Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

weird stall ???

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2003, 03:29 AM
Kevin M

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weird stall ???

Hey All, I was out putting my fun 51 through the paces and went to try an elevator. Here's what it did, got it to slow WAY down as I fed elevator in and it just about stopped in midair. Right before it came to a halt the crazy thing started this weird bounce. It looked like it was on a wash board road.

Any ideas????

should I add any thing to it, besides a little more power maybe. Or more throw in the elevator???

Thanks!!!

Kevin
Old 04-26-2003, 05:02 AM
lomcevek1

Default weird stall ???

Do you have any spoilerons programmed in?
Old 04-26-2003, 08:06 PM
Kevin M

Default weird stall ???

I used the airbrake feature on my ax6as, set at -10%
Old 04-26-2003, 11:22 PM
BotleRocketWar

Default weird stall ???

"Right before it came to a halt the crazy thing started this weird bounce. It looked like it was on a wash board road."

Like it stops flying for a second, then flies again, then quits again, and on and on like that?
Old 04-26-2003, 11:52 PM
Kevin M

Default weird stall ???

that sounds like what its doing.
Old 04-27-2003, 01:14 AM
Texas 3D
My Feedback: (16)

Default weird stall ???

well this is because it is constantly about to stall. You will have to program in some spoilerons, and then work it with the throttle too.
Old 04-27-2003, 01:32 AM
Kevin M

Default weird stall ???

I read my radio wrong before, it has 70% on the airbrake feature. That might be too much, Im still new to this type of plane. It only has 7 flights on it....other than this, it flys great! Not to bad for a 45 dollar plane...
Old 04-27-2003, 01:34 AM
Billy Hell
My Feedback: (2)

Default weird stall ???

Looks like a dolphin swimming right?
Old 04-27-2003, 01:41 AM
BotleRocketWar

Default weird stall ???

I read over your first post again and saw it's the Fun 51...First time I read it I got the idea it was a Sledge for some reason.

The Fun 51 will not do an Elevator... It will just do what you described. It will look great in the wind though!

I got about 400 flights in on my Extra Special (basically the same plane) and I tried an elevator everytime I flew it! I just got used to the up and down thing...It was still fun.

More elevator and more rearward CG will help, but physical changes to the design are needed for a really smooth and stable drop like you want.

Other than that, it's a fun plane! It will harrier, but takes just the right entry and a higher than usual nose high attitude. You try a flat spin yet? My Extra Special would just about do a climbing inverted flat spin... KE spins are dang quick too!
Old 04-27-2003, 02:14 AM
Kevin M

Default weird stall ???

yep looks like a dolphin.

Wind seems like a daily thing out here...I ended up with the extra version from a friend in our club that didnt want it anymore. Still need a motor and radio gear to get it going.

Talk about flat spin...its almost a blur!!! I havent mastered a climbing flat spin yet, still working on it. KE's are real easy, from one end of the field to the other. It has a tendance to pull to the belly, but easy to mix in a little elevator to compensate...

These things are way to much fun!!! Just wished there were more people here that flew them.
Old 04-27-2003, 04:18 PM
Andrew_S
My Feedback: (12)

Default weird stall ???

Also sounds a little nose heavy......Andrew