Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Acceptance

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2003, 02:01 PM
Tattoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Acceptance

I can't compliment you guys enough, and a HUGE thank youfrom the low budget busy ranks of one Spadder...As Spad grows and the word gets out, it's not uncommon to receive negitive comments from pilots and builders who don't quite know or haven't yet seen or flown what they are commenting on. When the PBF's, QHOR and PQHOR starting hitting the fields, I found this forum and decided what the heck, and posted what we were up to...half expecting some of the negitivity we have gotten from other areas of R/C that Spads have surfaced in. Instead, what I found here was guys not afraid to try it...post reports...videos...tweek ideas...and have a blast with it!...and not one negitive/cheapskate/barf/instant gratification/brick/disposable type comment whatsoever. You guys really ROCK...I've learned that funflyers are truely a different breed with a level of acceptance not matched anywhere else in this hobby...with a willingness to not only try out, but improve and promote anything that carrys with it FUN...weather it's a $5 airplane or a $5,000 airplane. You'all really know how to make a lazy cheapskate R/C'er with a very busy lifestyle feel right at home!
Old 05-08-2003, 02:19 PM
Hacker

Default Acceptance

actually i think you have it back-wards....we owe you along with some others Dave Mc d,Kraut and others for sharing your ideas and thoughts...THANK YOU!
Old 05-08-2003, 03:04 PM
Kevins_RC
My Feedback: (1)

Default Acceptance

I agree with Hacker (as per-usual <LOL>). It is us that owe you - Tattoo, along with Dave and Kraut! Yeah - you're right, Fun Fliers are different (you want to fight about it! ) and we like it that way! <LOL> We are outcasts at our own fields allot of the time, hence we band together. SPADs won't replace my balsa aircraft, though they sure do fill a potentially expense gap (learning curve wise), inexpensively! To Quote Hacker, SPADs "Take a dorkin' and keep on torquin'!"
A big personal Thanks goes out to the 'Spadders' for introducing me to their niche!
Kevin
Old 05-08-2003, 03:13 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Acceptance

I agree!! Thanks for sharing your idea's!!!:thumbup:
Old 05-08-2003, 09:33 PM
hoverit-RCU

Default Acceptance

I also would like to thank you spad guys. Now I am building 3 new spads to hover. I think you'll find my ideas very inovative. I'm not trying to out spad you guys, I just want to contribute to low cost and durable fun for all. I'll be posting the new birds here and the spad room also as soon as they're ready.

Thanks, Hoverit.
Old 05-09-2003, 12:40 AM
PaulSwany
My Feedback: (45)

Default Acceptance

There's one guy out at our field that could build a city out of Coroplast... We call him the Spad Man Of Rock!!!! LOL!! He goes by ChrisSpad here on RCU and has been a moderator on the spad boards for a while... Great guy... will do anything for you... He probably has more fun that anyone I know... new plane every week... He's a mad scientist....

Tattoo - Duuuude.... You ROCK!! You've always been forthcoming on your new designs and have spend MUCH time detailing the construction and techniques so anyone could build them... I still remember the first day I flew my Spad Dart... What a kick!!! I could believe it could fly so well!!! and it only took an evening to build... Thanks sooo much for sharing all your great ideas with us "odd balls"....

I hope to meet you and kraut up at SpadFest.
Old 05-09-2003, 01:19 AM
Mike18

Default Acceptance

I'm not trying to out spad you guys,
hoverite,

I think this is part of the SPAD idea. This is how (in my opinion) a lot of the SPADs have reached the point they are at and how we will see stuff we haven't even thought of yet.
This is what makes SPADing great. SPADers don't get mad when others improve on their ideas. They take pride in the fact that they are involved in a process that gives everyone a better plane to fly.
You just try to out-SPAD everyone and see how well we all like it.
Old 05-09-2003, 04:38 AM
lomcevek1

Default Acceptance

I have finnally found an RC club that is accepting to my wild flying style. Too bad I had to go to the edge of the planet to find it. But from people from other clubs I have heard most of the same things people say here.

Flat ugliness
Why don't you just get a helicopter?
When are you going to build a "real" airplane?
Is that all it can do?
Old 05-09-2003, 11:34 AM
Goinstraightup
My Feedback: (26)

Default Acceptance

Nice post Tattoo. I've found that RCU quite well mirrors the RC community as a whole in that 99% are really nice and helpful. Unfortunately, every once and a while the 1% comes along, but I'm noticing that they don't last very long. Thanks again.

Jeff A
Old 05-09-2003, 02:40 PM
Tattoo

Default Acceptance

Wow! Thanks a million for the responses! ...and as for "out doing" Spad guys...Mike18 hit the nail on the head...that's what we want!!! GREAT reply Mike!...you said it better than I ever could have!
Old 05-09-2003, 08:32 PM
Mike18

Default Acceptance

Aw Gee Tatoo thanks.

I can't wait to meet you all next week.

Mike18
Old 05-10-2003, 01:46 PM
GaryB-RCU
My Feedback: (3)

Default Acceptance

...i'm a lot more impressed with a $15 airplane than a $5,000 airplane that'll do what the QHOR does! - thanks to all for sharing their creative and design genius!...

...i don't even own one yet...but i've flown my buddy's - had it hovering on the deck & torque rolling the second flight - impressive design! - we've already got 2 in our club & at least 3 more being built...