Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Badius Owners Club III

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 04:02 PM
AJ1202

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Badius Owners Club III

GG it was the wild hawk, no biggie a dab of glue here and there and a peice of CF and it's good as new
not sure I can fix the RX, if not I have a spare laying around somewhere
that RX has taken so many crashes I'm amazed it still works
Old 06-20-2008, 04:09 PM
Loubud

Phil,
The gyro goes can go both ways, just like Sray.
When hooked up to the ailerons, it corrects for engine failure. It's on the Fub home page under gyro info. But mainly I got the info from the instructions for the C-160.
I suspect you are right on this. Dunno for sure. I have Pappy disease. CRS. Can't remember sh**.
Oh, I do remember this. When connected to the ailerons it is assumed that the plane is already up to speed. Turn on the headlock and the gyro will attempt to keep the plane flying straight. It is also assumed that you have a top notch TX that can turn off the opposite engine/motor that failed. I think only Mike and Kate have a TX that can do that.

Ah, what it can do is help with take offs with planes like a large Cub. Hooked up to the rudder and elevator with the headlock on, the Cub will now track straight when taking off with the gyro controlling the rudder. Once in the air, you turn the headlock off. Otherwise it will return to the original heading. Headlock off and the gyro is still working except you can now turn and stay on that course. The elevator will insure level flight.

Those are the pros of the gyro. The cons are that you need to move the sticks faster than the gyro in many cases.

Oh, another pro. It also helps with knife edges and other maneuvers. I don't recall how exactly but what the gyro will do is maintain (with headlock off) your current course. Sideways, upside down, etc.

I can hear Mac now. "Learn to fly the plane and scrap the little helper gizmos". He's no doubt right. I think you would agree.

On the C-160, having 4 motors, the gyro is only for motor failure. Need to stop the death spiral.

I hope I got this right.

GG,
Are you up to trying it? Or are you ascaired?
Old 06-20-2008, 04:30 PM
nyflyer56

Lou,
If the instructions said aileron, I think it is a misprint. Unless the engine thrustline vs decalage has some weird combination, and engine out will produce severe Yaw (if the other engine is not quickly throttled back).
That is why Bombers have either very large rudders, or twin rudders.

Mac and Mike, your input please!

On takeoff, a gyro on the rudder will help a plane track nice and straight. I never heard of combining it with elevator for that purpose tho.

Gyros are also being used on ailerons and rudder on 3d planes to help with a rock steady hover.
Old 06-20-2008, 05:36 PM
Loubud

Phil,
I'll have to read the manual again. When I said both rudder and elevator it is because the Fub GYA-351 and 352 have 2 outputs V the 1 output on regular gyros such as those used on helis. So in this instance, where there are 2 outputs, it's either both aileron servos or the rudder and elevator servos.

These gyros have a special program in them to allow for normal functions along with the gyro inputs. Interesting little buggers. I suspect you could just plug in the rudder input but what the heck. The other is there, may as well plug that one in also.

I'll try to find the Fub link. Might help clarify things a bit.
Old 06-20-2008, 05:39 PM
gunfighterII

Lou,
Yup! I think the gyro goes on the rudder putting it on the ailerons would only fly you to the scene of the crash.
Old 06-20-2008, 05:45 PM
Loubud

Hi Mac,
Then I quess I should get a plane locater.

Here's the Fub link for gyros. Has both plane and heli gyros on it.
http://www.futabarc.com/faq/faq-gyros.html#q340
Old 06-20-2008, 06:02 PM
Airbourne in Japan
My Feedback: (3)

Lou, i never flew twin engine full scale planes, but i know if you have an engine out you get lots of yaw, so rudder input is required. however, a secondary effect of yaw is to produce roll, so there is some latitude for gyro compensation for aileron movement, althoug i would thing rudder only gyro would be ok. but anyway, the best thing to do with a multi engine plane with an engine / motor out, is to chop power
Old 06-20-2008, 06:19 PM
ktaylor

Doug, that Profile P-38 showed up today. I had almost totally forgotten about it. Thanks again. I did pay you for the shipping on that didn't I? If not remind me & I'll paypal you the money for it.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:29 PM
Airbourne in Japan

oh that's good Ken, happy building, i think it's a good flier. and yep you paypalled me the shipping, but anonymous donations in $1,000 denominations are always welcome
Old 06-20-2008, 06:41 PM
Loubud

Kate,
Pay him twice. Money bags.

Doug,
You never went for a twin certification? There are soo many cool birds out there that I'm sorta surprised.

Way back when, 4 of us were going to rent a Baron. Never happened as one guy bailed. We had 2 Pilots, one with the cert for the Baron and the other was my pal Kevin. We were going to cruise the coast and just put around. Good part was that back then in the 70's it was cheap. Less than $2,000. So $500 each. I really wish we'd have done it.

Back to the yaw. With the RC stuff I have, chopping the throttle is the way to go. Let the gyro help out so the plane doesn't crash. Well, crash real bad. Better TX's can just chop the throttle on the opposite motor and keep flying. The gyro just attempts to fix the problem as normally it will know before the Pilot does.

When your stocks make you a bundle, come out here and we'll hit the local private airport. Get you recertified and go fly around. In the U.S. there are many restricted areas but near me there are a lot of unrestricted areas that are good for flying. Buzz up the coast a ways, stop for lunch, cruise around some more, stop for NO BEER since you're the Captain. Only tea for you.

Geez. I want to fly in a private plane again. Waay too much fun.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:51 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Hey guys, stupid wind kicked in again. Everybody is heading to Redding so I have the house for the weekend, and the 2 big dogs, no crazy plans as I have my own appartment within, but no clattering about the house either. I'm still pondering a bipe but my ardor has cooled a bit.

Lou I noted the pride rope as well, but figured that they might not know what that is down there.

Lo Tech, thanks for the invite. I tend to stay on my side of the Trinity Alps, it's so much cooler here.

Tim
Old 06-20-2008, 06:51 PM
Airbourne in Japan

Lou, my whole aim before i was 35, was to be a professional pilot, so i was thinking of one day doing a twin rating, but i never got that far, travelling and mental illness topped my ambition. however twins are quite a lot more expensive also. i'd certainly like to do some flying in the US. when i was getting my flying experience, i planned to rent a plane there and fly 200 hours round the US and maybe Canada, but i never got that far. i did fly around New Zealand though and that was excellent. if my son and or daughter want to be professional pilots, i'll make tham do the round US trip if i have the money.

i'm not doing very well in the stock market currently, $24,000 down as i keep trying to guess the bottom of bank stocks, but i hope to break even in 2 years time and double my (wife's) money in 4-5 years time, so that's when i'll be America bound with any luck.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:00 PM
Loubud

Doug,
I remember your flying days as I actually remember that. That Baron was many times the cost of a little Cessna. Getting certified was a bundle also. Fred had the certification for it and he's the guy that I mention now and then that flys for United.

When your cash gets back in order I will probably be in S.Carolina. Many great places to fly over that way. We'll fly North and find some folks that talk like you.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:02 PM
Loubud

Fern,
They know now. Nice Rainbow colors to show everyone who there are and what they like behind closed doors. Tee hee and GROSS.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:40 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Lou, as long as he didn't have a yellow bandanna in his back pocket. That's truly yech a lot.

Tim
Old 06-20-2008, 07:45 PM
Stingray69

You Ca. guys sure know alot about that culture. I know nothing except that that rope is color coded for different lengths. Intermediate to advanced. And also for wake boards, slalom and tubing.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:54 PM
Adam G
My Feedback: (17)

I too find you California chaps knowledge of the gay culture a little suspect. Geesh, is it something in the water out there?
Old 06-20-2008, 07:59 PM
Loubud

Sray,
Good ole Calif is Home for homos. It's on the news, at work, everywhere. Tho I gotta admit I didn't know about the yella bandanna thing. And you can't be implying that rainbow colors are the only colors available for tow ropes?
One thing I must admit. It actually looks real good. And it's easy to see for safety. And, I'm just razzing you a bit for going out water skiing. It's darn hot here today. Must be 85 here today. SUX. Now I have to water the jungle again.

BTW,
Is Mr. Sray home? I have some intel for her.

Mark,
I need your new email addy.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:04 PM
Loubud

Adam,
All the BLUE States know this carp. It's "IN YOUR FACE". Can't hide from it.
I do know a bunch of these guys/gals from Tinsel Town. I like a fair amount of them. Especially the flamers. What a riot.

If one of the Boys going to the Fly In this year can remember to remind me, I'll tell the story about me putting one in prison for 19 years. One of my good friends.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:21 PM
calvino

haha, lou and i are roasting here, hehe, to lazy to try and get the stick flying again, maybe saturday night weather permitting.... ya, any tips for hot weather flying[>:], lol, keep 8 gal of water next to you, have your asistant DUMPING water on you.. lol, its not fun, do have to fly again, feelin the "itch"
Old 06-20-2008, 08:24 PM
lotech

Loubud,
I hope I don't step on any toes but if it's CMP 160 you don't need GYRO 1 eng. only piece of cake with
only rudder correction. Look at my gallery Iflew that one 1yr. 1st 1eng. out #2 flight AOK.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:29 PM
Stingray69

Lou, in a tournament. You have bouy's set up in a course and try cut around all of them. They keep score and shorten the rope each pass until the best guy wins. I will fly my pink........... er uh......... I mean red SU=26 in the morning and do some manly low hovering. [8D]
Old 06-20-2008, 08:29 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

I grew up, ok from 13 to 18 in Marin. That would be across the GGBridge from SF. Then worked and lived in SF for another 6 years. The bandanna thing was big in the early "90's. They used all kinds of colors and different back pockets for meaning. The only one I remember is the yellow one. The left or right pocket indicated giver or reciever. You haven't seen anything until you've done a walkthrough at the Folsom Street Fair. That would be the BDSM scene. Yikes and Gadzooks, sorry Lou but that is the best descriptor I can come up with.

Anyway, the MBZ/BMW shop I worked at was owned by a really nice, but conflicted guy. He was, and I assume still is a wunderkind on german cars. He liked to walk around in a white lab coat, anyway he's younger than I am and had a thriving business, but was one of the few gay tech's around. And our clientele was mainly B+ list people and a few A listers. He was afraid to come out. That's how I learned about "the white parties". Anyway, I lived around the culture, knew many gay and lesbian folks. Most are just folks, some get their politics on and harass everyone else. I did get a pretty good Gaydar out of the experience.

Tim
Old 06-20-2008, 08:33 PM
Loubud

Lotech,
It is not possible to step on my toes unless it gets Political or that Religion thing. Normal walking all over someone on this thread only means that person is liked. Cept for Sray. Now he can be brutal. Flaunting fun all the time. Having one exceptional Vette. A big ole SUV to squish Hondas with. Boats, planes, swimming pool, pool table, very good kids, Wifey that has a great job. The besturd needs a little razzing now and then.

My C-160 is Global Hobbies. 100 inch W/S. Got it from my LHS (Hobby People) because The ever Gracious Elaine liked it. Actually, she likes all Military planes.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:36 PM
lotech

I know what you mean 105 right now at 6:30 RB time in my shop
very cool your 160 like to see pic's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.