Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

THE OMP KATANA ARF's HERE!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

THE OMP KATANA ARF's HERE!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 11:22 PM
TailTwister
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: THE OMP KATANA ARF's HERE!!!!

I've got to settle for a YS 91 FZ in mine. I guess I'd better start to save up for a Yak.

You posted that the new Yaks are due in September, I think. Are the new ARFs before that?
Old 08-06-2004, 07:18 AM
AFSalmon
My Feedback: (3)

The new 65" Yak, 79" Yak, and 80" Edge profiles will be arriving hopefully late Sep. All have even more improvements from the previous verisons including stronger wing to fuselage attachments. Plus we've installed helium tanks in the wings so you can make them even lighter and hover nose down! LOL See what happens when an engineer gets bored on a Friday morning. These new ARFS all have new color schemes designed by Pro Bros so they will be truly awesome. We'll get pictures as soon as the manufacturer begins covereing. Oh and John, Dion, and I all see the same emails on our website so when Dion says we never got emails, that means none of us did. But we all make it better now.
Old 08-06-2004, 08:33 AM
TailTwister

A 65 inch Yak ARF this year? Heck, I think I got something in my eye...
Old 08-06-2004, 09:20 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

There will be a new 65" Yak ARF page coming and that's where the signup form will be.
Old 08-06-2004, 09:55 AM
PlanePlanter
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: STLPilot

There will be a new 65" Yak ARF page coming and that's where the signup form will be.
SSSHHHHHWWWWIIIIINNNNNGGGGGGG
Old 08-06-2004, 10:16 AM
TailTwister

I don't suppose there is a price on that one yet???
Old 08-06-2004, 10:28 AM
Quicker

You trying to get Dion fired?
Old 08-06-2004, 10:44 AM
TailTwister

Sorry Dion... [&o]
Old 08-06-2004, 11:32 AM
Razorback58
My Feedback: (8)

OK, I'll get on the bandwagon! 65" Yak ARF???????? SWEEEEETTTTTTT!!!!!
Old 08-06-2004, 11:47 AM
3d-aholic
My Feedback: (7)

I may want one of these instead of the Katana....

Will a .91 2 stroke work on this?
Old 08-06-2004, 12:19 PM
buildflycrash

I had my mind made up. Now look what you went and did! I perfer not to build if I don't have to. SOO Hummm, what to do? I do need a new plane, but it is only a few weeks away.
Dion , don't look for me to call I will have to mull it over.
Scott B
Old 08-07-2004, 10:57 AM
STLPilot

ORIGINAL: TailTwister
We don't have the final price yet. However here's the trim scheme (Gator). Of course this is going to be a profile. We also have a new trim scheme on the 80" Edge as well. Also a few improvements on the 80" Edge.

Signup lists will be Monday on the site. That will get you on the notification list for pre-orders. Pre-orders begin when they are within 3 weeks of arrival. We really don't like to take the money until we know 100% that they are loaded up on the boat.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82929.gif
Views:	10
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	161433  
Old 08-08-2004, 12:35 AM
seanychen
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: STLPilot

ORIGINAL: TailTwister
We don't have the final price yet. However here's the trim scheme (Gator). Of course this is going to be a profile. We also have a new trim scheme on the 80" Edge as well. Also a few improvements on the 80" Edge.
loaded up on the boat.
What's the improvement on the 80" Edge? I bought the first batch GS Edge-P ARF, but haven't built it yet. Is there any improvement I can implement myself while building? Thanks.
Old 08-08-2004, 07:34 PM
bullet65

i have a question for all you omp people out there.i just crashed my sig se due to tx going out.i have found a new tx but would like to know if omp has any arf for a saito .91 as that is the engine that was in the se.thanks for any replies and im not wanting to take over a thread so 1 or 2 replies i would thank you for
Old 12-23-2004, 10:10 PM
regets ama
My Feedback: (4)

you seem to be the authority on the Accel Katana gs40, we rookies appreciate experiened knowledge.
i just purchaced this item and it really has a nice appearance, can't wait for the holidays to pass to get started on the build.
first, i see where the manual calls for the cg to be at 100mm yet most of you have recommended 135mm. best at 135mm for first time 3d flyer? all of my flying has been scale stuff,,,,,,,,
secondly, i am going with an OS 70 four stroke, any thoughts on Prop or compatabilty with the Katana,,,,,,,
third, is there a great throttle servo as a best choice, the OS throttle lever will be located above the engine, just put a bend in the linkage to get a straight shot,,,?
fourth, if i go with a 6v reciever battery, will the standard futaba s3004 work well enough,,,,,?since my flight pack had 4 servos, i will be buying the 5th (servo or strong elevator?)

i appreciate your thoughts!
Old 12-24-2004, 09:21 AM
STLPilot

i have found a new tx but would like to know if omp has any arf for a saito .91
Sure the Katana ARF will work for Saito .91. Why not! I've got .72 on mine, but heck, I'd take more!
Old 12-24-2004, 09:24 AM
STLPilot

ORIGINAL: regets ama

you seem to be the authority on the Accel Katana gs40, we rookies appreciate experiened knowledge.
i just purchaced this item and it really has a nice appearance, can't wait for the holidays to pass to get started on the build.
first, i see where the manual calls for the cg to be at 100mm yet most of you have recommended 135mm. best at 135mm for first time 3d flyer? all of my flying has been scale stuff,,,,,,,,
secondly, i am going with an OS 70 four stroke, any thoughts on Prop or compatabilty with the Katana,,,,,,,
third, is there a great throttle servo as a best choice, the OS throttle lever will be located above the engine, just put a bend in the linkage to get a straight shot,,,?
fourth, if i go with a 6v reciever battery, will the standard futaba s3004 work well enough,,,,,?since my flight pack had 4 servos, i will be buying the 5th (servo or strong elevator?)

i appreciate your thoughts!
Set the CG at 135. The manual is for the 1st version and it's wrong.

OS 70 4S is perfect motor! Lots have this combo and very happy customers.

Prop on OS 70 is 13x4 APC.

Just use standard on throttle, or micro. But you can't use the stock throttle plugs with micro.

Standards are fine. About 70% of all Katana users are just running standards. If you are going to put the strongest 1 on, put it on the ele. Not that it needs more then standard, it's just for safety and to protect for flutter or just to keep it redundant. The elevator is the only crucial surface.

Thanks!
Old 12-27-2004, 04:16 PM
Crash90
My Feedback: (17)

I just got the NEW Katana ARf for christmas and I have a few questions. I read through the manual twice and either I am missing a few pages or I read a little quickly.
There is nothing in my manual that discusses mounting the tank, installing the engine, or the recommended CG.
I guess that anybody that doesn't know how to mount a tank or install an engine shouldn't be flying a profile so it is no big deal.
However, can anybody tell me where they are balancing theirs? This is the newest version of the ARF. (I guess?)

Anyhow, here is my problem.
I slid the horiz stab/elev into the fuse. Fortunately, I dry fit the vert fin and rudder because the elev sticks about 1/2" out past the TE of the fuse. So, when I try to put the rudder on, there is a huge gap at the rudder hinge.
I enlongated the slot in the fuse about 1/4" but if I slide the stab all the way in, the elev hits the fuse.

Seems to me, unless I'm missing something, that I have to cut the slot in the fuse another 1/2" or so longer then enlarge the V so the elev work. Any suggestions?
I'm sure that this is just a defect in MFG. S^&T happens. I already have the wing glued on. Any suggestions? I can post pics if my description isn't clear.