Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Aerobird Challenger - broken boom

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Aerobird Challenger - broken boom

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 03:20 PM
m0ng00se

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aerobird Challenger - broken boom

Okay guys, i need some help. My brother was flying his Aerobird Challenger, and it ended up getting stuck in a tree....

After getting it down, we noticed that the tail was pulled off of the boom, but actually, the boom had broken when it hit i guess.

Anyways, the boom broke off at the part where it connects to the tail, and most of the boom is still inside the tail part.... We arent having any luck fixin it, but, is there a place where i can buy just a boom and tail?

Thanks,
M0ng00se
Old 01-21-2007, 04:12 PM
j_t01

Default RE: Aerobird Challenger - broken boom

Mongoose,is there enough material left that you can use an arrow shaft as an inside / outside splint?Arrow shafts are available in different diameters of carbon fiber or aluminium and can be picked up at a sporting goods store or walmart.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:24 PM
m0ng00se

the small bit i have that i could use for re-gluing is only about 2-3 tenths of an inch....its not holding well enough to get airborn.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:56 AM
airdk

The HobbyZone web site has a small repair tube that can be glued in place. Or you can email me and make arangements for me to send you my son's boom from his old ABC fuse. The original fuse went straight into the ground from 100 feet up. The only thing that was still good was the wing and the boom. Bought a new fuse so we have a spare boom.