Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

Burrito Build Question

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Burrito Build Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 11:25 PM
Klonger
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Burrito Build Question

For all you Burrito Bros out there-Just gettin ready to cover and put together my first Burrito. Do any of you put your throttle servo up front on the fuse like on most of my profiles or is there a good reason I should stick with the directions? Looks like a fun plane-can't wait to compare it with my OMP stuff, Katana, etc.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:54 AM
PaulSwany
My Feedback: (45)

Default RE: Burrito Build Question

It balances better with the throttle servo on the servo rails.... Run a push rod thru the leading edge and you're good to go.
Old 02-06-2006, 10:39 AM
Stargazer
My Feedback: (3)

I aggree with Paul on that servo location - it's a bit of a PITA to fit it in there - make syre to use a mini like the hs 81 or similar, mine balanced on the money with a Saito 72 and evrything else just like Paul designed it! Hey Mr. Swaney, I sent you a PM and an email awhile back - did you not get them ore are you just a busy guy?
Old 02-06-2006, 03:27 PM
PaulSwany

ORIGINAL: Stargazer
Hey Mr. Swaney, I sent you a PM and an email awhile back - did you not get them ore are you just a busy guy?

Sorry bout that... my email server probably rejected them... What can I do for you?
Old 02-07-2006, 01:25 PM
Stargazer
My Feedback: (3)

Well here is the body of the email... Hi Paul, I am finally finishing up a Burrito I bought from you a long time ago, I was wondering if you could recommend some tips on throws and flying. I sorta got distracted from R/C for awhile - I'm just now coming back after about 18 months of not much flying. I can still fly my Ucando fair in circles, I still make a wrong input every now and then when plane is coming toward me (aileron, rudder inputs) and when inverted, just momentary errors, and I correct ok. I don't fly any 3D by RCU standards....What I am wondering is how I should approach flying the Burrito - I equipped it with a Saito 72 and it balances on the spar (with the shear webs) I have about 1.5 " of throws and 50 - 60 % expo so its pretty small throws unless I get over half stick. I will probably fly it in the pattern for awhile but am wondering how to approach more aerobatic routines. I don't have a trainer anymore except I consider the Ucando easier to fly than my trainer. Hope I havent totally confused you, hope you can help me out.... Thanks, Lou BTW- very nice kit and enjoyable build, hope I can have some fun with it soon!
Old 02-07-2006, 03:04 PM
PaulSwany

Sounds like you're on the right track... Sounds like you may have a little too much expo dialed in. When you have too much expo, control tends to feel mushy around center and it's easy to over control. Try dialing it down to around 25% - 30%. Negative for Futaba, positive for JR.

In your journey toward 3d, I'd start out with a harrier. Start out with the plane flying flat and level, then ruduce your throttle untill you're almost at stall speed... Then gradually feed in elevator and throttle to get the nose up. You'll want to start with the nose around 30 degrees. More as you feel comfortable. Steer around with the rudder and use the aileron's to keep the wings level. RC Report has a great column by Ed Moorman in it every month that introduces a new manuever. Check it out.