Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Badius Owners Club III

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 10:35 PM
export!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Badius Owners Club III

Lou I just use WMM to download the content. I have the laptop with DVD burner and I'm 100% sure I can figure out your camera if you have it at the flyin.

OK - 100% is if I have rudimentary internet access. 98% if not.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:04 PM
lotech

Hello Im new to net and I cannot find why Ihave 26 Emails from this site I subscribed because I liked the contents can YOU help
I'm also not good at typing peck peck!!! tnk u
Old 06-19-2008, 11:16 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Ken, I would guess that the carbine in question is an airsost based on the CAR-16a2. That is the carbine version of the M-16a2 that I carried. I would further guess that the ammo is stored in the butt stock and the battery goes in the magazine port, and that the perfectly reproduced magazine release is the on/off buttom. Check these guys out for that kind of stuff. Here's the [link=http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/default.asp]link[/link] I don't know what the new RCU policy is on pasted links.

I got 3 batteries through the bug tonight. Just perfect weather. Itty bitty cloud puffs, blue skies and the sun on the way down. So the glints were on the bottom of the plane. I took the Fokker out and stuck the Yak battery in it. Alas, the servo tape let go. I shall fix that shortly.

Here's a pic of the sky I was flying in.

Tim
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95253.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	974436  
Old 06-19-2008, 11:50 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Hi, Lo Tech. I used to live in Redding. Anyway, your problem is that since you subscribed, everytime a post is made you get an e-mail. What I would recommend is un-subscribing from the thread and then "bookmarking" the thread. I think if you left click your mouse about halfway down the menu you'll see "add to favorites". Do that and you can read to your hearts content without 20 e-mails a day.

Tim
Old 06-20-2008, 01:24 AM
rcverse

Hey Scott yeah that's the sweet thing......... guess I need to figure how to generate an html link with the tool bar button to avoid that glitch...[link=http://www.mscompositusa.com/index.php?ref=40&mode=image_preview&image_path=/editor/image/eshop_products/MS-1300030_l.jpg&title=image_preview.php]hot lynx[/link] there, see if that works...........OK that seems to work

And yeah Phil those street bikes and road racers are okay for around town or short hops, but rough for the long haul..... and I finally decided bikes are nice long as the weather's nice.... which means about 6 months around here..
and a tip on the airshow pics if you get the N number then can always look up the details in the registry...... like when that Fleet was built...
That BIRD a new one on me, never seen or heard of that one..... and that sweet
'16 Harley got more knobs and levers than a working girl....
Looks like there is a primary chain driving the clutch and tranny on the side case??? and then a secondary to the sprocket???

In the market for a Model T coupe or sedan??? .... saw one of each sitting out in a farmers pasture with a For Sale sign on them today, both looked fully restored, down to the black paint job...... Still see lot of old classics on the road around here, guess no salt on the roads helps.... and I-5 is hot rod alley some days.... but I've seen more Harleys on the road than ever this year, and it ain't even Sturgis yet... quiet a show some days and looks like a kick, but I sure do like my solid state computerized ignition and fuel injection thank ya'..... long as I don't have to work on it!!!

So AJ is your Wildhawk stock or did you go BL with it.... seemed to climb out pretty well in your earlier video.... thinking I need more throws on mine, but looks like have to split it open to get more, .....but since I almost there anyway maybe worth a peek...

Well Scott's feast made me hungry..... later

Old 06-20-2008, 07:35 AM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Lou/AJ, Me thinks if you wrote Amelia E on the nose of that bird you might know it.

Pappy, sweet job on the A 10. Me, PUTZ, & Terry got to see one like that at the show last year. Was a mid motor set up. Motor was mounted near the canopy, used a r/c boat drive shaft to spin the single prop in the back. Flew really well.

Ken, you need something like that for the fly in. See if you can "nail" an aircraft in flight.

Ok heli experts, what do you think of this on the VTOL?

Greg used a tail prop to control pitch, I'm thinking why not just go with swash plate setups on the main props/rotors. Then you could control not only pitch but you could also crab left and right .

Something like this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9X4wr1a1Lo

And I'm looking at mounting the motors way out at the ends of the wings. Rather then mid mount as in Greg's. I think I see a problem with his going from normal flight to hover mode.

The wings outboard of the motors, that pivot with the motors, I think are going to act like huge elevators and or air brakes, as the motors/wings rotate from horizontal to vertical position, as the plane is flying forward.
????????????
Old 06-20-2008, 07:42 AM
Glacier Girl

Crap, forgot, Lou, www.rc-dymond.com they are showing the Magister in stock, same price. Ditto Amazon. com has em too.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:12 AM
five-string

Hi all. Welcome new guys.

Getting moved in gooder and gooder each day. Got a new 18' garage door installed yesterday so now my planes are secure and I can go to bed at night and sleep well.

Nuthin' remotely airplane related to report. I haven't even consumated the new field with a single flight yet.

Go ahead, give me he**.

Poopy, are you still moving to Florida?

Pappy, very nice Warthog. I still see the real ones almost every day flying over the house. Did you fly it yet?

BTW I now, for the first time ever, have cable internet!!!!!!! It absolutely rocks. I wnet from 31Kpbs dialup to this. Holee Molee!!
Old 06-20-2008, 08:23 AM
CaptainRandy

Marky,

You need to take a break and fly something soon. I haven't flown the A-10 yet. I just have to hook up the tronics, and she will be ready to go. I have company this week end, so next week for the maiden. I want to throw it over the soft hay for the first time, then bring it to the Hill Billy Fly In

GG,

I do love the way she looks, just hope it flys at all.

Lou, Scott,

I too have a real old Sony Digital 8 Video, and the pictures are Fab. I don't have the one with the converter to down load. I should buy one, so I can get the videos I have to a DVD. Scott, do you know of a converter that is decent and reasonable?
Old 06-20-2008, 09:38 AM
nyflyer56

GG,
While your set up would work to achieve liftoff, by adding swashplates etc. aren't you just really turning it into an inefficient heli? That is the whole trick of creating a VTOL airplane, keeping it as a plane and not a heli. The other question I have is that even if you could pivot the entire swashplate ass. fully forward, it then is contending with a whole new set of forces that it was not designed for, as it makes forward flight in that mode.

Here's an idea, how about a conventional tractor prop plane with a couple of powerful edf's stuck vertically through the fuse, or wings. They lift, and maintain "hover" while the tractor motor pulls it forward. As forward flight speed is achieved, the fans go offline. reverse the procedure for landing.

Some years ago I remember seeing pics of a harrier a guy was building with gas powered DF's with pivoting thrust nozzles.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:43 AM
export!

Pappy post the exact model of your camcorder. You most likely just need the proper cable for it and a 1394 (firewire) port on your computer.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:44 AM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: export!

Best part of the day - I shot an 88 at one of the toughest courses around here. That is a bloody miracle.

Days like this are what it's all about. I hope everyone else is enjoying the summer.

Scott
Scott I hope you put your card in, are you a bandit or do you play off 16?

What summer?

Mike
Old 06-20-2008, 09:50 AM
nyflyer56

Jim,
On the bike discussion I should mention that I just picked up one that is ready to go (almost). I have had to get rid of a lot of stuff lately, so put quite a bit up for sale or possible trade. Traded one of my old Festivas for an 85 Yamaha Maxim 700 cruiser style bike. I have a couple of new tires coming for it, and then it will be less trips to the gas station than my truck.
I am in the snow belt, so our riding time is limited here also, but I do sooo enjoy it.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:04 AM
Stingray69

Didn't fly this morning but went trolling for gators instead. Sorry Brad. Not even a nibble.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67596.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	974694  
Old 06-20-2008, 11:57 AM
AJ1202

SRay you sux

Well I went flying this morning, had 2 pretty good flights, got them on vid I think, then on the 3rd flight I didn't vid it and you can guess what happened YEP slammed it into the ground
tore the whole nose off in 3 peices and tore the xtail right off the RX [X(] pulled one of the little female prongs right off with the xtail
It sounds worse than it is, I may have to use the hot water trick to straighten the nose out but I think it will glue back together fine

I was flying around just getting that last flight when I decided to do consecutive loops but not complete loops but 1/4 loops, so what I was doing was making a big + in the sky
on about the 3rd round I guess that would be about the T part I failed to notice how close to the ground I was getting and as best I can tell either the real tall grass grabbed the LG or it lost it's lift for some reason, all I know is it went from swooping around at the bottom to a pile drive lawn dart at WOT
And to think I started to vid that flight too, I wish I had now it was kinda funny to watch it suddenly vanish like that

Jim the vid I made will answer all your questions about the wildhawk

[:@] OK forget the vid, out of 9 min of vid I think I got it in frame for a total of about 1 min
I will try to edit it some but I kinda dout it will be worth the time [:'(]
stupid hat cam
Old 06-20-2008, 12:42 PM
lotech

Hi Tim, thank you for the help. I took a look at your planes nice. If you are going to be in my area let me know and we can fly
I have many small electics. One hotrod slowstick,tigermoth on steriods,ect. I'll be back here often.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:14 PM
Glacier Girl

Phil, from what I've gathered so far. Unless some type of pitch adjustment is used, you end up needing all kinds of gyros and mixes to try and keep it stable. And yeah a heli blade is quite inefficient for forward flight. But it's not 100% inefficient.

From vids I've seen the other problem that seems to occur is transition, at approx a 45 degree motor angle, if not enough forward speed has occured, the blades become almost useless in driving the craft forward.

Unless wing has enough lift it gets real ugly fast.

One of the other benifits I see with using a heli approach, the blades pitch change can make the rotor system more effective during transition. Increase the pitch as the motors pivot to horizontal will mean they won't loose as much thrust as if they were fixed pitch.

Who knows? I'm pretty much flying blind on this one. Which means it might just work. LOL
Old 06-20-2008, 01:20 PM
Glacier Girl

AJ bummer, hope it works out for you. Which bird was it?

PUTZ, yes still coming down. I'll make sure I stop at your place and do something dastardly. Like pink signs inviting all your "happy" friends over. Should get the good old boys down right wanting to visit you and your "friends" for a cross burning.

Ray, it's gators you're trolling for, get closer to the shore. If not try flailing about in the water. That usually draws em right in close.
Old 06-20-2008, 02:11 PM
Stingray69

Have fun at the show this weekend GG. Buy something to fly as a back up plane. The Coal Mine Wars will leave you low on inventory.
Old 06-20-2008, 02:20 PM
nyflyer56

GG,
With the EDF lift idea I had, I thought that a small electric motored tail rotor could be installed either in the vert stab, or on a cf rod sticking out of the tail of the aircraft. You could use either 2 of these, (one for thrust, and one for yaw, or make it be able to rotate via a servo slaved to the elevator, and 1 unit could do both pitch and yaw. The yaw could be controlled from a standard heli mixer, and the pitch slaved to the elevator. It would be light, and efficient, as well as being able to be made from existing parts. Something like the direct drive conversions used on a blade CP would work just fine.
If the plane is balanced right, it should not take much for this small unit to control it.

You could do the same with your idea, but may need more power to control it during transition, being the lift in your setup varies, and mine is constant.

Food for thought.
Old 06-20-2008, 02:22 PM
export!

ORIGINAL: BaldEagel

ORIGINAL: export!

Best part of the day - I shot an 88 at one of the toughest courses around here. That is a bloody miracle.

Days like this are what it's all about. I hope everyone else is enjoying the summer.

Scott
Scott I hope you put your card in, are you a bandit or do you play off 16?

What summer?

Mike

I guess summer does officially start tonight. Ha who knew??!
Old 06-20-2008, 02:27 PM
Loubud

GG,
Thanks for the Magister info.
I watched a few VTOL vids including a real one. I'm not sure a heli type setup is a good idea. Mounting the motors at the wingtips seems the proper way to go. As far as a gyro goes, Fub makes an airplane model. Instead of one lead for a single servo, the plane gyro has 2 leads. Either for the ailerons or for the rudder and elevator. If using the aileron mode, the plane will maintain level wings. The gyro corrects if a wing drops. When using the rudder/elevator mode, the planes keeps a level attitude.

My C-160 actually calls for one of these. It's purpose is for engine/motor failure. The gyro will respond before the Pilot notices. The gyro is in aileron mode. If a engine/motor fails, gyro kicks in and compensates with appropriate aileron action. Helpful in wing stalls too assuming you can get airspeed up quick enough. Horse a plane on takeoff and a lot of the torque is corrected.

I have the Fub GYA-351. If you want to try it I'll send it too you.

AJ,
Crashing a plane and laughing about it reminds me of Dougie. Sorry to hear about the crash but if it makes you chuckle, what the heck.
Old 06-20-2008, 02:30 PM
Loubud

Now how could I forget about DH.

Sray,
I see you have the Homo Pride Rainbow tow rope. Get any hits yet?
Old 06-20-2008, 03:11 PM
nyflyer56

ORIGINAL: Loubud

My C-160 actually calls for one of these. It's purpose is for engine/motor failure. The gyro will respond before the Pilot notices. The gyro is in aileron mode. If a engine/motor fails, gyro kicks in and compensates with appropriate aileron action. Helpful in wing stalls too assuming you can get airspeed up quick enough. Horse a plane on takeoff and a lot of the torque is corrected.

I have the Fub GYA-351. If you want to try it I'll send it too you.
Lou,
I think that Gyro would be hooked to the rudder, not ailerons. If you have an engine out in flight. it is Yaw you have to correct, not bank. (Primarily)
Old 06-20-2008, 03:30 PM
Glacier Girl

Phil, if he looses a motor in flight it won't be yaw, it will be Ahhhhhhhhhhh

More power you say, spoken like a true hero. Arh arh arh

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.