Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

first fun fly

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2002, 10:07 PM
carletto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default first fun fly

Hello, i'm interest in my first fun fly for learning 3d maneuvers.
Can you give me suggestion.

p.s. i'm loking for 540 profile...
Old 01-13-2002, 11:16 PM
m.gramling
My Feedback: (8)

Default first fun fly

I have never own a Morris kit. But everything I have been told they are good kits. Currently I am flying a super Wasp. It does everthing real well except knife edge. I have never seen the edge fly, but so far it looks like it is going to be a good one as well. the Sig fazer is a good kit, you can modify it and make is a better kit.
I have owned the Sig Something Extra, modified heavily, It was a great sport plane but it isn't a fun flyer at all.
Old 01-14-2002, 12:50 AM
wgeffon
My Feedback: (4)

Default first fun fly

Somebody does make an Edge profile but I am not familiar with it so I will poke around and see if I can come up with a Website for it.

I am a huge fan of the Morris planes. I have had a Fun-design, Su-Do-Khoi ARF and a Top Cap. If you wan to learn 3D on a plane that will do it yet, be trainer like when you screw up get a Morris plane.
I am flying a Top Cap right now with Saito .72 and its UNREAL! It will do anything.
Give consideration to a four cycle for these planes as well. They allow you to swing a larger prop at a lower speed wich IMO is the key to 3D'in these planes. Two cycles will do it but, you have to be turning higher RPM's to develop the power needed for 3D.

I Initially had a Webra .50 2 cycle in my Top Cap. It flew it very well. Then, I flew someones Su-Do-Khoi with YS .63 and was convinced immediately to get a four cycle for it.

Heres my Top Cap.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1000_60.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	1445  
Old 01-15-2002, 05:28 AM
Aerosplat
My Feedback: (12)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 540 Profile

Aces 1 Squadron has the Edge 540 Profile. See it and read reviews at aces1.com . I am building one now. I am almost ready to start covering.
Old 01-15-2002, 01:51 PM
John Wells
My Feedback: (10)

Default First 3-D

Hi Carletto, the Laser 3-D and similar types are excellent for learning 3-D with smaller size. There are ARF's such as the Diablotin that will get you right into that arena. They react a bit slower and less twitchy than the smaller profile models, and that might help your learning curve. Fast servos and lots of surface deflection will help greatly.

John W.
AMA 138744