Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Parkzone Supermarine Spitfire Mk11B

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Parkzone Supermarine Spitfire Mk11B

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 02:20 PM
duaneh1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Parkzone Supermarine Spitfire Mk11B

Dannysturbo-based on your rambling posts, I think you don't know how to fly.... at least parkflyers. I have Focke Wulf and love it. With a lipo it flies great and looks great. I've crashed it several times and have had no trouble repairing it and if you don't crash, the plane will not break, regardless of how 'cheap' it is. I don't know why so many complain about PZ, especially the electronics. The tx doesen't have a supple feel and the plastic is thin, but if you move the stick left the plane goes left. Same with right, up, and down. I don't think I've had a glitch yet on any of my PZ planes (FW, stryker B and C). In contrast, my $1000 T-Rex SE setup took lots of tinkering with, in order to eliminate my glitching issues-had to use base loaded ant.

So quit acting like an idiot and stop blaming others for your own incompetence!! Unless you don't want anyone paying attention to any "advice" you may give.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:10 PM
ozrcboy

So I am very seriously considering buying this aircraft. I have one other park flyer warbird flying (a GWS Zero with brushless) and a couple of projects in construction (Ultrafly P51, Phoenix Models Tucano). A good flying spitfire has always been one of my target goals for this hobby. I'm not afraid of balsa, and regularly fly and return my StevensAero RV4 to earth without issue. I do like the idea of a replacement airframe PZ spitfire - chuck in my RX, one of my 3s LiPos and be flying in 30 minutes. I'm not mad keen on hand launches (always seems like you are taking a chance compared to rolling takeoffs).

What are people's thoughts? Should I look at a different model spit (the great planes parkflyer balsa spit has been suggested)? GWS have one which I'm sure would fly okay (certainly after some "upgrades") but obviously includes build time (and the GWS models rarely look good close up - certainly after you pulled the fuse apart twice and pushed it back together to get it to line up properly when glueing it etc).

Some of the initial thoughts from looking at the PZ Spit stats:

- she looks a bit porky (700g +)
- the scale details look great and having seen one fly I know she looks the goods in the air.
- She probably won't be as rugged or easy to put back together as my GWS Zero (although thankfully I seem to have given up noseing in).
- At $150A odd sans RX/battery (replacement airframe) that is sub $200 to get in the air (assuming I have a battery to fit) - that's pretty good value.
- Her performance seems a little uninspiring, but a relatively cheap brushless upgrade should fix that (maybe $100A).

So, people that have bought them and wished they bought another model, or people who have flown other ARF and kit parkflyers warbirds and bought this one and thought it was money well spent - I would love to hear your opinions (btw Danny - I think we are clear on yours )
Old 02-21-2007, 04:16 PM
duaneh1

A good lipo will greatly improve the performance. I would have reservations about installing a brushless though. These planes weren't designed for high speed, unlimited vertical, etc. If you search the posts, you'll find several people have added bl, It flew it like a bat outa hell, then the wings promptly folded. Someone even said they have to reduce throttle to 65% in order to do aerobatics without shearing the wings off. I wouldn't enjoy flying while having to worry about how much power I can apply.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:58 PM
gunracer

i've got bl setups in the p51 and fw190...it's the g forces that destroy an airframe, not the motor...you can fold the wings on one of these models even with the stock brushed motor...bl motors are fine for the pz warbirds..you just gotta watch the gs...besides, how else can the model do a high speed low level pass followed by a near vertical climb to 500'?
Old 02-21-2007, 07:02 PM
afpe45

@duaneh1,
Got a link to any of the threads for brushless PZ Spitfire as I have done a quick search and cant find any, or if not a link the name of the thread, I
want to add brushless and a brushless thread is what I am looking for.

afpe45.
Old 02-23-2007, 05:49 PM
duaneh1

ORIGINAL: gunracer

i've got bl setups in the p51 and fw190...it's the g forces that destroy an airframe, not the motor...you can fold the wings on one of these models even with the stock brushed motor...bl motors are fine for the pz warbirds..you just gotta watch the gs...besides, how else can the model do a high speed low level pass followed by a near vertical climb to 500'?

Thats what I have a Stryker C for! I know the g forces destroy the frame, its just that a BL makes that much more likely.

to the other guy: Do search in the P51 and focke wulf threads for the brushless setup. I forgot the motor most people user but I'm sure it will fit in the spitfire.
Old 02-24-2007, 02:17 PM
flyingace451

Alright guys, my LHS finally got these Spitfire's in. I work there and I was so excited when I saw the box, I get to price them and set them out today. I'll probably take one home with me soon, too.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:31 PM
timothy thompson
My Feedback: (1)

how much flying experience do you all have? I have all three warbirds and they all fly great! Ive been doing this for 25 years too. Not a dig but you need warbird experience to fly them right. ive never crashed the 190 aqnd the mustang one ding. I do agree the mustang is weakly built
Old 02-24-2007, 10:56 PM
MAX HEADSPEED

Didn't see the Spittie at the WRAM event today. That was rude HH. If it flies as good as it looks all will be forgiven. OK GUYS? They probably have a kink in their plans due to some problems that were exposed during trials in the UK and OZ
Let's hope it'll be worth the wait.

Old 02-26-2007, 07:23 PM
diabloblanco

My pz spits (i have 2) fly great, pretty damn fast too, almot too fast for me any way...
Old 02-26-2007, 08:13 PM
flyingace451

...Oh gosh you think THAT'S fast? Wow I must be weirder than I thought. Apparently I love fast, because I think the Stryker is slow (B version AND C version)[>:]
Old 02-26-2007, 09:28 PM
jet15089

ok I don't have a spitfire yet but I have the mustang and had the foke wolf 190. The airplanes fly pretty good stock with a lipo but once you fly them that way you want more. Brushless setups eflight six series 2000 2700 kv or The himax 2815 or the 2825 series now these draw some serious amps but how fast do you want to go and how much do you want to spend. These motor set ups will work in the spitfire six series fly real good 2000kv not to hard on the batteries, now the himax motors if you dont watch you will destroy the airplane but it will do what you want when you want it and six series will do the pretty much the same now in relation to the himax 2815 series depending on the kv rating. Now the 2825 is like 400 watts this thing is crazy unlimited whatever now thats what I am talking about.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:39 PM
jet15089

You know what flyingace451 I have a stryker c and I agree it needs to be faster. I am going to put my himaxx 2825 in her and that should wake it right up. Fly them till the wings rip off. right. My alfa f86 is pretty fast I just wish it was bigger. Sorry to get off track everyone. Brushless is the only way to go. That is my opinion
Old 02-27-2007, 06:58 AM
dannyrsturbo

look up ripmax spitfire she'l satisfly you on a larger scale and can work out cheaper ;-)
Old 02-27-2007, 11:03 PM
edberg

How does the spitfire handle compared to the focke wulf, my fockw wulf airframe is really worn out and has finnaly crashed. I was thinking of getting the spitfire and tranfering the electronics to it.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:25 AM
gunracer

my airframe arrived today but with a damaged rudder...i'll have to contact horizon about a possible fuse replacement...if they send me a new one, i may try to repair the damaged one and get her in the air this weekend...stand by...
Old 03-03-2007, 05:18 PM
AirWing Marine

Hey..Just brought my Spitty home...Put it together, fired her up..Motor works, But Servos dont, Have tried hooking them up everywhich way there is, Still nothing..Anyone else have this problem?..any answers?...Ive looked inside..Looks like everythings hooked up...Ive called my LHS..told me to bring it back, just wondering if anyone else has had this happen, and if so..what was the prob?...Thanks for any suggestions........Oh...When hooking up the battery..Servos never even twitch..almost like they arent getting any juice to them...anyways thanks for any Suggestions!.......Semper Fi!
Old 03-03-2007, 07:13 PM
drunkenbushman

ORIGINAL: gunracer

my airframe arrived today but with a damaged rudder...i'll have to contact horizon about a possible fuse replacement...if they send me a new one, i may try to repair the damaged one and get her in the air this weekend...stand by...

They have just read this post and i have it on good authority that they wont be sending you a new one.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:33 PM
dannyrsturbo

take it back dude get it replaced with one thats flawless
Old 03-03-2007, 11:09 PM
gunracer

it's ok guys...i repaired it my heat gun and she's good to go...i've ordered many products from horizon and will continue to do...primarily because of their customer service and they stand behind their products...looking to maiden her in the morning...if i do, i'll post a flight report and vid at rcg...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25071.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	634343   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ea84304.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	634344   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pu51569.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	634345   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cv62332.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	634346  
Old 03-03-2007, 11:38 PM
tcarp

Did you have an Aileron extension cord? The wings just plug straight into the reciever? or am I missing something..
Old 03-04-2007, 12:30 AM
gunracer

with the stock electronics, i believe there is an extension provided which also acts as a servo reverser...with my own electronics, i'm also using a 3" extension to make attaching/detaching the wing easier...
Old 03-04-2007, 07:32 AM
AirWing Marine

thanksfor replies..Hooked up extension, and still nothing..Even elevator was already hooked up...Its dead too..Im taking it back this morning...Ill get it done...Thanks!
Old 03-04-2007, 10:09 AM
tcarp

I did not see an extension in ANY of the boxes I looked at, yet they clearly state in the manual to hook the wings into a reversing lead. The radio has reversing ability I see.. I`m confused..
Old 03-04-2007, 09:54 PM
afpe45

It would be easy'er to follow the thread if people would say who they are answering to,

I am still trying to decide weather to go for the replacement airframe and put my own radio gear in, or get the full stock plane, and fly it for a bit then put my own radio,brushles motor ,speed controller and lipo in [&o]

afpe45.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.