Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Futaba super 8 help

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 06:40 PM
rcflyerdave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba super 8 help

I,m not sure where to ask this but I,ll try here.How do you set up two servos on the rudder,one ch.4 master and other 7 slave?I,ve tried 7 or 5 slave.on two different models in radio and every combo I try,I get only small deflection in one direction on servo on slave.I,ve swapped servos and rx.I get full deflection one way and slight movement the other.I have flaps and ailavators on two of the mixes.I,ve tried 2 different mixes.I'm beginning to think my tx is bad.I have to disconnect my linkage from one servo to fly.I,ve also added "link" in the setup ,no change. Someone please set me stright as this problem has become a mission to solve.I hate to go to "y" connectors and try to mechanically balance them. Dave "[email protected] ps.I also have Don Edberg's book on the super 8.
Old 12-03-2004, 06:11 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: Futaba super 8 help

It is really easy.
Set one master, the other slave.
Set the mix to 100% (+ or -)
Turn link on
Turn trim on
Select any switch
Set it to null
You are ready.
Old 12-03-2004, 06:35 PM
basmntdweller
My Feedback: (9)

If I'm not mistaken, you will have to create a mix to cancel the knob for channel 7. That may be why it's only moving a little bit. On one of my planes I have dual elevator servos using channel 7 as the slave. I have both mix percentages set to -100. That reverses the servo. Since you are pairing them for the rudder they will likely both need to go the same direction so your mix percentages should be +100. Both link and trim should be on. On a second mixer, mix channel 7 to channel 7 at -100% both directions. That cancels any effect of the channel 7 knob. It is possible that if you use +100 in the first mix, you may need to use +100 in the second but I don't think so. Both mixes can be set to any switch on the null setting.
Matt
You need the second cancel mix! I did a plane once before I figured it out and nearly lost the plane because I had inadvertantly changed the knob setting. It threw off the elevator travel one direction real bad. Every time I pulled up elevator the plane rolled. I couldn't figure out what was wrong in flight and it was a handful to land.
Old 12-04-2004, 07:32 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

He is right I forgot to mention that, Sorry.
ON the 8U you have to mix off the knobs.
On the 9C, there is a menu item to turn them off or reassign them.
Old 12-04-2004, 11:57 AM
rcflyerdave

WOW! This is what these forums are all about.The above suggestions worked like a charm.It is a wonder that I have not wrecked my omp gasser as I flew it about a dozen times before the rudder servos started buzzing.Not surehow????Both servos are on the rudder with 4 master and 5 slave on #4 mix.#5 mix has 5master &5 Slave nulled out on sw G. Thanks Dave