Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

Hobbico Extra 300S .60 ARF

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Hobbico Extra 300S .60 ARF

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2003, 03:17 PM
RC Havoc
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobbico Extra 300S .60 ARF

Hey guys. I would like some info on this plane. How well would an O.S. .61 FX fly it. What would the Vertical be like. Im trying to decide on the 300S or the Worlds .40 size P-51D Mustang. I have a .61 FX not in a plane
Old 04-29-2003, 09:57 PM
ajvpb
My Feedback: (3)

Hello. I have the same airplane with a .91 4-stroke in it. I can tell you that the .61 will almost certainly not be able to hover it/climb vertically. Even with the huge engine up front, I had to add 6.oz of nose weight to it, and the plane will hover a little above 3/4 and has slow verticle. The hardware they give you is a joke. But, the plane's construction is great. Those wings are ridicoulously light. If you do get it, I suggest reading through the manual, then installing the servo tray infront of the cg instead of behind. Great aerobat and was light before the nose weight. It looks great. I know it sounds like I gave it a bad review, but it's alright, especially for the price. Might want to put that fx into something like a 4 star 60 ,or an ultra stick 60. Good luck
Old 04-29-2003, 10:07 PM
RC Havoc
My Feedback: (-1)

Well, Thanks for the Tips, ill certainly keep them in mind. What hardware should I get for it? Does it need better clevis's rods horns or all of the above? Thanks Again.
Old 04-30-2003, 12:51 AM
ajvpb
My Feedback: (3)

The stuff they give you are flexible pushrods that are smaller than 2-56. They connect with the same size screws that are on your switch harness (mabye a little bigger). You will need to get a nice long metal pushrod for the rudder, and a Y-shaped pushrod for the elevator. I have not done this yet, but I will very soon. Throughout the manual they talk about the plane being built for high g manuevers, then they throw in hardware that shouldn't even be used on a trainer. Also, the landing gear is to soft and bends easily, and the wheel pants need to be reinforced. So now that I think about it, even though I now like the plane, you may want to get a .46 sized extra, giles, etc. Sorry I cant help you that much, but I have the .40 sized ultra stick, and I don't have anything bad to say about that other than put some extra epoxy around the landing gear area (I never had a problem but others have). I guess it really depends on what your looking for. I would probably say low wing if you want an exciting plane all the way to the ground, or ultra stick if you want a fairly aerobatic/ knock around plane that will land as slow as your trainer. Sorry I can't offer more help.