Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

Extreme 330 Control throws???

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Extreme 330 Control throws???

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2003, 03:08 PM
Sewerdude
My Feedback: (20)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Extreme 330 Control throws???

Starting on my 330. All it says in the manual is that the controls should be set at +or- 3/8". Is this right? I know the control surfaces are big, but that seems alittle low to me. What would be a good low and high rate. Wondering how you guys sett yours up. Also, this is my first profile, got any advice? Thanks, JT
Old 05-02-2003, 04:48 PM
shmo46

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its not a bad idea to start where the manual suggests, but I use full rudder (45 degrees?), about an inch on aielerons and about an inch on elevator.
Old 05-02-2003, 05:24 PM
Texas 3D
My Feedback: (16)

That sounds a little low. I always set my throws at maximum possible on high rates, and then about half of that on low rates. Then use a ton of expo. Did this also with my Extreme 330, and it was fine !
Now, if you are new to Profiles, then I would go with the recommended 3/8 on low rates, and give it some more on high.
Old 05-02-2003, 05:30 PM
George E.
My Feedback: (16)

You're not going to do much 3D with 3/8 inch throw. I find using a minimum of 45 degrees on the elevator is really a must. I fly with high rate on all the time and use as much expo as I need to make it "feel right".

Start with what feels right and slowly increase the throws. You'll find you want more and more throw as you get comfortable with 3D
Old 05-03-2003, 01:59 AM
BAD ANDY
My Feedback: (11)

Default correct throws

I set my low rates at 3/8" as per the manual and it is a blast to fly. The maiden flight I set the controls like all of my morris fun flys and wow it was a hand full even with 65% expo. My high rates are at 3/4". Hope this helps, BAD ANDY
Old 05-03-2003, 02:12 PM
Sewerdude
My Feedback: (20)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, Guess I'll go with the 3/8 inch to start out. Sure seems low though compared to the other profile planes and thier throws. Glad I know now, might of been a disaster if I would put them at say, 1 1/2" like my Pizazz calls for. Thanks, JT