Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

Has anyone owned/flown the...

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Has anyone owned/flown the...

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2004, 09:12 AM
fireman7875
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone owned/flown the...

Goldberg Extreme Edge 540? At least, I think that's what it's called. I am looking for a profile that would be a good candidate for a Saito .72. I don't do any competition aerobatics or anything, just fly for fun. I would like to try some 3D stuff though. How does it perform? I noticed the rudder and elevator servos are in the tail. Is there any problem with exhaust and oil blowing all over them? What other profiles would perform well with this engine?

Thanks
Old 04-20-2004, 09:55 AM
Quicker

Default RE: Has anyone owned/flown the...

Pretty much any of them will run the SAITO 72. If you can put a 46 2stroke on it you can put the 72 4 stroke on it. A large % of the profiles on the market now have the servos exposed in the tail. Don't hear much about problems. I try to keep the top of the servo on the opposite side of the muffler.
Old 04-20-2004, 09:57 AM
Ed_Moorman
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am running a Goldberg Extreme 330 with a Saito .91 and it is an excellent flier. The Goldberg profiles can tend to be slightly tail heavy with a .46, especially if you use 2-2.5 ounce servos in the rear. I am using full size digitals so I went with the .91 which runs about 3 ounces heavier than a .46. My .72 is an ounce heavier.

For sport flying, I would mount the engine forward on the mount and use fairly light servos in the rear. Hitech 225 MGs are in the 1 oz range and others are 1.5 oz. I would not add an aftermarket tailwheel as some people do, but keep everything very light in the tail. Keep your control throws small to start with and it will be a great airplane. I would also recommend exponential if your radio has it.

It does all the 3D stuff, although it isn't as light as a Burrito, for example. The blender to a climbing, inverted flat spin is great.
Old 04-20-2004, 10:06 AM
SMALLFLY-
My Feedback: (19)

http://www.extremeflightrc.com/backu...EdgeFunFly.htm

It's cheaper, It's lighter and flies great, do a search. perfect with a saito 72
Old 04-20-2004, 10:12 AM
Quicker

Oh, geeze....I didn't even look at the prices of those CG profiles. Yep, go for the EF Edge 540. EXCELLENT plane, high quality ARF, and it's cheaper! I love mine.
Old 04-20-2004, 10:25 AM
irishcarbomb
My Feedback: (4)

Totally agree with smallfly...Extreme Flight Edge, can't beat it....
Old 04-20-2004, 12:31 PM
PaulSwany
My Feedback: (45)

I just flew the Extream Flight Edge 540 yesterday.... Loved it!! It had an Irvine .53 on it.. and it was a great flyer!! I've got one I'm going to put together and I'll be using a Saito .72 on it.
Old 04-20-2004, 07:10 PM
fireman7875
My Feedback: (7)

Hey guys. WOW! Thanks for so much feedback so quickly! That Edge 540T Fun Fly does look good and a good price. That will be under consideration as well. Thanks again!
Old 04-20-2004, 07:51 PM
Kenny R

I, have flown 3 of them (extreme flight edge)and they all flew great. I liked the one with the saito the best