Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

Magnum 91 four in a Sig Ultimate?

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Magnum 91 four in a Sig Ultimate?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2003, 04:06 PM
fireman_bill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnum 91 four in a Sig Ultimate?

OK, Need some advise...

I have a Sig Ultimate Fun Fly in the bones and need to decide on the engine.

I am considering a Magnum 91 four stroke that I already own. I like all of my aircraft overpowered, but don't want to do something I will regret. I also own a Magnum 52 that I could use but am concerned that it is not enough.

I have a Sig Fazer that I love with the Magnum 52 four stroke and it is a great engine for the plane. Added about three ounces to the tail and CG is perfect.

I also have a Sig Somethin Extra with an OS 91 four stroke. Had to put the battery as far back as I could and add a couple of ounces to the tail. This plane takes off in about three feet and will go vertical forever.

I looked at the Magnum 80 but it is only 2 ounces lighter and I would have to purchase.

So, now that you know I have the Tim Taylor "More is Better" attitude...

If I use the 91 I can get the CG close by placing the servos on the rear stabilizer. So, if I mount them in the tail the CG should be OK. Mounting the battery in the left wing just outside the servo mount gives the lateral balance.

What' s the down side of using the Magnum 91?
Will the plane fall like a rock with an engine out?
What is the best way to install the servos in the tail of a profile plane?

Or, should I just suck it up and purchase a better matched motor? What would I get to meet my particular tastes?

Any advise is welcome.

Thanks,

Fireman_bill
Loveland Propbusters
Cincinnati, Ohio
Old 05-04-2003, 05:01 PM
CarolinaCrasher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnum 91 four in a Sig Ultimate?

I think that the 91 is way too much engine for the ultimate. Also it will make it really heavy. I would go for the Magnum 52 if I were you.