Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

The Australian thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 09:18 AM
sama

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Australian thread

Hi, I have a great idea, post any park flyer rc related info in this thread. Should be good as I have noticed a few aussie's around here.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:06 AM
bleary

Default RE: The Australian thread

Hey sama,i am in Perth some of the time as well.What do you fly,and where you at?
The best part of forums like this one are that it doesn't really matter where you are,the information is good for all,and the help is universal.
No expert by any means,but pm if you need anything.
Cheers,
Bleary.
Old 06-07-2006, 06:15 PM
clovus

Love the custom title..shed malingerer. Classic! I was over in perth a few weeks ago plenty of open space. I can imagine the thermals in summer.......
Old 06-07-2006, 06:44 PM
bleary

Well thats what the missus calls me sometimes,sometimes she calls me something else when I'm still out there at 3 in the morning..
Thermals for sure,gets quite bumpy sometimes...
Cheers,
Bleary.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:16 PM
sama

hello, I have a huge park down the road from my house in cannington, Im no expert but will have a 4ch tiger moth early next week, Woudnt mind flying with some one else apart from those annoying mag pies.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:37 PM
bleary

Sent you a pm sama.
Old 06-08-2006, 12:55 AM
maiden-crash

Nice thread title
I fly my stryker around the back of a council house. Large, open space with a road on the other side. Nice for showing off stunts.
Sama, You asked in the stryker thread if there is a slo v in Australia, well I talked to the owner of my LHS and he say's they dont sell them down here.
Ps, seems like everyone here lives in Perth, anyone live near me in Melbourne?
Old 06-08-2006, 01:01 AM
clovus

I'm closer, in sunny regional Qld, but still a bit of a hike.

clive
Old 06-08-2006, 09:19 AM
drunkenbushman

Hey im from sydney. Fly strykers at the local footy parks mostly. When i say fly i think i should say crash. Self taught and fly alone. Altho i am slowly seeing more and more people at parks flying planes.
Im looking forward to being able to order a few F27-c bodies. That F27-C motor mount looks tough.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:01 PM
zumanity

hey guys...im in sunny newcastle and fly a pz super decathlon at the moment.
im lookin at getting a boomerang trainer soon and take the plunge into glow planes. i can fly the decathlon ok and have managed to fly it inverted very briefly...it was crazy!!!..looked totally wrong but cool at the same time i look forward to chatting with you people soon!!!
Old 06-08-2006, 10:29 PM
bleary

Hey man,don't go glow,go brushless with lipo!
No mess,less noise,and plenty of power depending on your wallet...
Cheers,
Bleary.
Old 06-09-2006, 04:51 AM
drunkenbushman

Ive got a Kyosho Calmateo Trainer which is glow and i never get the time to get out to the feild to fly it. Its bout a 50m in drive.
Old 06-09-2006, 04:54 AM
rastus21

ORIGINAL: passionatepilot

Nice thread title
I fly my stryker around the back of a council house. Large, open space with a road on the other side. Nice for showing off stunts.
Sama, You asked in the stryker thread if there is a slo v in Australia, well I talked to the owner of my LHS and he say's they dont sell them down here.
Ps, seems like everyone here lives in Perth, anyone live near me in Melbourne?
Yeah bro, I'm down in Mentone, fly my Parkzone Typhoon on vaious parks and ovals around the place.
Old 06-09-2006, 08:50 AM
Crashcrazy

Good to see a few of us around - up in Queensland as well - Typhoon, Stryker, Mustang flyer and crasher. Should be good for us to complain on if it takes them 12 months to get the F27-C to our shores. I spoke to Model Flight last week and they were a little bit vague on the possible time frame for the RTF and ARF versions - I guess too soon to get an idea?
Old 06-09-2006, 09:53 AM
drunkenbushman

So are model flight just selling them as pre sales? The F27-C stryker bodies?
Old 06-09-2006, 08:12 PM
maiden-crash

Hey guys, did you realise how all the PZ products down here have a different transmitter from america? Personelly I prefer our two stick transmitters.

Matt, Im down in south morang if you know where that is. Dont know how far that is from mentone though. What hobby store do you go too?
Old 06-09-2006, 08:47 PM
bleary

Hey Crashcrazy,if you have your own radio gear,just put together your own F27C.Buy the bare airframe and canopies,and make your own fins and aelirons from balsa.The expensive part is the drivetrain,but with a bit of hunting around on ebay,and some of the cheaper online shops,you can pick up a 3S lipo or two and a 30 amp or so esc,and a outrunner or preferably inrunner for not too much dosh.
Then you have the fun of putting it together and customising and painting/covering or glassing it.
It's a great plane,but needs some mods in certain areas,and the gear you buy can go into other projects if you want.
The best thing I have bought in the last couple of years has been a computer radio,one transmitter for all my models,with nice touches like exponential/mixing and dual rates.problem is I have run out of model memory[X(]
Either I got too many planes,or need a radio with more memory...hmmn
Missus says(when answering door to another big box) "not another one"
I'm starting to run out of excuses [X(] Anyone got any good ones?
Cheers,
Bleary.
Old 06-09-2006, 09:50 PM
drunkenbushman

Hey Bleary, why not buy her something that comes in a big box as well and fix to have it arrive as your big box arrives. She wont be mad at you then. ladies love presants.

Crappy flying day here in sydney, low lying fog, rain, no wind tho which is a bonus so i took the stryker out to the AFL oval. Never knew how sweet a stryker looks diving out of the fog and leveling out for a low fly buy. With danger zone going in my head its a good feeling.

As soon as batts recharge ill go back out n see if conditions are still flyable.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:50 PM
maiden-crash

I flew my stryker this morning. Its amazing how every day here has no wind what so ever. I looped the strker the best i have for a long time. Did some aerobatics at the expense of a 7 minute flight though[]
Old 06-10-2006, 12:16 AM
bleary

Hey drunkenbushman,thats a good idea,but I am away 2 weeks out of three up on the mines,so all this stuff that I order when I am bored at work arrives when I am not there.It's nice to come home to new planes and motors though
I cleaned out my shed a week ago,and hung all my planes from the ceiling to get them out of the way,and she come in and saw all the ones that musta been buried,so she doesn't understand why I need more....
Really though she is great,just doesn't understand how much fun it is.
Nice to hear that yourself and PP are getting some quality airtime in.Go hard.
Cheers,
Bleary.
Old 06-10-2006, 02:24 AM
drunkenbushman

Sounds like you would have a bit of trouble fixing to get the parcels at your house at the same time. Only other thing i can suggest is bringing her back a big parcel so she forgets about all the ones that arrived when you where away . It is fun geting new items in the mail i will agree.

Took my stryker back up to the AFL oval today and there was a theatre group filming some amatue movie . When i was flying theyasked for some low over the top of the camera fly bys and i obliged being the nice fellow i am. It was exciting acctually.

Hopfully the weather stays crappy like it is and keeps away the wind so i can get a few more flgihts on her tomozza.
Old 06-10-2006, 03:24 AM
bleary

Ha,after two weeks away I normally bring her back a big parcel so to speak
She is normally pretty cool,but we just bought an old house that we are going to renovate,so there may not be too much flying time in the next few months[:@] So enjoy your flying when ya get it I say.
Cheers,
Bleary.
Old 06-10-2006, 04:15 AM
maiden-crash

Drunken Bushman, you think those amateur movie makers were weird?

Two days ago when I was flying a man that I have never seen in my life came up to me and started asking questions about the plane which I was fine with , (mind you it was pretty damn hard trying to concentrate on controlling an 80kmph plane while there is someone constantly talking), but then suddenly he asked me if he could have a go with it! I told him that he'll probably crash it and I think he was pretty frustrated! I couldn't say yes because this isn't a beginners plane, its very responsive. He walked away as though nothing happened. It really makes me angry that people are so self centred.

Those are the sort of situations that you try to avoid, I really dont like throwing $260 in the bin...
Very rude person.

What would you all do if someone you've never seen asked if he/she could fly your plane?
Old 06-10-2006, 05:26 AM
bleary

PP I have that happen a few times,and they act all offended when you refuse,like they would let you take their new car for a spin or something.Most people think that they are just foam toys,but when you have $500 in good gear within a $60 piece of foam,I want to crash it myself if anyones going to crash it.
When I am flying my fast planes,I also normally just say that I am concentrating and will talk when I land when people come up jabbering in your ear.Some people get offended,but I have enough trouble staying out of trouble and within the confines of my flying area,without explaining stupid questions.
My mate had a beauty of a refusal for one fella,he said that his herpes had erupted again,and it wouldn't be safe to touch the transmitter The guy almost ran away,and I had to walk away and nearly crashed myself I was laughing so hard.
Cheers,
Bleary.
Old 06-10-2006, 07:28 AM
drunkenbushman

Oh yea the people who ask you ALOT of questions while flying are very annyoing. I get them every now and then but i find most people stay away until i land then you get everyone comming over and asking to look and ask the questions. I wasnt very comfortable with it at 1st, im a shy lad, but they always ask the same questions so i have most answers.

One little boy about 5 asked if he could fly it today, lucky id landed cause batts where low so i had that as an excuse, he was a bit upset but his older brother told him he couldnt anyways.

Your right also about people just thinking they are toys, i told one guy today that this isnt the best plane to get as your 1st plane, i think he took it the wrong way but hey got ahead waste 250 bux if ya can afford it and can handel the emotion of snapping it in half 1st flight. The joys of flying at parks hey.
Bloody swans lost. Scrappy game.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.