Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

YS Engines back

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 09:03 AM
AFSalmon
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YS Engines back

Well we finally got a bunch of YS 110s in stock and I snagged one for my Fusion! If you want one better hurry to order! Can't wait to try that combo out this season. Have to get some tips from Constrictor though as he's the king of these motors. What kind of tank works best for these engines?
Old 03-16-2006, 09:50 AM
Basement Troll

Default RE: YS Engines back

Hi Mike. I've had very good luck with both DuBro and Hayes tanks. I have a 14 oz Dubro on my OMP Yak and it has been fine. I have 2 different Hayes 16oz tanks on other planes that have worked well. My experience with the 110's, (I have 3), is that you should richen the regulator before you even start to break it in. A good starting place is 3 turns out from closed. That will put the regulator screw a bit higher than flush which is what the instructions say. They are awesome engines. You will be pleased.
Don
Old 03-16-2006, 11:11 AM
AFSalmon

Thanks Don. I asked because I've heard some tanks have split the seam under the extra pressure the YS develops.
Old 03-17-2006, 12:28 AM
majortom-RCU
My Feedback: (40)

I've used Hayes, Dubro, Sullivan, GP and asian ARF tanks with no problem. I would be wary of anything that had a clear molding seam that might split, but I've never seen it happen on my YS 63-91-110-120's.

The recommendation on three turns out on the regulator for the 110 does seem to be important with the 110's. I've run two of them, one tuned up right by the book and runs great, the other tuned up by the book and started dead-sticking on a regular basis after the first ten tanks. It would run great on the ground, but after five minutes in the air it would die when I would try to throttle up from idle on down-lines. I'm told the three-turns-out setting is the fix for this behavior.
Old 03-17-2006, 06:48 AM
depfife
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hayes works great and as a bonus, there is none of that blasted metal tubing to bend.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:41 AM
Constrictor
My Feedback: (46)

Mike, i have 3 YS 110's and i use dubro tanks. Never had to adjust the regulator on any of them ever. Dont screw with it and it will be fine.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:55 AM
AFSalmon

Thanks for the suggestions!