Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

twist 3d 40 balance

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 08:54 PM
faronl_33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default twist 3d 40 balance

hi guys i just got a twist 40 3d arf while building it the book said to mount engine 4.25 in. from firewall but i read on here that it would be tail heavy to move enige forward a little. how far forward do i need to go
thanks
Old 03-25-2006, 05:11 AM
stek79

Default RE: twist 3d 40 balance

Try to assemble the plane with all the equipments in place, then put the engine and see where it has to be in order to get the desired C.G......
Old 04-06-2006, 02:39 PM
jb86
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: twist 3d 40 balance

i got my first twist about 1 1/2 yr ago, my first arf. assembled it as instructed, w/os 46 ax and all standard servos. it was real tail heavy according to the cg recommended. i cut a hole thru the bottom of the fuse under the fuel tank, placed the battery wrapped in 1/4" foam and shoved it in. this also saved valuable room in the radio compartment. i made a 1/16" ply cover to fit the under side of this area and covered w/yellow ultracote. the engine i put as far forward on the mount as possible, then i used 3/8" thick plastic cutting board material cut to fit behind the mount to push it out further w/longer screws. believe it or not, this is what it took to get the cg to the recommended position. after flying, alot, i found that it just would hover or any 3d stuff. i took out the 3/8" plastic, to put the enginemount against the firewall, just by doing that it would stay in a hover and more responsive. it wasn't any more difficult to fly w/ the cg moved back. hope this helps
jon b