Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

MICRO FLYERS AND 72 BAND RADIOS

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

MICRO FLYERS AND 72 BAND RADIOS

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 11:40 PM
Steve Westphal

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MICRO FLYERS AND 72 BAND RADIOS

All of my planes, gas and electric are on 72 band. I would love to find an R/C micro such as a cub or even a warbird that is on 72. I am talking about 18 inch to28 inch wingspan. I keep looking but to no avail. I don't need another transmitter. Seems as though every thing is 2.4 and I would like to stick to the 72. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a 42 inch RTF electric Cessna. It is my first electric plane and it will be a pleasure to see the castor oil residue become history. Oh, I will still fly the gassers(as I have been doing since the old "reed sets and escapements")but am really looking forward to sparkin'. I just love the Sukhoi(parkzone)with ailerons or the little P-51 but can't find anything on 72 Thanks gang!

Steve
Old 03-02-2010, 08:18 AM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MICRO FLYERS AND 72 BAND RADIOS

Maybe you can get a 2.4 module for your radio.
As far as I Know there aren't any 72 micro planes or even Sub Micro Receivers.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:30 AM
tam popo

Steve, it depends on what you term 'sub' and micro? Wheelnut is right, I don't nkow of any off the shelf, but the alternative could be this:
Look at planes in the w/span you want, ranging from EPP or Depron built (there are warbird models as well). Then total the weights (in grams) of the components: eg: RX 10grm, b/less motor 5 grm, 2-cell lipo 30 grms (?), esc 10grm, servo 3 grms etc. These weaights are the smallest you might find at a reasonable price, and based on 72mhz not 2,4.
Put it all together and you might end up witha really nice plane of your choice - the downside is you will need some building experience or kit-building knowhow. Thats my 2-cents, hope it helps and good luck pal....
Oh, and son't discount the Silverlit/ AeroHog type planes...there's loads out there and off-the-shelf. They are not toys, some fly brilliantlt and can be modded if you want. Palm Z and AeroHogs are a good start .... and cheap!!!!!
Old 03-03-2010, 11:01 AM
tam popo

Steve, I think I've found what you are after, a warbird and you could have it on 72, and its only 15in w/span....check it out...

http://robotbirds.com/catalog/produc...oducts_id=4330

OK, its a UK shop but Techone is a good make for EPP planes, there must be some somewhere in that big US of A.....check out the price as well....

Old 03-03-2010, 05:31 PM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

Here is a couple
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbyking/s...w/_Motor_&_ESC