Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

Suggestions for building bigger profile

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Suggestions for building bigger profile

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 06:54 PM
onemorecast
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suggestions for building bigger profile

I bought an older Extra 300 Profile, with 80" wing span, and it has nice laser cut wing ribs. The instructions are sketchy but tolerable. I am to the point of putting in the push rods for the pull/pull and instructions say to drill through the fuse formers and install now after just completing the fuse assembly.

What would be a good thing to do for installation of the servo wires? I would like to almost cut the formers all the way through as the plane is sheeted, but it could lose some strength. Or, I could notch along the sides of the former and leave a gap in the sheeting and then run the servo wires along each side and just put a strip of covering over the gap in the sheeting?

Or, I could install something along side that I could just put the wiring into like a wire harness. Or I could skip the pull/pull and install or make a box for the pull/pull off the servo in the back.

Any suggestion from previous and experienced builders in this area would be appreciated.
Old 01-14-2006, 08:00 AM
John Wells
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: Suggestions for building bigger profile

Can you post some pics of the build or plans?

JW
Old 01-14-2006, 09:21 AM
onemorecast
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: Suggestions for building bigger profile

Sorry, I would have to use my regular camera and get a disc made, etc. The fuse is approx. Formers are 3/4 of an inch thick. The push rods for the pull/pull are supposed to have holes drilled through the rear formers and come out in front of the fuse trailing edge, like most models, and the front of the rods go into the rear of the center wing section which is permanently mounted. The wing ends are mounted with joiners and bolted. The kit is probably 8-9 years old. I know Aero-works has still sells a similar kit but it is an ARF I believe.