Flight Power lipo for the Extra, a pretty much proven great battery.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:01 PM
dabvid

well im hopefully gonna remaiden my minimag with the brushless motor today, first me and my dad are picking up a car battery then going to have a peak at the local rc plane club(joining in about a month) and the to my flying field. im suprised at how powerful this motor is. when the battery is 100% fresh i.e 12.6v and i push full throttle it actually climbs toward the roof. Wish me luck.
regards,
dave
Old 06-15-2007, 07:11 PM
Crawf_

dabvid

hang on, you're in for a wild (and fun!) ride with the BL MM

Cheers,
Crawf
Old 06-15-2007, 07:30 PM
ozrcboy

ORIGINAL: dabvid
when the battery is 100% fresh i.e 12.6v and i push full throttle it actually climbs toward the roof. Wish me luck.
regards,
dave
Absolutely - we all do. Just remember if the plane starts behaving like a cut snake that there is a middle position on your throttle. Seiously seen people get into trouble where the plane is going nuts with the amount of power, and all they had to do was close (or even reduce) the throttle to recover control, and they never get there.

Oz.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:05 PM
ozrcboy

It's finished - my "Learning to Fly RC" course - just finished up part 10. I'm not sure who's stupid idea it was to write all the stuff down, but I have an alarming thought that it was mine.

If any are interested:
http://www.oz********.com/2007/03/le...ers-guide.html
Old 06-15-2007, 09:56 PM
dabvid

hey guys i had my minimag remaiden: I GOT BLOODY SHOT DOWN!!!, i was flying all good did some rolls and loops, noticed one of those bodgy conector things fellof brought her down fixed that. took her up again, switchedd high rates did double loops and rolls than as i was just normally flying it started spiralling. i managed to pull up too prevent the nose first but it hit the landing gear and prop. the landing gear went flying and broke off and was bent out of shape, i went over to check and thought where is the prop the damn prop shaft snapped. luckily you can get replacement ones for about 4 dollars, a new prop 7 dollars and im rplacing anll of the easy connectors with dubro one-they work far better. on the good side the thing had so much power it was funny- it needs some down thrust though and a fair bit of right trim to stop the torque. when i did the first take off because it didnt have the down trim it lept of the ground in about 1 and half metres. the thing looped from level easily at half throttle, in fact i very rarely use full throttle. if anyone gets one i recomend getting brushless it turns it into a new plane-almost a sports plane. when i flew on high rates i remember i set it for when amer flew it which was fully to the max. it did about a roll a second and the best thing was that it was actually quite quick at full throttle.
regards,
dave
Old 06-15-2007, 11:58 PM
maiden-crash

Bad luck Dave, how did you get shot down though? maybe you turned too hard and the plane tip stalled and spiralled? Too bad you crashed.
I went to the hobby shop today, and walked out with a TM Genius and Eflite 450 The Genius is the exact replica of Fliton Prodigy, not a single difference. Rod says he's not importing fliton anymore because theyt are a huge rip off, Tm apparently stock the aftermarket of Fliton. The quality is spectacular, Ive never had a plane with such a wonderful finish. Covering has not got a single wrinkle, there is no defects what so ever and the plane looks stunning. It only cost me 115 dollars, but the 450 cost 70 so I though I would have to leave it for later. My wonderful mum actually said she will get the motor, Im really lucky to have a mum like that, she always helps me wherever possible. Im going to start the build now, I even took a photo of the components but my phone wont hook up with the computer[:@]
Old 06-16-2007, 12:00 AM
maiden-crash

A roll a second must have been crazy Dave, my stryker on full rates couldnt do that! Real bummer you crashed it.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:02 AM
dabvid

i thought it could have been tip stall but i was flying head on and it just turned and lost all control. a shot down is like a glitche but a shot down locks it up for a while. what prop are you using on the genius
regrads,
dave
Old 06-16-2007, 12:58 AM
drunkenbushman

Sorry to hear bout your crash Dave, fix her up and get her going again.

I went to the Hobby Store today [&o]

I left with a Sparrow 2 charger, a Dx6, a Venom 36amp ESC a 3s 2100Mah venom lipo and a CAC Boomerang. $700 later...[&:]

Im a bit dubiouse about the Boomerang after what clovus said. But hey its all a learning curve isnt it.
Old 06-16-2007, 02:01 AM
dabvid

itll be an easy fix i just have to wait for the prop shaft and if my lhs cant get it in soon another hobbyshop abit further away has plenty of them in stock. and i need a new prop.
regards,
dave
Old 06-16-2007, 02:05 AM
ozrcboy

ORIGINAL: dabvid

i thought it could have been tip stall but i was flying head on and it just turned and lost all control. a shot down is like a glitche but a shot down locks it up for a while. what prop are you using on the genius
regrads,
dave
Doubt it was a tip stall with minimag - I imagine it just recovers cleany from something like that.

Anyway, sorry to hear about it.

DB - congrats on new kit.
Old 06-16-2007, 02:24 AM
inflex

No chance it was a sort of a 'snap' roll gone wrong? I know when low and slow all sorts of strange things can happen (then again, it mostly happens to me with my pylon racers so I guess that doesn't count as good experience since they're a bit notorious at slow speed).
Old 06-16-2007, 02:32 AM
drunkenbushman

Cheers Oz,

Im thinking tho i will also buy a Mini Pulse. Set up the Boomerang but fly the pulse 1st.

With all my new stuff i should be able to finish my dark side project as well.
Old 06-16-2007, 02:36 AM
machette

Now repeat after me Dave.....keep it two mistakes from the ground

Sorry to hear about your crash Dave .....but just think of all the expertise you are gaining with your new found knowledge of different glues
Am madly reading all this info (and absorbing some) .......am buying that all important stepping stone this coming week.....a Spektrum DX6 (now realise they come as a set.....ignore my other waffle) and then with my pile reaching critical mass (as Crawf calls it)
I going to buy two planes
Looks like I have the junk for another.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81917.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	704880  
Old 06-16-2007, 02:37 AM
dabvid

yes it was no snap roll or stall i was flying at half (more pace than the astock permax on full throttle) i as just flying straight and it just died. luckily i managed to sorta save it.
regards,
dave
Old 06-16-2007, 02:42 AM
machette

I've been following your trail through all these planes DB, googling all of them......I'm one of those who wants a TM ....my style, slow and easy .......really after something that will roll on grass as well as my Classic nitro trainer (heavy ******* it is!)
Old 06-16-2007, 02:47 AM
machette

Dave, I'm a bit sick of crap parts stopping in flight and I bought a handful of HS55s today and will put them in the EFs.....maybe it was a component failure your MM suffered ????
Old 06-16-2007, 02:50 AM
dabvid

definently not component probly some kid with a walki talki here is what the part where; jr 2610-rs77s pcm reciever, 4x jr375 servos, himark 920 kv motor 9x6e prop, 25amp esc, 1700mah lipo and deans connectors. btw i was 2 mistakes high it just started spiraling and i had no control from teh tx to rx but i eventually got it back and that is why it didnt go nose first.
regards,
dave

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.