Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

First flight on the BadBoy!

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

First flight on the BadBoy!

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 05:10 PM
jdp8488
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First flight on the BadBoy!

Well i finally got her in the air. and what a difference in flying compared to other models. the ys 45 really gives it more than enough power with endless vertical. This was the first time i have ever flown a profile. And I dont have a way to check CG except with my fingers holdin the plane up... And when i came in deadstick i can usually glide on down to the ground, well the nose just dropped about 5 ft from the ground. it was goin farely slow, but i figured i had enough airspeed to make it down. is this a sign that the plane is nose heavy? cause the nose just tipped down about 5 ft from the ground. only damage was some bent landing gear and a broken prop. thanks for any help. -justin
Old 12-24-2005, 10:03 PM
dhooks
My Feedback: (24)

Default RE: First flight on the BadBoy!

Im thinking you probably just got to slow. Thats a big old wing an fairly thick an slows down pretty fast.

The BB isnt sensitive to cg at all so if you balanced it where the manual said your in good shape.

Flys nice doesnt it?
Old 12-25-2005, 12:05 AM
jdp8488
My Feedback: (11)

flys excellent. ive never been able to hover an airplane until this one. does it no problem. i am lovin it..
Old 01-04-2006, 06:31 PM
novabill

ORIGINAL: jdp8488

flys excellent. ive never been able to hover an airplane until this one. does it no problem. i am lovin it..
Glad you are enjoying your plane. We are giving away a bad boy in the rename Carolina 3D contest. Go here to check it out

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_37...tm.htm#3731923

Old 01-19-2006, 09:53 AM
dhooks

Hey jd any updates on your plane? Get it all sorted out yet?
Old 01-19-2006, 01:18 PM
Basement Troll
My Feedback: (3)

Hey Hooks, I tested my Bad Boy repair job on Sunday. I was a bit hung over and was hovering low, got a gust of wind that pushed the plane upside down and gave it up instead of down. I had given it throttle so it got about a 5' wide open head start into the turf. I cracked my Graphtech landing gear and a bit of the fuse around the gear, broke a prop but the wings held solid as a rock. I flew 3 more times and just harriered in. I glued the gear and it is great again and cut a section from the bottom of the fuse, hollowed it out and put new balsa in. I glued it, re-covered and it's ready to go again. This plane is very tough. I have dorked it hard, twice now and it still looks and flies like new. I am now way braver with it because I figure it will survive and it isn't perfect anymore so I have the "fly it like you stole it" attitude about now. I have an EF Edge waiting if I wreck it and a Mojo ARF on order so I'll be ok until William gets some more in stock.
Old 01-19-2006, 02:13 PM
dhooks

Its the toughest arf Ive had the pleasure of flying!
Old 01-27-2006, 03:10 PM
novabill

Hey all,

We have announced the new name on the rename Carolina 3D threads.

Go here

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_37..._4/key_/tm.htm

or

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3832308/tm.htm