Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

fun tiger extra

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2003, 08:27 PM
bigfishman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fun tiger extra

can anyone tell me good and bad charcteristis of these
i have one and i cant get it to fly well
i have a 46 fx on it and it wont fly straight at all
thx
tyler
Old 04-18-2003, 11:29 PM
TERMAGATOR
My Feedback: (2)

Default fun tiger extra

The Fun Tigers are a little heavier than most profile ARFS, I have heard alot of stories of the horz fin folding up on them too. The covering on them is the sticky back kind and that probably adds to the weight. I didnt like the way the did the servo mounting in them either.....They sell an ARC version of this plane, haven't heard much about them....overall...now this is just my opinion.......comes in low on the "fun factor" scale.....G
Old 04-19-2003, 02:59 AM
Constrictor
My Feedback: (46)

Default fun tiger extra

the fun tigre extra and giles practically took over our field a couple of years ago. if you dont fly 3D they fly very well. the fuse is build out of solid ply its very heavy i have seen them hovered but not easliy.
If your into 3D buy a morris, if your happy with a fazer type profile the fun tigers are ok
Old 04-19-2003, 10:05 PM
Ratchet
My Feedback: (1)

Default fun tiger extra

I have an ARC version that I've been flying since the fall. Power is a Saito 56 swinging a MAS 12x6. I finally got around to weighing it today, and ALW is 82.5 ounces ... 5 lbs 2.5 ounces. Less then I thought.

This combination gives fairly good performance. Not unlimited verticle, but not too bad.

I've slowly been adding tail weight in order to get it to fly more to my liking. Right now, the CG is at the rearward most point suggested in the instructions, plus 1 ouce of lead in the tail. Seems to fly pretty good.

Knife edge is finally acheivable, however, I still can't get her to flat spin (upright or inverted).

For the cost, I think the TT is a pretty good investment. I'd stick whith the ARC version, and check all wood and glue joints. I'd also add some cap strips to the top and bottom of the 2 exposed ribs as they warped while shrinking the covering.

With the 46FX, a 12x4 or a 12.25x3.75 APC propeller would be the ideal combination.

You'll have great performance.

-R
Old 04-20-2003, 01:15 AM
YNOT

Default fun tiger extra

They 3D better with a good 61. If you do that, make sure to beef up the tail with catbon fiber or flying wires. You can mount the rudder or elevator servo in the tail to help balance out the bigger motor.
Old 04-20-2003, 02:30 AM
fly300s

Default fun tiger extra

the arf's are not the best (mainly due to covering). But I just love the ARC version. I put a .91 4-stroke, flying wire on the tail, and bolted the hinges in with 4-40 bolts, and it flys awsome. Because of its heavier weight you need to be a pretty good pilot to 3d with it. It has unbelivable vertical , it will go around 70mph horizontal and vertical!
Old 04-20-2003, 02:35 AM
bigfishman

Default fun tiger extra

i have a 46 in mine and cant get it to fly right. always wants to go down and when inverted it wants to go down towards the ground always
any suggestions
tyler
Old 04-20-2003, 02:47 AM
TERMAGATOR
My Feedback: (2)

Default fun tiger extra

Originally posted by bigfishman
i have a 46 in mine and cant get it to fly right. always wants to go down and when inverted it wants to go down towards the ground always
any suggestions
tyler
sounds nose heavy...can you move the battery pack closer to the tail?....G
Old 04-21-2003, 12:58 AM
gubbs3

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fun tiger extra

I have one with a MDS .58, unlimited verticle on a 12/5 Zinger. I am in the process of recovering since the stock sticky back exploded on me last fall. It was kind of pretty seeing all the yellow pieces come floating down, safe landing. The elevator and rudder lack authority but snap rolls move around quick! It's a lot of fun but you do get what you pay for.
Old 04-22-2003, 03:55 PM
Ratchet

Default fun tiger extra

I weighed my TT Extra last night. AUW is 82 ounces - 5 lbs 2 ounces.

Less then I thought.

I have a Saito 56, 5 standard servo's and a regular 600 mAh NI-CD battery pack. There is also a total of 1.5 ounces of stick-on weights to get it to balance to my liking. If I had a 46FX on it, I wouldn't need any stick on weights, so I could get the weight down just below 5 lbs.

-R
Old 04-22-2003, 04:13 PM
CarolinaCrasher

Default fun tiger extra

They are not the best planes in the world. They are heavy and deadstick like they are a brick. They also do not take high speed stress well. The tail sections are kinda weak.
Old 04-23-2003, 05:13 PM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

Default fun tiger extra

i have one and i put a piece of 1/32 ply on the tail so that it would not snap as i have seen one snap and the flyer still was able to land it. i had a os91 on mine now i have a os 70 on there. its a heavier plane than most fun flys. i also have the morris sudokii and its a blast better than the tt it has more side area so knife edge is easier. its also very easy to hover the morris although i can hover both. unlimted is very esay since i have all my fun flys over powered for t-rolls....

www.krayzc.netfirms.com