Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

Profile fuse for Magic Wing

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Profile fuse for Magic Wing

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2003, 03:19 AM
CaMike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Profile fuse for Magic Wing

Ok, I know another person recently did this but I was wondering what anyone's thoughts would be on shortening the Magic wing by about 6-7 inches (which would bring it into the size range of the Topcap) and scratch building an extra or edge or Yak type fuse for it? Any thoughts? Is the Magic wing chord too small to shorten it without sacraficing flyability? I'm trying to use the parts I have in my garage to get another plane in the air. I also have the wing from a 40 size Kyosho Cap 232 but that is probably WAY too thin for a profile/fun fly. No, I didn't do in the fuses that these wings used to belong too, a friend that will remain nameless tested the elasticity of Balsa with 2 different planes...Balsa doesn't retain it original shape very well when screwed into the ground from 50 feet up...Anyway, any thoughts or ideas would be more then appreciated! Thanks!

Mike