RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/park-flyers-backyard-flyers-148/)
-   -   Badius Owners Club III (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/park-flyers-backyard-flyers-148/6371525-badius-owners-club-iii.html)

Loubud 02-20-2008 10:45 PM

RE: Badius Owners Club III

Fern,
New foam, old foam, not the problem. Foam takes decades to "expire".

ktaylor 02-20-2008 10:53 PM

ORIGINAL: Loubud

Fern,
New foam, old foam, not the problem. Foam takes decades to "expire".

Yeah, Lou would know, he's been around long enough to see it happen.

Loubud 02-20-2008 11:03 PM

Hey. Wait one second here.
I am NOT as old as dirt. I just don't bath often.[X(]

calvino 02-20-2008 11:14 PM

ORIGINAL: tam popo

Calvino - don't you think those 2200 3S lipos are overkill? A bit big and heavy if you ask me, maybe 1700 3S at most or even 1700 2S (nice and light, long times, cheap). because b/less motors are more efficient you could mnge on 2S packs with a 3S for some exotic flying. Just my thoughts based on my SS etc.
ha, just like on Mythbusters, IF IT IS WORTH DOIN, IT IS WORTH GETTIN A HUGE CAP LIPO, ya, I have been thinkin about it, my only fear is I get to light of a lipo/low capacity, and I end up gettin "bitten in the end" since I would have to get another...... you get the clue, er, I glued up the busted up gearbox, er, I maybe lookin at the gearbox ya got Lou:D, cause I can't wait for my order from China to take a while:eek:

calvino 02-20-2008 11:20 PM

ORIGINAL: TerryE
Cal: I placed an order on Feb 2 with Hobby City (and paid)... STILL has not shipped [:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(]
ok, that IS NOT COOL, er, if I got it from Tower $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ flyin out of my account, er, spent a ton of $$$$ allready on stuff, er, were the things you ordered IN STOCK, thanks for the links Ktaylor, dangit, both are OUT OF STOCK:(, that stinks big time, since i want some SX for maybe some robotics projects.......

ktaylor 02-20-2008 11:20 PM

Lou, No comment,,;)

So while I have been doing my best to keep Liz comfortable I have been cycling one of my 1350 3 cell packs from bidproducts. Did a discharge on it yesterday, it pulled out about 580 mah. Did a balancing recharge & it put about 750 back in. Discharged again tonight, pulled out 764. It's still on the charger doing the balance charge, but it's already put 885 back in at last check, with the cells reading 4.19v, 4.2v & 4.19v Hmm, I wonder if it will bring the pack back to life. If so, I have about 7 of these packs I cn play with & see if I can revive them.

Edit: so far I am sold on this charger, and if finances allow I'll be getting a second one before the fly-in. http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=5548

FERNDALE AIR FORCE 02-20-2008 11:22 PM

No, the design has the foam getting beaten to a pulp. I just realized that the "gentleman" in question made my e-mail account clickable. That is just wrong. He hid the name, but it is clickable. RCU has it but nothing so far. And Yeah that caused me to send a po'd email to him. Advising him to check with counsel on the brilliance of sending CS email on threads with clickable links to the person that wrote the complaint/warning e-mail. I was ok with this bs before I realized he opened that account to the world. That seems like payback of some sort. Or blatant stupidity.

I have been watching the eclipse as well, really cool.

ktaylor 02-20-2008 11:22 PM

Cal, I don't even remember what I posted a link to, but you're welcome.

FERNDALE AIR FORCE 02-20-2008 11:42 PM

For everyone wondering whats up in China. According to our guy in China rep's might showing up this week. But the factories and plants won't go to work until the 22nd. So figure a backlog. It's a pain in the arse, but you have the traditional lunar new years and then the communist "workers day(s)". I hope that makes sense to our younger buyers of UH stuff. Anyway, it will ship in a week or so.

The eclipse is way cool.

Tim

calvino 02-20-2008 11:46 PM

ORIGINAL: FERNDALE AIR FORCE

For everyone wondering whats up in China. According to our guy in China rep's might showing up this week. But the factories and plants won't go to work until the 22nd. So figure a backlog. It's a pain in the arse, but you have the traditional lunar new years and then the communist "workers day(s)". I hope that makes sense to our younger buyers of UH stuff. Anyway, it will ship in a week or so.

The eclipse is way cool.

Tim
thanks tim, ok, ya, guess i better get it on order NOW, lol, then get the gearbox from lou, eh, lou, get my PM:D

ktaylor 02-21-2008 12:00 AM

Final balance charge on the lipo, 991 mah went in. All cells balanced. I like that charger. Gonna try out another cycle tomorrow & see where it ends up at. Then from there I'll hook it up & see if it can sustain a discharge of 10 amps. They've been dying off at 6 amps. Now to find a power supply for it that I can just plug into the wall, needs to have a 5 amp 12v output. Right now instead of having to go back through my hobby room & plug into the power supply I'm using I've been using those 7 amp hour 12 sealed lead acid batteries that I bought & am just topping them off occasionally with the 12 charger. Kind of nice this way, cause I can set up the battery,charger & lipo where ever I'm gonna be at for a while so I can keep a close eye on it.

export! 02-21-2008 01:24 AM

Got the car going. I never knew there were other uses for a vacuum pump.....

The fuel filter/water separator had definitely gelled up in the cold. I put a new battery in while I was at it. The original one was OK but a little tired. Maybe I can use it for RC stuff - field charger power?

Oh ya ... looks like I'll be in FLA next week. Brad - I'm up for hire if you want me to spy on Ray. Shhhh......

calvino 02-21-2008 01:33 AM

okie dokie, got my list of stuff to get on order, er, tell me if there is anythin good, bad...

Your cart contains;

23 TPC>5-2-1047 - TowerPro BM2410-9T / 18A BEC/ 1047 Prop Combo $15.95 127g X

92 TPC>6-1-9x6 - TowerPro BM2409-12T / 25A BEC/ 9x6 Prop Combo $19.95 127g X

84 STICKMOUNT20 - HXT Alloy Composite Stick Mount 20mm $2.50 34g X

913 AM1033A - Deans Style T-Connectors 10 Pairs (20pc) $6.55 51g X

106 LP20-2250-3 - LM Loong max 2250 3S1P 20C Lipo pack $25.95 229g X

2038 HXT900 - HXT900 9g / 1.6kg / .12sec Micro Servo $21.90 114g X

Total: $92.80 682g

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________
ok, there you go, def want some of z sx, lol, ah, maybe get a few more:D, good ratin, UBER CHEAP!!!!!!!!!!!

Airbourne in Japan 02-21-2008 03:02 AM

hey AJ, i just ordered the raptor twin d/f. should have it built by the end of april at the latest. and Bill, just ordered the belt heli. this time i'm definately gonna get hovering down pat.

BaldEagel 02-21-2008 06:05 AM

Nflyer

No offence meant on the ignor remark, just a bit of banta.

Ken

Sorry to hear the news keep your chin up and give Liz a hug from me.

Terry

I am biased, having flown a full size Augusta its like a little rocket ship, supprisingly small for a twin engine, the only thing faster in commercial terms is the Hughs 500E, but that has not got the comfort or capacity of the Auguasta, only way to go in my opinion.

Well all you lot, I have to get up early in the morning 0300, (gives me a chance to hate Guns longer :D) to get my flight to Lapland from Heathrow, will post some pics when I get back, hoping for clear sky's, I am off to pack my thermals and logging off, have a good week-end chaps.

Mike

AJ1202 02-21-2008 06:33 AM

Doug which F-22 did you order, cool I'm looking forward to seeing it. I really like the F-22

Ken does that charger only do 1 batt at a time or can it do more, looks like a nice charger

tam popo 02-21-2008 06:54 AM

Got a problem guys - When anyone posts on RCU on my usual threads I get an RCU notification in my INBOX - well I'm not getting any at all, either from this thread or ANY RCU thread. What up, whats wrong, what have I done to make this happen? Please help, I'm missing Pappy......

five-string 02-21-2008 06:59 AM

Kenneth,

My wifey and I went through what you and Liz are experiencing ('cept it was our own), our first pregnancy. Some dark days there. Our thoughts are with you both.

Do you need a 12V power supply. Say the word and one will be on the way today.

Scott, are you available for some flying in Florida???????? Bring that Mugi!!

gunfighterII 02-21-2008 07:09 AM

Tam,
I think I would be happy about that, your inbox has to be awful crowded if your subscribing to this thread.:):)

Ken,
You need one of Mark's power supplies, 18 amp, works flawlessly.

A little note on CA I learned from a hobby shop owner years ago.
Do not store your accelerator any where near your CA. just sitting next to the bottle will degrade the CA's shelf life.

Stingray69 02-21-2008 07:53 AM

Do not store your accelerator any where near your CA. just sitting next to the bottle will degrade the CA's shelf life.
Doesn't apply to Ken. He goes through a bottle per weekend.

Scott. Let us know more about your FL trip. I need notice.... so I can strip my top secret offense and defensive systems off the the planes. (if there's a chance your in the area and free to go fly something)

ktaylor 02-21-2008 08:26 AM

Ray, that's only when I do have the opportunity to fly my planes.

Mark,, sounds good. No hurry though. Thanks.

AJ, it only does one pack at a time, but there is this adapter I can buy that will allow me to charge two 3 cell packs at the same time, it tricks the charger into thinking it is a 6 cell pack.
I have the link someplace. http://www.rcaccessory.com/index.asp...ROD&ProdID=340

Airbourne in Japan 02-21-2008 08:30 AM

AJ, i bought the sapac one, it's already pained and the fus is nearly finished with motors and fans, but needs the rest of the electrics and the wing and tail feathers putting on http://www.rc-warbirds.com/product_i...roducts_id/657

export! 02-21-2008 09:14 AM

It's OK Ray - I've pledged allegiance to team Pappy. I'll submit a false report to Brad. Actually I've already prepared it;

"Much ado about nothing."

Hehe. Can't wait for the shock and awe.

FERNDALE AIR FORCE 02-21-2008 09:29 AM

here's a fun story for the morning, http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl.../MNABV5PP3.DTL

Tim

AJ1202 02-21-2008 09:49 AM

Doug that looks nice, you know for that price you could have bought the Walkera F-22
it has a 45" WS comes with the BL motors and is EPP foam
I hope this one is a good flyer, it sure looks good in the pic