Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

Finally finished my OMP Ultimate Bipe

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Finally finished my OMP Ultimate Bipe

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 06:49 PM
Just Plane Nuts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally finished my OMP Ultimate Bipe

Just wanted to show off my latest OMP Build. I purchased this Bipe kit last year at the Toledo show and got side tracked on other projects this past summer. Finally this winter I have it built and waiting for some decent weather to fly it. It came out at 6 pounds 15 ounces with an OS .91 FX on it. This thing should be awesome with this engine.
The build went great. With all of the laser cut parts everything went together with out any problems and built fast. Now I guess I will go back to work on my Balsa USA 1/3 scale Cub. After building so many profiles over the course of last year it is hard to enjoy building on my scale projects. It's a shame they don't fall together like the OMP Kits.
Dale
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51900.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	424980   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tp46502.jpg
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	424981   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gl19226.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	424982   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uo36539.jpg
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	424983  
Old 03-13-2006, 02:20 AM
Spacey

Default RE: Finally finished my OMP Ultimate Bipe

She looks great! Sure you're going to enjoy her. You will definitely be surprised by the handling of the Ultimate combined with the awesome capability.
Old 03-13-2006, 08:33 AM
wessco
My Feedback: (7)

I'm trying to finish one up now. I've got everything built except the tail feathers and have since been sidetracked with one of the eBay Pitts. Your plane looks great. I'm going to cover mine in Metalic Charcoal and Pear Copper. What engine and servos are you using?
Old 03-13-2006, 08:34 AM
wessco
My Feedback: (7)

Nevermind on the engine part, I just re-read your original post.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:37 AM
PlanePlanter
My Feedback: (9)

Looks great Dale! Amazing how all of Mikes stuff just falls together huh! I hope to have mine done by the end of the month but it may not happen that quick.
Old 03-13-2006, 10:37 AM
AFSalmon
My Feedback: (3)

Dale, dang you are a quick builder. I remember you just telling me you were going to start this one seems like yesterday! Very nice looking indeed. I like the transparent blue on the wings!
Old 03-13-2006, 10:53 AM
aerofundan

very nice looking plane!!!
Old 03-14-2006, 07:16 PM
closetguy
My Feedback: (13)

PLANE NUTS
i just maiden mine saturday, one nice plane and kit, knife edges are easy just a little pull to canopy with very little rudder in put to hold a 45degree angle, flat spins are great they will be even better less nose wieght sense i switch engines to a SAITO 100 did have OS 91 fx,hovers are easy, way to much power with the OS, i can,'t beleave i just said that,mine wanted to nose over on landings and take off, i change the angle of landing gear to a 90 degree so i don't have to hold a little up elevator, nice plane, don't know way there is not more talk about it or info,does not glide for ever like the OMP 65" yak, but stil easy to land, by the way i have the same covering design but in transparent red and white, this ones a keeper
Old 03-15-2006, 11:28 PM
Just Plane Nuts

Thanks for the comments guy's. I was able to sneek out to the field tonight and get a couple of flights in before dark. Man this thing is sweet. I few clicks of left aileron and it was trimmed. it was pretty windy out but I managed to run it through the wringer and it came back for more... On the second flight I passed the transmitter to my buddy Jeff and let him work it over. Needless to say we both loved how well it fly's. I am looking forward to getting out on Sunday and flying it some more.
Dale
Old 03-16-2006, 02:16 AM
Spacey

Great stuff Dale! Glad the maiden went well but alas I didn't have any doubts! The Ultimate is definitely a keeper in my books and by far the best biplane I have personally ever owned. All this talk about it made me motivated to get mine out for a little strutting session again. I've gotten a little throttle pipe for mine and I'm having trouble with the mounting of the pipe as it keeps slipping back from the header and cutting the motor. I'm an experienced OMP 50" Ultimate deadsticker and it's amazing how well this sucker also glides. Not nearly as far as a mono wing but dang have you guys seen what them fatty bipes does when the noise maker goes quiet?
Old 03-16-2006, 05:14 PM
Bolio

ORIGINAL: Spacey

but dang have you guys seen what them fatty bipes does when the noise maker goes quiet?
Thunk!!!!!!!!!!!!
Saludos