Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Badius Owners Club III

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 12:05 AM
djnsayne
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Badius Owners Club III

Lou,

NO.... the cub isn't done yet.... there is a black owned hobby shop that has recently opened close to my house and I have been working there part time since last week. Oh .... the stuff I can buy now!!!!!
Old 06-22-2008, 12:16 AM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Cal, don't worry about that bend, Mine has the same bend. That seems to be the angle the gear likes. Just fly the plane.

Tensor update, fuse is done, tail is done. ele and rudder linkage is done. A couple of hours? Ha. I also unglued my fingers. Might be done tuesday. I have a couple of alaskan sea spider legs that I need to eat. Back later.

Tim

had to fix some spellimg.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:45 AM
Adam G
My Feedback: (17)

Jim,

I will see if yuor post got any response. He has been deleting everything that is not twist related so it may not even still be there. Everybody jumped ship and went over to the other site, but hopefully they will be checking. Nicely put post. Thanks for that. Two and a half years over there for me and the thread was over 3 years old. Three different parts it was so big. Well, I guess they just don't want the business.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:49 AM
Adam G

Jim,

Nope, your post is totally gone. Deleted. Can you believe that? The guy is bent on taking down that thread.
Old 06-22-2008, 10:24 AM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Brad, the new dogfights type show is featuring the p-38 tonight. vs a zero. On the military channel.

Tim
Old 06-22-2008, 12:35 PM
export!

I ordered one of these - looks to be excellent value for a dual 3S charger/discharger/balancer. Even a storage voltage function;

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=7028

[link=http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=7028]try again[/link]

ok this one should work

[link=http://tinyurl.com/44svav]this is just silly[/link]
Old 06-22-2008, 01:24 PM
rcverse

Well Adam .... that is a pretty sorry state of affairs.......

...... some guys are just too nearsighted to see beyond the instructions, and can only play by the number.......... but if you guys hang tight and persist that thread may survive......... but if the administrators insist on their hard line, it does seems dismal and pointless..........

Outta hope and determination I made one more post..... seems dubious it or that thread will survive....... not much point if the strict attitude persists....... takes the fun outta it.....
.....If you guys can't relax and chat as real people, with real lives, joke and share your common interests........ then you might as well take your toys and go play by yourself.......... but gets pretty boring that way, with nobody around to share...... been there way too often........

I figure at this point its worth confronting the adminstrators and telling them to lighten up.......... after all it you guys that make that thread ......they only provide the space........ you guys go there to have fun and socialize, and the Twist is only a common toy, and the thread only the medium to communicate......... if you can't have fun there and socialize,......... what's the point..... just to read more adds???

Its your thread, your call........... give 'em hell, nothing left to loose as I see it......

Old 06-22-2008, 02:37 PM
patnchris

Ok, I'm happy.... ...35 packs in two days, 5 different planes, and no crashes. A slight amount of damage to one, but it happened when I was disassembling it to come home. The weather was finally acceptable for some decent flying. I just wish I'd brought more planes to the field. I've got the flat spin pretty much down with the Mini Ultra Stick, but can't seem to duplicate it with any of the others. I can almost hover the AJ Extra, but need a little more practice with the rudder.....The Mini Funtana needs the CG moved a little further aft, but I need to relocate the RX to do it. .....

The Ultimate is coming along. I have the battery box fabricated and installed. The top wing is done and the bottom wing is 75%. The fuse is complete, with the exception of the electronics and the wheel pants. It will be complete and ready to maiden, next weekend, weather permitting.

That will leave me only one plane to build. The E-Flight AT-6 25e. I'm going to build it, loaded, with retracts and flaps. This will be my first attempt at both.

I had a chance to fly MrDakota's E-Flight Erratix. While it isn't any kind of scale, it is a phenomenal flyer. He's set his up with the E-Flight Power 32 on 5s A123 cells. I've got to get me one of these I'd like to use a Power 32 on 4S Lipo. That will gave me almost equal performance with less weight.

Other than that, not much new. Just sitting back readin.............Pat
Old 06-22-2008, 03:37 PM
Airbourne in Japan
My Feedback: (3)

well it's 5.30am here and no wind so far. forcast isn't very good for today 90% chance of rain, 1/2", plus wind 10-20mph due i think to the typhoon that just lashed the Phillipenes passing by, so i'll have to see at 7am how the wind etc is. i'm thinking the d/f jets would be good windy fliers, but i'm feeling a little bored with them, they're not fast and very inefficient and only good for straight and level 5 min flights with a few rolls, keeping it scale. however they do look good in the air. if it's not windy at 7am, i'm thinking of taking the art tech edge, hyperion 900mm extra, hacker zoom bipe, hyperion sniper epp 3d profile, maidening the at6 plus a couple of others. tomorrow's forcast is looking better, wind 5-10mph plus showers.

Pat, good flying.

Adam, how about starting the twist owners' club thread. if you put it in the clubhouse section, i'd have thought you'd get away from that anal mod plus anything would be appropriate

edit - my wife phoned up the post office about my eflight sea fury that came yesterday while we were at lunch (i waited all morning for it of course) and i asked her for them to bring it round 2-5pm tuesday, but she made a mistake and they're coming 9-12 in the morning, so no flying tomorrow. however i still have wednesday and friday mornings free so i'll be watching the weather closely
Old 06-22-2008, 05:29 PM
Adam G

Doug,

I suppose one could certainly start a new thread in one of the social area's. I just wish it didn't have to change. It was such a cool thread for several years. I ended up driving up to the U.P. of Michigan to hang out with one of the guys. I also bought some planes from a buddy of his. Hate to see it change, that's all. But it will be what it will be. I am a peaceful guy. I am sure it will do just fine where it is.

Since I can share what I want in here, I thought I would sway from airplane talk for a minute to say I took my 87 year old grandfather and 78 year old grandmother fishing today. We just went on a local lake. My mom came as well. We all caught fish, it was fantastic. No problems getting on an off the lake. Granpa took a bucket of fish home to clean and eat. All is well. They used to take me fishing as a kid and now I am taking them fishing. Kinda funny how life works out.

Hope you all got some flying in this weekend. Pat, I know you sure did. That is awesome.
Old 06-22-2008, 05:50 PM
rcverse

Hey Scott .....that looks like a pretty nice deal.... just have rig a 110 PS for in house, looks like everthing else included.....

Dougie,....... as for Adams Twist thread, ..... I got a PM, a number of guys have already bailed to RCG, along with an invite .... so I thank them and returned the favor..... so may soon be no point....

I got PM also from mod, that I had been deleted.......... and one member posted ???? if I was trying to get the thread locked!!!
I responded ........."quite the opposite, and seems it was already locked down"......
and I PM the mod that he basically needed to relax and have fun..... but suspect it falls on deaf ears.....

I tried but looks like no hope........ sad scene, all parties lost on that deal....
I trust this doesn't become a prevailing attitude, and that admin realizes they only provide the consent.... it the members that provide the content
it works both ways.......... and this is a two party deal... we don't pay, but nor are we getting paid.............

and Pat, you dawg......... 35 packs.........hope you got blisters on your thumbs!!!!!!!! later

Old 06-22-2008, 06:00 PM
tam popo

Luv2Fly - on gliders....why not come down a size and look at the Multiplex EasyStar....a brilliant plane. You only have to key in EasyStar on U-Tube and there's loads of vids. The reason is its such a great electric glider, don't think of it as an electric plane, more a motor asisted glider. %4in. w/span, a prop that can't break, Elapor foam (the best), add a Himax b/less and 2200 3S lipo and it will be at cruising height in seconds. Thermal all day as well and tough as old boots. Its so good that most flyers who are into Aerial camera work go or this above all others. Just take a look......

I modded the PZ J3 Cub tonight - its now brushless and DX6i with 2S 1300 lipo - neat. The motor is a spare E-Max 2812 that was lying around. I think I slipped up though, the plane is too powerful!!!! Is that good or bad???

Tarted the EasyCub up as well, it needed the fake engine bits modding to look like real engine bits! Pasted epoxy thinly over the oam and then added strips of kitchen foil, pressed firmly and hey presto - an engine block
Old 06-22-2008, 06:00 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Wow Pat, did you watch the little disk on your electric meter spin really fast as you recharged?

Good for you Adam.

Doug, the weather is calling for partly sunny here, apparently they did the forecast on friday as it's windy and rained this morning.

Odd Sunday, I don't usually do anything airplane on Sundays other than keep up here. Today however I am moving forward with the tensor. I read a great statement about the plane. "Don't buy a tensor, it's too easy to fly." I like that kind of advice

Tim
Old 06-22-2008, 06:45 PM
rob737

hey guys.......just checking in to say hi. i just went to our neighborhood beach with my float plane but their were tons of people there, even at this late hour. took a pass and came home, as i really don't like an audience, especially if i were to splash the plane.

all set for tomorrow's flying. weather is supposed to be perfect. plan on bringing my pz t28 and both my art-techs (corsair and mustang). can't wait, first flying this week.......rob
Old 06-22-2008, 06:56 PM
patnchris

I was charging at the field from a deep cycle marine battery, along with packs that were already charged. I even had my little Electrifly 3S charger plugged into the truck. 17 flights, yesterday and 18 today. Been charging since 1:00pm and I'm just about finished at 7:00 pm.....Now if I could do that every day, for a couple months, maybe I'd learn to fly as good as the rest of you guys.....
Old 06-22-2008, 06:58 PM
Dad_Roman

ORIGINAL: Adam G

Jim,

Nope, your post is totally gone. Deleted. Can you believe that? The guy is bent on taking down that thread.

The post is gone??? Heck the entire thread has been "disappeared"!!!![sm=72_72.gif]
Old 06-22-2008, 07:01 PM
rob737

i have been charging all day today, too, pat (have three chargers going). i am with you on the learning to fly thing! my goal for tomorrow will be to bring them all home in one piece. it's been a while since i managed that! rob
Old 06-22-2008, 07:12 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

They flushed an entire thread? Who's idea do you think thought that was.

Tim
Old 06-22-2008, 07:49 PM
nyflyer56

ORIGINAL: Dad_Roman

ORIGINAL: Adam G

Jim,

The post is gone??? Heck the entire thread has been "disappeared"!!!![sm=72_72.gif]

Ok what the H*ll! Why is there a problem for any thread to not post as they wish, provided it is not improper?
If the posters on the thread are ok with it, why does a Mod have to step in and mess with things? I think a group complaint to the higher ups is most certainly in order here.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:57 PM
five-string

Was the thread here or over in RCG?
Old 06-22-2008, 07:59 PM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Well just got back from the fly in. Was a real big disapointment.

I hooked up with Fireman Bill and his son, from Watt Flier threads. With us I think the total turnout of fliers was 14. [:@] Not one single vendor showed up for either day. [:@]

No real heli demos, and not one turbine showed for their demos.

I was really prepped to fly. Managed to squeeze in the van, Big and little P38's, big and little Corsairs, P40, Camel, AC 47, Predator, Stryker, T-Bird, P47, Magister,and Slow stick.

Somewhere along the line Mr Murphy snuck in too.

First flight was the little P38, it started glitching, and it's on a Spektrum system! Rebound the rx and it seemed fine. Until launch. It went vertical then proceeded to do nothing but loops.

Nothing from the tx would change it. 5th loop was only 3/4 of a mistake high and it exploded into a pile of foam.

Bill went next, took out his C130, same size as AJ's big one. It decided to ground loop.
He got it straightened out and 3 motors quit. 4 brushed motrs on one esc, and 3 of the motors just gave up at the same time.

Not to be outdone, I launched the T-Bird. It flew great until I tried a high speed dive into a fly by. It decided to do a roll on the flyby, stripped servo. Did a very small imitation of a Ken Stryker landing, no where near as loud, nor as high on the second bounce.

Bill then launched his new E flite airliner, it made all of 2 circuts before either a motor or esc let loose. He managed a great save as it doesn't fly well at all on one motor or glide worth a darn.

Not taking the hint, I took off in the Magister, Flight was great till on final. Nose wheel decided it was landing before the rest of the plane. It just fell off. I made another circut, and made a tail dragger landing to keep from flipping it.

Gave up for Saturday. Saturday night we got hit with monsoon rains and hurricane winds.

Sunday was no better for either of us, only good thing was Bill got best of show for his .60 Waco. Limbo contest was just another round of Murphy for both of us. He pancaked his Stryker in. And I managed to, in order, first have the rubber bands let go on the wing of the Slow Stick, got a retry, and had first a no power launch, followed by a prop launch with propsaver attached.

We figured it was time by then, no use risking anything else. We stayed for the raffle, as we figured we had a pretty good shot. 50 prizes, 14 fliers. Bill's son won a $25.00 gift certificate to local hobby shop. Does him a lot of good, they live in Virginia. Bill won a 2008 aircraft calendar, hey it's good for 6 months yet.

Oh and your's truly, who had two tickets as I signed up for both days, I didn't win a stinking thing. [:@]

Must be new math but it seemed other then Bill's two wins, the club members walked away with everything.

Only real highlight of the whole show. One of the pilots got bored Sunday morning, so he went home, hopped in his real Cub. Did a fly by of the field, into a loop, then vertical into a stall, followed by a spin like the old WWI planes did in the movies. Pulled out at about 100 feet and flew home. Seems his Cub is set up for acrobatics, as he used to perform with it in traveling airshows.

Well that was it for me. Loaded everything back in the van, and came home. Spent a grand total of just under $19.00 the whole time I was there, and $7.00 was for signing up.

PUTZ / Terry, kinda glad you didn't make the trip. [&:]
Old 06-22-2008, 08:01 PM
export!

Had some fun flying finally. Got a friend to take the sticks on the Slow Stick once I had it up there. He was a natural. Flew the Hyper Flea around a bit and had a few forced landings - lol. The good thing is it's so light that it's really hard to do and damage. Then flew the MSC Unique for a few batteries. Got it too far away, lost orientation and then recovered.

Then flew it right into the top of a pine tree. Drove over to my buddy's house and picked up a pool skimmer pole. Leaned a picnic table against the tree to get started and climbed way way too high and knocked the plane loose - absolutely no damage - unbelievable.

Good Times.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:27 PM
Airbourne in Japan

sounds like some good flying going on !! i had a session this morning, 6 planes, all flew, all came home in one piece. wind was 5mph for the first flight, 8-10mph for the next 4 and nothing for the last flight. first off was the hyperion epp 3d profile sniper. had a good time with this, it's quite good for knife edges.

then the maiden of my new texan. took off fine and quite fast on it's 150 watts, but tailheavy suprisingly. i got it trimmed out and did a few basic aerobatics, but after about 5 minutes it must have stalled because it nosed down out of control, so i cut power and it had a soft landing in the jungle, no damage. i took the 3/4 oz of lead off the tail and launched it again and it was much better. handled the wind quite well, just a little skittish. anyway a good addition to the fleet.

then the first flight this year of the ultrafly su27 pusher. this is a fun flier, quite big and fast downwind. not really aerobatic, but i like the occasional fly with it. lands very nicely.

then the art tech edge. a little bit windy for a lot of aerobatics, i wanted to try knife edges with it as the a.t. yak 54 was very good last time i flew it , but didn't really succeed with it today. anyway a good plane and a snap at $100 pnp.

then the hyperion 900mm extra. another solid and excellent aerobat from hyperion, good in wind and quite fast on 200 watts, orientation is very good due to the colour scheme. didn't really do anything adventerous again as it was a bit windy, hope to do a lot of flying with these 3 900mm hyperions i've got and slowly improve my aerobatics with them.

finished off with the ms composits epp profile me109. just a cheap fun flier, kept it at WOT as it's quite slow, but very responsive. looks nice on passes due to the artwork, but i wouldn't get another profile warbird.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:28 PM
Stingray69

Somewhere along the line Mr Murphy snuck in too.

absolutely no damage - unbelievable.

Score

Axis 1

Allied 0

Old 06-22-2008, 09:57 PM
NorfolkSouthern

Not sure if I should, but I'll quote the exact words from the moderator who removed Part III of the Twist thread:

The part III section has been moved to RCU's containment thread section. That removes the content from member access to perserve the content. The thread had not only become huge, but it has also been abused with posts that boasted of chugging Old Grand Dad in the morning for fun. And posts that were albums of Soap Box Derby track pictures shared space with discussions of "how to buy a house" and how much houses should sell for. It was really not about the Twist any more. And the guys who abused the rules saw fit to ignore requests to follow the rules and continued screwing the thread. So it's now filed away where RCU can use the content later if needed.
When a thread gets to be hundreds of pages long with many off-topic posts towards the end, eventually it's no longer related to the original topic. I believe that this is exactly how the moderators took it, and their only option was to remove the whole thread from public view rather than wade through thousands of posts in an attempt to salvage or fix it. One of the biggest problems I see with threads like this, is when I try doing research on a specific topic. For example: while researching the flight characteristics of the Lanier Citabria, I instead run into "The Badius Owner's Club" which is entirely and completely unrelated to what I'm looking for. Fact is, I have absolutely no interest in the Accipitor Badius (or however it's spelled) so any information related to it would be totally useless to me. All I know, is that I can't access the info I'm specifically trying to find because it gets obscured by a huge thread that's over 500 pages long. I am sure there are many others who feel the same way. So now, rather than mine for specific information in a lengthy thread I have to search for much smaller ones that may have considerably less detail.

Enjoy your thread, people. Hopefully, it won't end up next in line...

NorfolkSouthern

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.