Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Parkzone Supermarine Spitfire Mk11B

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Parkzone Supermarine Spitfire Mk11B

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 08:39 AM
afpe45

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Parkzone Supermarine Spitfire Mk11B

@dannyrsturbo,

Thanks danny you got the point...I would just like to add, I dont like PZ a lot either as stock(all of them exept the brushless ones) but like the challenge of making them better even though getting a different make would be better , if we can improve them then new flyers buying PZ for there looks can benefit from flyers with a bit of experience.
I have seen a few of your other posts on different threads they are ok, just this one(PZ spit) gets you going

Cheers
afpe45.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:55 AM
afpe45

Any one else think that the spit is worse than the P-51 or the f/wolf, in stock form and does it benifit from mods like
brushless motor and lipos, I know these mods make it less scale when the throttle is opened but you don't need to go fast if you don't want, but its there for us speed freaks if you want it. has anyone got the replacement airframe and put their own radio gear in yet, that is what I am thinking of doing, but not for a few months till we get some posts from people
about their flying experiences (not gripes), and vids, apart from the PZ test pilot ones, which are always good with all their
planes, but launch them yourself and it is a diferent story. USA flyers seem to have it worst because of the thin air. I wonder where the PZ vids are filmed...maybe china.

afpe45.

PS, dannyrsturbo, How did the spit perform and fly for you? (dont just say c**p) and how did it let you down.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:09 AM
Ram008

All of the Parkzone and Hobbyzone videos are filmed in the USA, aside from the current Spitfire video which was filmed by Helger in England.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:24 AM
afpe45

Thanks for that ,I was just wondering as they never seem to get the dip at launch as the home vids in the USA get, I would love to see someone do a video in the uk.
nice vid XxOoCoBrAoOxX, you are aussie in america I think,

If I could film it I would do one myself, not of the spit as I dont have one yet but of the P-51 and the F/Wolf, as I never get any drop off at launch they just climb away into a usualy 10-12 mph wind. I hardly fly in less unless it is a nice mid summers day.

afpe45.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:17 AM
mezd

Hey all.... still waiting for my Spitty, until model flight get the full range of spare parts. I dont see the point in getting it and not being able to fix it!!
But i am still flying my FW-190 though.
Hey remember that these planes are built to a price point! $249- Aus and you get everything ( unlike dannyrsturbo's plane ) and its reasonable small - i can fly mine quite comfortably in an the area of an Australian football field, and still do a few aerobatics.
So you can charge up, walk down the street and go for a fly...... if you crash it, by a few bits put it back together and go for another fly ( mind you it wont look as pretty )
I am quite happy with my PZ for the price i paid and the price it costs me to fix........ but hey thats just my opinion.
P.S. glad that you guys that have taken my advise and ordered from here in OZ are happy!!
Old 02-15-2007, 11:53 AM
jet15089

In response to afpe 45 about making a brushless pkz p-51, focke wolf and a spitfire. I will tell you what if you use a himaxx or mega and even the eflite six series 2000 or 2700 kv in anyone of those planes it will be a rocket. Anyone of those planes at level flight with one of those power set ups full throttle and pull back and will go straight vertical. You will need to get rid of those five wire servos and replace with standard 3 wire and I use a 40 amp esc with a 3cell 2100 20C rated battery or whatever you can get in there that is close. I use a lot of Maxxamp batteries they work very good for the money. You will have to use your own radio equipment but that is o k because pkz radio equipment that comes with the kit is JUNK anyway but it keeps the cost down. But if the spitfire already comes with the three wire servos than that is even easier to mod, the airframes work well with power upgrades and are a blast to fly because it is night day difference. I would recomend a himaxx or mega motor but the eflight six series work pretty good. But what do I know it just my opinion.

My Hangar: Pkz typhoon, PKz P-51, brushless stryker, and Alfa F86 himaxx brushless
Old 02-15-2007, 07:13 PM
mezd

Hey jet15089,

Could you use the equipment out of the pkz typhoon? that has brushlees motor and lipo as standard, i would imaginge it would all bolt straight in?
Old 02-15-2007, 09:25 PM
jet15089

In response to mezd

Here is the catch the parkzone typhoon's brushless motor is a very week as in low wattage that is why they use a 8:1 or 9:1 gear ratio because it only produces like 130 watts and it because it more geared toward 3d flight also, and to keep the cost down and to swing a 12 or 13 prop. It would probably work but it would take some modification because the diameter of the motor is much smaller. Now the speed control actually is very good you can use that in other stuff 20 amp and has a good BEC because it uses 4 servos plus it is programable. It can be done but i don't thing it would be a wise choice because of low wattage and the weight of the of the airframe of the aircraft. The eflight six series 2000 kv or the 2700kv is the same diameter as the stock brushed motor it will bolt right up, it will fly unreal with this set up. I like a 100watts to 150watts per pound, those E flight six series are 325watts I believe and I would not run anything under a 35 amp ESC. If you are comfortable flying these airplanes the way they are stock and have been flying a while, it is time to have some fun up grade to a brushless system you will not be disappointed.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:44 AM
gunracer

i think kahloq is successfully using the typhoon motor in his pz warbirds...the thing you have to watch out for with the typhoon motor is amp draw...its high kv rating is fine for a 9:1 or even 8:1 ratio gearbox...when you put it in the stock spitfire's 3:1 gearbox, the amp draw goes way up...

if you're consider the e-flite 6 motors, i would recommend the 2000kv version...it will provide plenty of power for non-scale flights and will not overly stress your batts....the 2700kv is a batt killer...using the stock prop and gearbox, amp draw with the 2000kv motor is about 21-22...amp draw with the 2700kv is about 35-36 amps...
Old 02-16-2007, 12:58 AM
mezd

Ok, sounds fair! Am actually quite content with the FW-190 stock... but am going to put all my own gear into the spitfire, then transfer all the mode one gear out of the spitty into the FW.
Hey has anyone tried out the dog fighting kit for the pkz stuff?
Old 02-18-2007, 07:35 AM
drunkenbushman

What would really make this thread useful is a flight report from one of the good chaps who have bought this plane.

To let us know how it handels, what you like dislike. How you felt while flying, what skill you recommend needed to fly it.

Everybody has already heard about how bad the PZ electronics are so dont whinge about them here please, they are just usless reposts.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:15 PM
gunracer

i've got an airframe on backorder...they're supposed to be available here in the usa sometime this month...it'll get an e-flite 6 2700kv motor...i'll post my findings and vid hopefully in the next few weeks...
Old 02-19-2007, 01:57 AM
drunkenbushman

Gunracer that would be very helpful, will be nice to hear just how the airframe handles and what not. Cheers mate.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:06 PM
dannyrsturbo

NAH IT FLIES PRETTY UNSTABLE DOESNT LIKE MUCH WIND AN GENRALY PERFORMS WORSE THAN MOST PLANES I ENJOY FLYING MY BOYS ARISING STAR MORE , SORRY IT DOESNT FLOAT MY BOAT I BOUGHT A NEW ONE AFTER THE 1ST DIED AS I THINK ITS PRETTY AFTER ALL ITS A SPITFIRE, BUT IT PERFORMS LIKE A MALNURISHED SEAGULL
Old 02-19-2007, 01:52 PM
onewheeldoin200

ORIGINAL: dannyrsturbo
BUT IT PERFORMS LIKE A MALNURISHED SEAGULL
[sm=lol.gif]

Well it's started warming up here, I should be able to give a flight report in a week or so.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:55 AM
drunkenbushman

Im sorry but i cannot take a flight report seriously when it is written in CAPS THE WHOLE TIME.

i do not really like people who shout, and also i feel your opinion is biased based on a bad experiance you have had.

Also if your plane did perform like a "seagull" did you check that the wings where attached properly? The wings generally are not supposed to flap on a fixed with aircraft...
Old 02-20-2007, 06:03 AM
dannyrsturbo

phhht .....u understood , can u read it now...its in little writing for ya........ the parkzone spit is crap.. lol pretty well know round here at the mo..big let down at the club as a whole jus go buy it an find out ..or maybe spend money on a real model and enjoy that .....and i dont care about negative responses to my post ...cos i can pretty much say what i want thanks ...and parkzones spit...is crap..look me up i have more than 150 posts on other forums all positive...apart from this hunk of flying crud.......arite......
Old 02-20-2007, 06:06 AM
dannyrsturbo

i also enjoy the fokke wolf and kinda like the mustang i have crashed a few of those so its not biased on my crashes as i always pick up and carry on....ripmax spitfire is more of a plane if u want electric or glow spitfire 69.99 it is 50" looks gorgeouse and can actualy fly in a bit of wind
Old 02-20-2007, 06:21 AM
drunkenbushman

ORIGINAL: drunkenbushman

What would really make this thread useful is a flight report from one of the good chaps who have bought this plane.

To let us know how it handels, what you like dislike. How you felt while flying, what skill you recommend needed to fly it.

danny as much as i appreciate your attempt at helping, you havnt really answered any of my questions.

All i am hearing from you is it is a "crap" plane.

Why is it crap, what made it crap, what coulda have been better, what conditions did you fly it in.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:46 AM
dannyrsturbo

ile get my buddy to do a report for you then im rubbish at writing things out ile get him to write down how iot handles and stuff my newones a fixed model now as i think its nice to look at
Old 02-20-2007, 04:41 PM
zzz12

I went out and got a pz spitfire . I am starting to think the parkzone planes are a bit crap . I have a pz mustang it is well hard to land and fly. Hope Hope the spitfire is better.......[]
Old 02-20-2007, 07:00 PM
afpe45

Dont forget when comparing PZ with other makes they are meant as a parkflyer hence the 27meg,
although I never fly anything in the park myself some people do, and another thing to remember is to compare them to other planes made from curry trays(english joke)...polystyrene sheet, the planes themselfs are a bit small for me, I prefer 55" upward, but as danny says they do look nice but a bad launch or a bad landing and they get hurt pretty bad,
upside is parts are pretty cheap as reparing a fuz isn't worth the hasstle. and it is that that usualy goes.

@zzz12,
Let us know how you get on when you fly the spit , and how it handles for you compared to the P-51.

afpe45
Old 02-21-2007, 07:25 AM
zzz12

ok will let you no if the pz spitfire flys better.[:@]
Old 02-21-2007, 12:32 PM
afpe45

just been looking at another PZ thread, and it could be the way people launch that cause the problems.with the nosedives and stuff.

I hold at arms leangth above my head and throw with I slight downward launch to gain momentum, with full throttle and I dont get dosedives they always clime away.

afpe45.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:22 PM
gunracer

i was looking forward to having this model by the end of the month..the release date, however, here in the usa has been pushed back to may...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.