Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

Setup for "Flat-Out" Extra 300S

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Setup for "Flat-Out" Extra 300S

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 10:35 PM
The_BullPup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Setup for "Flat-Out" Extra 300S

hi, i am purchasing this plane
[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJTK3&P=SD#accneeded]Tower Hobbies-Flatout Extra 330[/link]
And I was wondering what esc, reciever, and servos I should use with the stock motor (a brushed 370, 5:1 gear). How much weight can this thing take?
I have a 3cell 1300mAh lipo, would this be to heavy?
Old 01-12-2006, 10:02 PM
P3RIPPERFW
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Setup for "Flat-Out" Extra 300S

I would run either Futaba 3110 micro servos, or hitec h-55's. Blue bird also has some good servos.

a gsw 4 or 6 channel micro reciever should do the trick just fine. I would go with the 6 channel micro so that if you run a plane with a servo per aileron youll have enough channels, since one of the channels will be your power supply.

Any 10a speed controller for a brushed motor will work as well.

The 1300 mAH battery could be a little heavy. My dad just bought the yak 55 ep flex flight and it uses a 1500 mAH battery....I dont know if the depron foamy will handle that additional weight.

you can check out www.rcgroups.com , www.aeromicro.com , and www.radicalrc.com

Rcgroups is a great forum for questions on electrics and the other two are good places to find electric accesories.