Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

Mousse can muffler question

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Mousse can muffler question

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 09:11 PM
mouraneto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mousse can muffler question

Hi

I was reading about this mousse can muffler thats done using the stock engine header (the front part of stock muffler) and a inner tube inside the mousse can as you can see in the following site. http://www.spadtothebone.com/SPAD/M...9/irvine_9.html

Have any of you tried this on a 46 engine such as 46fx or tt46? If so, what were the results? Did it improved engine´s performance? Better response and higher RPMs? What tube lenght you used and what size mousse can?

I really appreciate all inputs.

Thanks a lot
Old 08-13-2003, 03:39 AM
stratcat98

A mousse can muffler is just a lighter muffler that you can tune. Baisically you make it longer for torque or shorter for rpm. They are simple to make as I'm sure you've read. If you have more money than time buy one from the site listed in the post "Mousse Can Muthas". lean out the engine then make the pipe longer and shorter, you should find a sweet spot, too short and your engine will run hot and blow plugs. If you go too far, use a longer coupler. The headers are 25 bucks, the coupler a couple bucks, the mousse can a couple bucks.....not to mention time, just something to think about.
Old 08-13-2003, 04:48 PM
mouraneto

stratcat98

Thanks a lot for your input. However, I have a front piece of my 46FX laying around and was hoping to save a buck in addition to gainning some extra power.
Hence ill place the same question, do there mousse can muffler using the front poart of stock muffler really work?

Thanks
Old 08-14-2003, 03:04 AM
stratcat98

Sorry,
I should have read more carefully. The principle of being able to tune your muffler works, as long as you can change the size of the muffler. Not much help.....
Old 08-14-2003, 11:13 AM
Ed_Moorman
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tuned Mufflers

Check the Performance Specialties or Jett Engineering sites. Their tuned mufflers look just like regular mufflers, but a little longer. Either will add considerable rpm.