Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Pro Twister help.

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2003, 08:57 AM
mc71

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pro Twister help.

I am about to order the plans from Lanier, but I was wondering if anyone in australia already had some, or if i could get copies from somewhere else. Im planning on building it over my study break so any comments on the plane, or nifty ideas to help the building go a little quicker would also be appreciated. Im willing to pay for the plans if they are in good condition.

:drowning:

I just thought he looked cool.
Old 05-01-2003, 12:45 PM
TERMAGATOR
My Feedback: (2)

MC
heres something I think I'd try on the next PT I build.....The fuse is built out of 3/8 sq balsa sticks, I would substitute the top and bottom 3/8 sq balsa for a 1/4x3/8 hardwood sticks. This is just to keep the fuse stiff. If I knew the hardwood was ALOT heavier, I might only do the bottom stick. I would dog-ear the outter aileron corners , this would be to keep them from breaking when the plane flew out of a low hover. I would also take the vertical fin and attach it to the rudder instead of the fuse. Here is a pic of one P.T. with the aileron mods....G
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	74951_7876.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	44903  
Old 05-01-2003, 10:17 PM
mc71

The famous Gator I believe,

How do you mean "I would also take the vertical fin and attach it to the rudder instead of the fuse", EH? I haven't seen the plans yet so I'm probably missing what you are saying.

I was hoping that you would reply you seem to have a lot of experience with this plane. I really want this plane to do the things my current one wont. Its too flexible (think "hovering cobra" flexible) to do the really fun things, blenders, waterfalls etc. and I would really like to be able to do pinwheels as well. Will the pro twister be able to do these?

Matt
Old 05-02-2003, 02:09 AM
TERMAGATOR
My Feedback: (2)

Yeah Matt the P.T. is a great profile. I have built so many of them I've lost count but it somewhere around 10. The fuse has a small vertical fin that the rudder hinges into, as well as the fuse, this small fin is built seperate and added to the fuse after you cover it. What I say do is glue the small vertical fin to the rudder, dont attach it to the fuse, make this fin part of the rudder, here is a pic, I didnt discover this mod till after I covered this plane...G

Name:	75135_7876.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	44904  
Old 05-02-2003, 12:45 PM
wagas

I did this on my PT rudder and if and when I build another one I will omit any kind of counter balance all together.

Out of all my profiles the ones that didn't have the counter balance seem to hover/knife edge better.

3 out of the 6 profiles I've built didn't have counter balances.

Profile (selfdesign-highwing) w/counter balance
Sig Profile Ultimate WITHOUT/Counter Balance
Wildcat Extra w/Counter Balance
ProTwister w/Counter Balance
Sig Fazer WITHOUT/Counter Balance
Hovering Cobra WITHOUT/Counter Balance

I goofed up my AOA by mounting the landing gear to high.
I hated the gear that came with the kit. If you can find gear that's tall I would go for that as an upgrade.

On the next one I build I would move the hinge line on the elevator up 1 inch. Lengthen the Elevator by 2 inches and would Use Counter balances. See Pic 2

Name:	75214_1439.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	44905  
Old 05-02-2003, 12:46 PM
wagas

Default Pic 2

Anyway these are just my thoughts on mine. I kinda miss the airplane now that I've sold it. O-well that's why I like to build.

The PT was one of my most predictable airplanes that I've own. Nothing suprising like snaps, dropping out of the sky when the engine quit. Just a great fun fly.

Now if I could just get my hands on a 1-FUN-DR1 profile. He He

Pic 2

Name:	75215_1439.jpeg
Views:	12
Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	44906  
Old 05-03-2003, 03:44 AM
mc71

Thanks for your help guys, now all I have to do is find some way of getting the plans of here.