RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/park-flyers-backyard-flyers-148/)
-   -   Badius Owners Club III (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/park-flyers-backyard-flyers-148/6371525-badius-owners-club-iii.html)

gunfighterII 02-05-2008 04:22 PM

RE: Badius Owners Club III

Ray,
Good flying, I see you have the 117 up to about 42 mph now!:D:D

I don't think Lou-Lou can fly that slow in a dogfight.:):);)

UH order arrived today.:D:D:D:D

Tower order arrived today.:D:D:D:D

Stingray69 02-05-2008 04:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Mac,

The rockets I mount will do 342 fps

Here's some still shots another guy at the field took of the 117.

AJ1202 02-05-2008 04:55 PM

Hey Lou, how you doing, you been kinda quite lately

Welcome to the madness Blue,,, hang around a while

What is this about Mark having to be moving the week of the fly-in [>:] This will never do
Mark,,, say it ain't so :(

Take over my fleet [X(] Oh carp I never saw that coming,,, what have I done

CaptainRandy 02-05-2008 05:07 PM

Mike,

ROFLMAO[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]

Sray,

Sure glad you're on my team with that bad boy:D

Hobby City sent me a refund for the order that was lost. Now have to re order:D

Phil,

Who was it that did the SS in the RW & B scheme? Could I send you some $ for the decals like that? I got a new set of tail feathers for my SS, and I would like to do them up RW & B with stars. I still have the bird feathers in it.

Glacier Girl 02-05-2008 05:16 PM

Pappy, just remember they are closing up for Chin Ho New Years. It's going to be a while before they are processing any more orders.

gunfighterII 02-05-2008 06:32 PM

Pappy,
I see the Gloster has a bid.:D:D

dblbgyblues 02-05-2008 08:11 PM

THANKS GLACIER GIRL!

I have a slow stick and I am not sure of the dualsky motor now but that doesnt matter....it fell apart today. lol It was a cheap one....I am thinking the ESC is a decent one....I know what to look for now with matching numbers on the ESC to make sure it can handle it. I have a 1000 mah li po 11v. I am just looking for a decent brushless that will allow me to vertical climb and do some easy tricks. SOOOO does anyone have any suggestions off that? I have learned so much here already so thanks for the help everyone! As far as the dwarfs...lol thats my step daughter who is in love with this stuff and is basically why I am doing it and the nieghborhodd kids think it is cool too......lol I gotta be careful that they don't get quick and catch the planes. [sm=lol.gif]

dblbgyblues 02-05-2008 08:13 PM

kick ass stingray! That looks cool as hell man!

buzzbait00 02-05-2008 08:41 PM

Hello everybody!
Im putting a 2410-12d on a SS.Im looking for ideas on a prop.2c lipo at first then might move up to a 3c .

Stingray69 02-05-2008 08:43 PM

Thanks DblBgy and welcome to the forum.

The F117 will be going up north this summer to take care of some business. Long story.

I use this on my SS and it's my favorite with an APC 10x3.8 Slow Flyer prop.

https://www.hobbycity.com/UNITEDHOBB...idProduct=4700

It would take a while for you to get it being the Chinese NY is in full swing.

If your in a hurry this would be my next choice using a 9x3.8 APC Slow Flyer prop

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/brushless-skatty.htm

FERNDALE AIR FORCE 02-05-2008 08:43 PM

Blues, have you found Hobby City? The odds are that in a month I'd stock most of what you need. A 2410-08 motor/esc/prop combo. Actually I have a couple but I have not set up a pricing structure yet. Let me think about it. Or just order one from Hobby City. February is a sketchy time to deal with China though. They basically take the month off. My price will be more than buying direct from Hobby City. All I can offer is that it is in the US already. Here's the combo http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=4854 . I have to say that what I want to do is just send it to you[X(]. But, shoot, I'll ponder this.

Flight report, I flew 4 batteries through the cessna and realized how bad some of my little batteries might be. I started with a new battery and went backwards from there. It appears that I should buy another new battery, maybe 2[>:][>:], the things are $10 at the lhs, $8 at Horizon but shipping eats the difference. I tried to chase some birds but they saw me and took off:D:D. I also kept a lookout for a 117 hunting cessnas.

Terry, there have been several e-mails to Stefan, the download got squared away and the demo time got reset. Is there a list of available models somewhere? Assuming the horizon works, it is non-existant in FMS, I would like to practice on planes I have rather than planes I doubt I'll buy.

Tim

tam popo 02-05-2008 09:09 PM

Airborne - getting the wooden stick out is easy, try a Flamethrower!!![:o][&o]

tam popo 02-05-2008 09:27 PM

Hiya DBBlues again!!! I've been using E-Max motors exclusively over here but only cos their cheap and versatile (powerful too). I prefer any motor that has the round backplate eg: TowerPro, E-Max, Hi-Model etc and a few others. The reason is you can mount them to a GWS motor mount and build in a bit of downthrust if you want to and then fit the plastic mount to the 10mm square fuse - easy. What you need is any motor in the 80W to 150W range with about 1200 to 2000Kv. Some here might disagree but who the f.... cares!!! Just joking guys, honest:D You can then use stronger APC type slow flyer props if you want or even a folding prop. here's the motors I use, you can change them by undoing 2 allen screws on the back plate and put in a different one in 1 minute.... http://robotbirds.com/catalog/produc...oducts_id=2003
Guys: Got a new extra p/t job!! Don't laugh, its a Mystery Shopper, first assignment tomorrow, £10 per visit, £3 per phone call......Byeee....

Airbourne in Japan 02-05-2008 09:29 PM

thanks Tam. by the way, you can call me Doug.

well it's 11.30 am, the tp 25 amp esc is soldered up, went really easily today. the me109 is ready for doing. 30 minutes teaching 5 year olds, or rather keeping them amused, is done. got back at 10.45 am and the post office came round at 11, perfect timing, with my spares from tower and fan adapters from warbirds rc. fantastic. i've got 4 hours until the next 5 year olds' English lesson, so i'm getting going on the build before i change my mind and drink sake and have a sleep.:D:D:D

tam popo 02-05-2008 09:34 PM

Doug, thanks for the wake-up call, I didn't realise it was that late (02:30), work in morning, Mystery stuff afternoon. Gotta go...byeee.....
Oh, my order for a GREY EZ* has gone thru, 2 week wait[>:]

dblbgyblues 02-05-2008 09:37 PM

Thanks for the insight Ferndale and tam popo. I am trying not to get anxious and just jump the gun. I want to fly again bad and the little girl is asking almost every other hour...lol. We are enjoying it and like I said I can't thank you guys enough for the help. I take it that both of these motors you are suggesting can be mounted onto that little grey motor mount? Ferndale I had a motor similar to that one and it was the -12 version instead of the -08. I was using a 1140 prop. Could this have been the problem for not getting up fast and doing vert climbs and all? Too big of a prop?

weeweeboi 02-05-2008 09:47 PM

i am going to change my whole tail part of my plane. my dad has a huge sheet of this plastic stuff and i am going to remake the tai of the plane with this stuff. its the same materials as this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/GWS-Slow-Stick-T...QQcmdZViewItem

nyflyer56 02-05-2008 10:00 PM

Terry,
The amount of work needed to do the stripes only would not be worth doing. It would be easier to mask and paint that part. The stars are no problem.
I thought you wanted maroon and gold?

Doug,
Cut and drill sounds like the way to go on that stick mount.

Pappy,
You want to do just the tail feathers, or the wing also? BB discount will apply.

SRay,
Great pictures, looks awesome!

buzzbait00 02-05-2008 10:12 PM

Sray Thats KEWL[8D]

CaptainRandy 02-05-2008 10:20 PM

Brad,

They sure do take a long holiday, but I think HC is not closed that long, just the factories that they buy from. So if they are OOS on an item when the factories shut down, it will be a while till they get stuff back in stock. Unfortunately they are OOS on some of my items.

I don't need anything in a rush, so I will just wait till they are all back in stock, and the holidays are over.

Mac,

Yippee, a Bid. At least I know it will be sold. Going Box hunting tomorrow, after I give Platelets in the morning.

Phil,

The BB who did his SS, wasn't it the whole plane? How much for the whole set? Are they hard to apply to the wing, with all the curves?

Who was it that did the whole plane?

Airbourne in Japan 02-05-2008 10:32 PM

me109 build going well, 1 hour now and just gotta wait for the epoxy to dry for the wing/fus join. then add the elevator servo and connect it and the aileron servo and put the motor in and balance it. shooting for a 1pm finish, 30 more minutes. that's not bad, 1 1/2 hour build

FERNDALE AIR FORCE 02-05-2008 11:10 PM

Blues, if you have/had the 600kv version of the 2410-12, yep that could be the problem. On that motor the prop is really easy to turn by hand. When ordering there is no marker up front that you are getting a really slow motor. I fly my SS on a 2408-21, or a BP-21. I have lost the floating characteristics, but in tandem with big, fast, strong servos the plane is much fun.

Randy, that's Terry's SS.

Terry, the niftiest scheme for the t-rex is a series of "yellow ribbons" that at 10' look like camo, but in each loop say things like "Ooh Rah Marine" , "HooAah. Soldier", I'll stop there, I wil surely annoy someone if I keep going. But the inter woven ribons would give you a nifty scheme, with or with out slogans. Another favorite of mine is "fractoids". Bits of arc that are set up in patterns that fit the area. The correct name is fractels.

Blues, PM me what you want. I'll see what I can do.

Tim

Airbourne in Japan 02-05-2008 11:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
finished bang on time. next build date, friday morning and the ms composits boom 3d epp profile. got a max of 3 hours to do that one in the morning. i think the profile works well on the me109, as it's a boxy type fus anyway

next up gormet fried chicken, new potatoes and carrots, yum yum, i'm hungry:D

calvino 02-05-2008 11:27 PM

ORIGINAL: FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Calvin, I like the Hi-Tec combos. Nice bipe, at 6oz, you won't need much motor.

Tim
thanks Tim, ya prob goin to add a little more to it, maybe a little CF, ya, er, thinkin of usin my 370 from the SS, er, what prop does it take, totally blanked out at my LHS[>:]

export! 02-06-2008 12:54 AM

Lou's doing fine. He's been embroiled in illumination testing. Long story.

You know how Lou likes to test stuff.