Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

Mounting Servos in Morris Knife

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Mounting Servos in Morris Knife

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2003, 12:58 AM
caf2461
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mounting Servos in Morris Knife

Is there a trick to doing this so the servos are the right height and line up with the holes in the hatch? I am at the planning stages of installing the servo's, servo tray and rails. I have not mounted any radio gear yet or drilled holes in the hatch. Any advice would be appreciated. thanks
Old 03-31-2003, 01:35 AM
Hacker

caf2461,
if you go back three pages to the thread "morris knife kit on order ....tips" and look at post #6 &#8 you will see how i did it...very easy and works like a charm. morris mounting scheme was way too complicated to get right. i made 1/16th ply hatches and mounted servos to hatches...if you have more questions just p.m. me and i will help
Old 03-31-2003, 03:21 AM
m.gramling
My Feedback: (8)

You will be a lot happier and its a heck of a lot easier to mount servos to hatches than morris way. Because if you get the hight wrong or spacing wrong you have to either make your holes bigger, or build new hatches.

Morris' way takes to long.
Old 03-31-2003, 10:20 PM
caf2461
My Feedback: (6)

Thanks a bunch. That is just what I am going to do. thanks
Old 04-01-2003, 03:14 PM
Vref
My Feedback: (2)

there was just a thread from a guy who almost lost his airplane because servos were in the hatch and his hatch came loose. I always build the hatch in the top of the wing and mount my servos inverted directly to the bottom sheeting using some 1/4 inch spruce glued to the sheeting. the top of the servo fits nicely out the bottom of the wing.
Old 04-01-2003, 03:20 PM
CDN Marvin
My Feedback: (3)

I mounted mine to 1/4" spruce on the bottom of the wing as well. I am using Hitec 425 servos, and the output gear goes through the sheeting just enough...clean looking installation. Haven't flown it yet, but the setup feals very solid. It wasn't that much work, and a magnetic screwdriver helps alot.
Old 04-01-2003, 05:51 PM
Hacker

Hatch mounting needs to be secure....same as servo tray or any other way you would mount servos. if you use some nice pine or ply rails with enough lap for good screw embedment with out splitting the rail, it is very reliable...and very simple!