Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Profile Gasser?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 06:08 PM
lowpass 202

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Profile Gasser?

Suddebly I have this craving for a big profie funfly[8D]

I was thinking something like the Chip Hyde tunnel vision or the OMP 80" Edge and a suitable gas engine around 30-35cc
Anyone tried this? What would be a good motor choice?
I know of the ROTO 35 but I am unsure of the quallity. The MVVS 26 is too small I think and the 35 Is Heavy, even heavier than the 45.
Then Moki makes a 30cc gasser, any good?
Other possibilities are the radial mounted Zenoah 38 or Fuji 43 but how would you mount them?

All theese questions and no answers, I`m hoping someone will have some thoughts on the subject or even some experience to share
Old 09-07-2006, 09:33 PM
PlanePlanter
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: Profile Gasser?

Ya might wanna check out the "Mother of all profiles" page [link=http://www.ohiomodelplanes.com/moap/]here[/link]
A DA 50 would also be a saweet ride on a Hybrid.
Old 09-08-2006, 02:39 PM
AFSalmon
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Profile Gasser?

80" Edge has been a popular choice for that size engine. The Moki 2.15 has probably been the most popular gas engine for this plane. I think that is 35cc if my memory serves me right.