Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

Japanese profiles...

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Japanese profiles...

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2003, 11:38 AM
DominicM

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Japanese profiles...

Came across this site on my travels and had to share. Some vids of a profile Gee-Bee in the hands of a real pro. They're not cheap but the 540 has given me inspiration for my next build.

http://www2s.biglobe.ne.jp/~onoono/online/
Old 05-06-2003, 12:30 PM
ChuckAuger
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ono is the man..

There is a poster Jon (695??) here who has been to Ono's shop in Japan. Ono designs these profiles and can fly extremely well. He calls them the F.Air (Flight Air) series. The Extra design was (from what I gather) picked up by Goldberg as the Extreme 330.

I have some amazing video of Ono getting down with some of these profiles. I want to share this tape with some buddies but I always end up watching it again.

I looked at the site you posted but couldn't make out the Japanese..if you could give specific links to the videos I'm sure the guys here would love to see the Japanese master at work.
Old 05-06-2003, 12:39 PM
DominicM

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Can't give you a direct link as the site is framed but here's how to get to the movies...

1. Go to the link
2. Click on the Gee-Bee image
3. Click on the top link next to the Gee-Bee image
4. Click on the disc drive icon on this page

ENJOY !
Old 05-06-2003, 01:50 PM
ChuckAuger

Default Thanks..

Yeah, that is what I'm talkin' about!!

Man after I found where the video links were located, I just had to check out some of the other planes as well.

Thanks for breaking it down where the videos could be easily found, I love watching those guys go at it.
Old 05-06-2003, 11:39 PM
BotleRocketWar

Not a surprise that Goldberg got the design... I never thought the 330 was an Edge in it's past life, but....

They got the Seduction design too. There was supposed to be an ARF (the Matrix) version of it out by now. What ever happened to that?
Old 05-07-2003, 12:22 AM
ChuckAuger

Default LOL

Originally posted by BotleRocketWar
Not a surprise that Goldberg got the design... I never thought the 330 was an Edge in it's past life, but....

They got the Seduction design too. There was supposed to be an ARF (the Matrix) version of it out by now. What ever happened to that?
Yeah I got crossed up..he has a 540 and a 330..obviously the 330 was what became the Extreme 330.

The ARF Seduction clone was a Lanier/Goldberg effort...I don't know anything about that, I don't see Knife Brother around much. At any rate I think the Japanese dudes do the concept and sell it to the ARF makers. The kits on this page are still the Japanese designs.

Shoot BRW, you read Japanese, you should be telling US what's up!
Old 05-07-2003, 12:39 AM
N45328

Tons of more videos are here.... http://203.140.76.147/hokusei/movie/movie.htm