Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Hobbico FlyZone Cessna 182 Skylane EP RTF

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Hobbico FlyZone Cessna 182 Skylane EP RTF

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 10:22 AM
Dai Phan
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hobbico FlyZone Cessna 182 Skylane EP RTF

More...

The price of 250.00 is STEEP!!! I bought it because I have always like the Cessna but this plane is way too expensive considering the Multiplex Magister with way better electronics (HiTec radio and Multiplex servos) with the same price range (and many others). I think 199.00 would do and they really need to have a version without radio. By the time a person get this stage for scale planes, he is already passed the beginner rank and most likely would not use the included radio. DP
Old 02-17-2009, 11:10 AM
Dai Phan

More...

At 250.00 they should include a DX5 radio instead of the cheapo throw away 72 mHz radio. Even the cheap park flyers packages coming out from China start to have 2.4 gig radio. So Flyzone, please repackage your radio or drop the price down to 199.00 to make it more appealing. DP
Old 02-26-2009, 03:19 PM
Dai Phan

Hi all,

This FZ Cessna is identical to the one sold at Hobby City in China for 199.00. It does not have the radio or battery. Consider the shipping cost from China, it makes more sense to buy it here in the US. Looks like FZ repackage other brand into their own. The same is seen on PZ Centurion that is made by Kyosho.

I went flying yesterday and I can tell you this AIN'T for beginner at all, even with someone who can fly the PZ T-28 easily. The plane tends to tip stall if speed is low and you must fly in for landing. It is a fast airplane. DP
Old 04-07-2009, 06:24 PM
amandal4913

i am looking for the flyzone cessa 182 if any one have one for sale please let me no.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:29 PM
jonathanjhl

I agree. I bought one and I really regret it. I should have bought the Parkzone Corsair for $30 more.

The Flyzone Cessna 182 Skylane (47.5" wingspan) is REALLY underpowered and the shaft is the same as the ones on the mini cub! A 2mm threaded shaft, OMG.

Don't buy this plane.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:24 AM
boomer1
My Feedback: (1)

First, I want to thank the author of this review, Greg Covey -as wellfor those that have made their comments. At the time of this post 5-23-11 this plane is now offeredby Tower Hobbies for $129.98 with the membership in their club, you can get it for $110 give or take a buck. From all that I read, this reduced price makes this plane a much better value.

I am curious if Greg ever got the issue with the flaps sorted it out. Having flaps is a nice feature for newer pilots, but not if they cause the plane to mis-handle when they are activated.

This configuration plane shouldn't have any issues with "tip stalling" so the comment on that are a concern, as well gluing the cowl on is not a good idea. Cheap way to go, rather than the right way. Wondering if that has been changed to magnets as they have done on other newer planes. I have to find out.

I like many like the looks of the Cessna 182 Skylane and considering this is "foamie" it looks pretty darn good. I have been looking at the Banana Hobbies 182, which is a tad larger wing span, and more expensive. Having said that, it is bar farthe best looking foamie version of this plane I have seen.

Issues there are, that Banana has mixed reviews on anything to do with service, Tower Hobbies on the other hand, is rock solid on customer service. Always a major factor.

I am not sure yet if either of these planes is for me. The photo Greg provided makse this plane very invititing, and his review contained no deal breakers. Adding that to the current Tower pricing for this bird, I hear it calling to me "buy me, buy me".

I think I will do a little more research before I order one. Again, thank you for your review Greg!

Just for comparison, I posted photos of the Banana Hobbies Cessna and the Tower Hobby plane. What do you think?

Boomer

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	vt57363.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	1613414  
Old 06-14-2011, 10:14 AM
TomCub

Hi all,
Not into forums much, but had to post to this one. I've hadthis Cessna hanging in my shop for 3 months now, all RTF, complete with DX6I, 3 position flaps programed in with the gear and flapswitch, throws and COG checked and double checked and still don't have the guts to put it in the air.
I am new to the hobby, only been flying since September, 50 miles from the nearest field, so no trainer, self-taught...so to speak. I have had several planes, (notice the past tense). Started on a HZ Super Cub soI have more HZ Super cub parts than the LHS ( have spent a ton of money), so for you newbie’s, take these guys advice and get you some help, it will save you some money. Back to the Cessna...
I had the smaller version of this plane from Hobbico/Flyzone and was a really bad experience; however, being new, I thought it was just me, but reading these forums...maybe not. The smaller version seemed extremely under powered, couldn't get it off the ground in 200 ft.. This is what I'm afraid of with this plane, it has to be almost half throttle before it moves on the ground. I'm thinking about propping it up before I try to put it in the air, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. It's really a nice looking plane, has all the bells and whistles...I just hope it flies!
Old 06-27-2011, 07:46 PM
CJpilot316

ORIGINAL: TomCub

Hi all,
Not into forums much, but had to post to this one. I've hadthis Cessna hanging in my shop for 3 months now, all RTF, complete with DX6I, 3 position flaps programed in with the gear and flapswitch, throws and COG checked and double checked and still don't have the guts to put it in the air.
I am new to the hobby, only been flying since September, 50 miles from the nearest field, so no trainer, self-taught...so to speak. I have had several planes, (notice the past tense). Started on a HZ Super Cub soI have more HZ Super cub parts than the LHS ( have spent a ton of money), so for you newbie’s, take these guys advice and get you some help, it will save you some money. Back to the Cessna...
I had the smaller version of this plane from Hobbico/Flyzone and was a really bad experience; however, being new, I thought it was just me, but reading these forums...maybe not. The smaller version seemed extremely under powered, couldn't get it off the ground in 200 ft.. This is what I'm afraid of with this plane, it has to be almost half throttle before it moves on the ground. I'm thinking about propping it up before I try to put it in the air, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. It's really a nice looking plane, has all the bells and whistles...I just hope it flies!
Ifelt the same way about mine...which is why it sat for 4 months before I flew it. It flies really well, but as everybody says, it has a tendency to tip stall, and you have to keep on the rudder all the time. On takeoff, if you dont stay on the rudder, it will get squirelly and kinda swing side to side,which usuallymeans losing control andsmacking it in.Ilearned this all the hard way.

If anybody has one of these that they would like to sell just let me know. Iwant a backup plane on hand. Either that or parts, if anybody has a crashed one.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:56 PM
HANGTIME II

cant seem to find any current conversations on this plane... I have just bought one and so far so good (no crashes) lol. Love the scale look and it handles aerobatics actually quite well for a high wing. Inverted is a breeze and lands well on a dead stick if your runway is short. Just bought some 23 inch floats made for the hobbyzone super cub and in the process of customizing the landing gear to accept them. Anybody flown this plane on floats before and if so was it underpowered with the stock prop. was there a need for a ventral fin for stability. Sorry for not using question marks but when I press the key for it I get this É, have no idea what thats about lol. Cheers to all and hope somebody has tried the floats thing!
Old 04-30-2012, 10:22 PM
HANGTIME II

Tried the floats, all went well, power was adequate but not abundant. I am going to try to get a larger prop that will fit in the factory spinner or look at a more powerful motor. Was able to do a loop but just barely, altogether it was a riot, cant wait to get out the next time.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11218.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	164.3 KB
ID:	1757313   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl28351.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	185.3 KB
ID:	1757314  
Old 06-15-2012, 08:00 AM
Chucksolo69

I just bought the 2.4 ghz version of this plane. From what I have read, there have made improvments to the flying characteristics. I hope so, since this is my first aileron/flaps plane. I am coming from A Hobbyzone Firebird Stratos, Hobbyzone Super Cub and Hobbyzone Champ. I have been practicing on the Cessna 182 plane that is included in my Real Flight 6 sim (gas powered).