Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

Which is more capable?

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Which is more capable?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 09:10 PM
dean320
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which is more capable?

Ok, I will start by saying I am looking for facts more than opinions (but those are welcome too). I have narrowed my choices down to an OMP Yak and an EF Edge. I have searched on both planes here and people have almost all positive to say about both. What I am looking for is people who have flown both and can comment on which one seemed more capable of more manuevers. I was told by OMP that the Yak would be capable of more than their 540, but would be be capable of more that the EF 540? At this point, I am leaning towards the Yak because I really want to try an OMP plane, plus Mike has been VERY generous in helping me resolve a problem (caused by me) I had with one of their kits. But I am also completely sold on EF as I have one of their 68" Yaks and it is my favorite plane.
Old 11-11-2004, 04:32 AM
lomcevek1

Default RE: Which is more capable?

To be completely honest all of those planes are more capable than most pilots [8D][:@][8D]
Old 11-11-2004, 06:09 AM
Spacey

Lom actually has a point there
Old 11-11-2004, 08:13 AM
novabill

Buy them both
Old 11-11-2004, 10:11 AM
dean320
My Feedback: (5)

As much as I would like to buy both, that is not an option. I am not trying to sound like a jerk here, but I did not ask for a comparison between the planes and pilots. I posted this question because 99% of the results of my searches had answers like this. And as good of intentions as people have, these answers do not help in this decision.

Is there anyone who has flown both and can comment on the differences? I know they will be close, but there is no way I beleive there are no noticeable differences.
Old 11-11-2004, 12:03 PM
pequeajim
My Feedback: (1)

One thing that may help you in your decision is to ask what each plane's strengths are. Most all planes can 3D very well, but some will do certain maneuvers better than other and visaversa. Then judge what type of 3D flying you like to do and buy the plane that does it the best.

For instance, I keep my Magic around because it is a great flat spinning and hovering plane, but it can't do any knife edge maneuvers. My Extreme Flight Edge Knife Edges all day, KE loops and I enjoy it for that.

Ask the question again in the context of what maneuvers are strong for each plane and see if that helps.

Good luck!

Jim!