Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

Livening up my TopCap

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Livening up my TopCap

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2003, 07:47 PM
rightflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Livening up my TopCap

Some far, I have been rather disappointed in my Top Cap ARF. I have a YS 63 on it with the standard CG.(4.5") I am hoping moving the CG back some will help. At this point, I could do more wild stuff with my Super Wasp that my Top Cap.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 05-04-2003, 03:02 AM
jester1a
My Feedback: (1)

On my Top-Cap kit, which is less than a month old ( but I think it was in the hobby shop for a while before i bought it) , the number is 5.25 inches- it is very obviously a change as it is white-outed and hand written in.

JESTER

PS: I just checked the web site and the online manual does not have the change that is in mine for what it's worth.
Old 05-04-2003, 09:01 AM
bob_nj
My Feedback: (62)

What exactly is it doing or not doing? Have you tried the vortex strips? I think the manual for the Knife has the description and instructions for them. Definitely useful and worthwhile depending on your flying style. Also, if you can get your hands on the manual for the "Fun Design," there are some useful set up tips for hovering, set up, cg, and flying. Let me know how you make out_bob
Old 05-04-2003, 02:43 PM
JB Rekit
My Feedback: (3)

keep strapping weight to the tail until it flies the way you want. Then, find where the CG is, remove the tail weight, and rearrange your radio equipment so that you get the CG back to that point.

or you can leave the weight on there. I personally don't like adding a whole lot of weight to my plane if I can help it.

John
Old 05-04-2003, 05:07 PM
sport10

Setup this plane with 1 to 2 degrees of right thrust and set the CG to 5". Prop the engine for thrust using the 13x4W APC. Maybe use a 6 volt pack if using standard servos. This figure should get you in the ballpark. Also add some mixes like mix the ailerons to act like flaps when using the elevator for tight flips and spins and set up spoilerons (50% works for me) for doing stable harriers and elevators. This should make make this plane more capable.